Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
98 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 98

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »
Re: Still interested in Huno's games ?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
* Are you still interested in gaming projects from Huno?

Yes to try them out too see whats new etc.

* Do you play Huno's game ?

I dont play much more then try games out. I do have ps4 for this but even there i dont play much, not near i used to in the 90s.

* What could refrain you from playing or using Huno's games/apps ?

3D drivers for Radeon HD cards. Got tired of amiga whatever. But that can change sometime in future whenever that is.

Edit: Huno is doing a great job but i know his feeling. Maybe try and port some software that we lack and fill in the gap there :)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Yes of course
* Do you play Huno's game ?
Yes but not all games. It is normal that somebody don`t like all games.
I have some favorite games.
3D because i can`t play this kind of games. I like some 3D games from Huno very much but i didn`t downloaded them because i can`t play them.

Amiga600/Vampire2/PrismaMegaMix​/32GB CF Card/2x Rys Mk2/A604n/IndivisionECS/Gotek
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@HunoPPC

I'm not a gamer myself but I know a lot of people who love your ports. Keep up your great work! - it's really appreciated by the community although it might not look so.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@HunoPPC

I'm a fan, but don't play your games, sorry,
lack of 3D, better games on PC, and I spending my time writing my on applications make little time to try stuff out.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:
Are you still interested in gaming projects from Huno?

Of course yes!

Quote:
Do you play Huno's game ?

Yes more or less i'm playing all games/emulators he released, expecially i'm a big fun of the emulators, GnGeo for example is one of the best software ever released under OS4, the next one will be FinalBurn i'm sure

Particurally what i like of him is the extreme professionality of his work, they do not just a "port" but he really develop them one by one !

I wonder why a developer like him isn't into the OS4 team yet ..

Quote:
What could refrain you from playing or using Huno's games/apps ?

Nothing, my only complain is about my little hardware, my Sam440 is not enough for many games (expecially 3D games), so i can't play the games i will like to .. also beside Gallium it's also not a mistery that our current Warp3D needs optimizations, another reason to wait for Warp3D for Radeon HD

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@K-L

is this a joke?! OF COURSE! HUNO'S OUR MAN

* Do you play Huno's games ?

actually my 9 and 6 year olds play them more than I do so sometimes I wish they would go play with their Wii and leave papa's Amiga alone

I know everyone knows this but We need full 3D to fully enjoy the more demanding games properly. Huno's done an amazing job with making them work with what we currently have but it's a band aid until we get full & proper 3D.

-----------------------------------------------

btw, I like the web page because it's different but must admit sometimes it takes a bit of time to find what you're looking for.

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information

I donated again 25 € to Huno for his important efforts in porting games, emulators and applications. personally I thought he got some credit from many Amiga users for his work, but I think that of course he should get, well deserved if you ask me. I bought the dvd game collection and a few more, this dvd I spend a lot of time and am very happy with the quality of this dvd is made. Final Burn is really great package i must get, i haven't tested it yet, but i usually wait until most bugs are gone (sorry). I still have not warp3d capable machine, so do not get to try everything. but think his work is very important and we hope he will continue with his magic.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I have bought two licenses for 1941 and his game DVD, so yes, I'm a interested.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Well, his site is a mess and he doesn't upload his stuff to file portals like os4depot so many people don't find them.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I am very interested about his project/works/games as He is a very skilled coders but as spotUP said, the website is a little bit a mess :D

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Ok, thanks for all these answers.

What I guess from all your answers is that Huno's portal and forum are hard to read. He'll have to work on this specific topic.

Regarding OS4Depot, some of the games are on it. I'll check with him why others aren't (lack of time for uploading, slow connection for big games, etc...).

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Played some games and a lot more I haven't got round to but will. I think I sent some money for 1941DX key or something a number of years ago.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@fingus

You wrote: "Another story is the fact that wapz3d isn´t running that smooth on my NG, maybe with new RadeonHD-Driver i will dig into the World of 3D Edoshooters again"

There is certainly something to do about that. Which machine do you have?

To answer to my friend K-L about games of my friend Huno :)

Unfortunately I have not enough time to play games. And if I would have, I will spend it to develop. Huno: You know that one day we will really work on a common project!

Like Hans, I think the work of Huno is well received and appreciated.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@all
Thank you very much for your feedback that makes me very happy (really)
I'll try to answer some questions
For the state of my website I am willing to change some things but he must be decided by that agency and all for everyone are agreements, then if a person see many people willing to propose to make the site better I would see super happy because I'm not too strong in this kind of creation.
Then we will talk about creating sections on the forum dedicated
In terms of os4depot yes I know I do not uploade files on this depot here because I only have 128ko upload and I'll upload my days and it takes me much more time than Simple ftp lequels I can pause and resume later because my computers are not connected all day with me, and the last reason and that when I do updates it makes me do a lot more handling and waiting.
KL or if another person offers to upload my work on OS4 depot I'll be ok but must first go through me before starting this, thank you in advance.
I asked betatesteur be there some time but there was no result, because many normal betatesteur its already present.
I do not want to be part of the dev team OS4 because I want it's still a passion for me, not an ordeal.
Then as I saw it, actually I'm not too active on the board when I'm on the forums to pass the time I do not code, I simply chose not too waste my time on the forums and work, thank you for your understanding.
And I'm agreements with Hans it is time that I make a big break after the release of fba 2nd version rageos4x for donors because you were so far 22 amigans who responded on this thread, it makes little people interested so I'm going to put myself 100% on my next exam and my greatest passion that my family that I will be more present.
Thank you thank you again for all your support and beautiful things we can all do together, mutual aid is important between amigans
HunoPPC

AmigaOS 4.1 Rulez
Resized Image
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@HunoPPC

Hunno For President!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@HunoPPC

Enjoy your break, but please don't be gone for too long.

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I'll take tim to upload Huno's work very soon.

I'll check with him what can (or cannot) be included and then send all his finished ports on OS4Depot.

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@corto

I have a Sam460ex lite (1Ghz) with 2GB RAM and Radeon6570 Ultimate (passive cooled)

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
I also love Hunno's great work. Hope he will continue to create great stuff for our loved computers. And we should all support him by donating, or buying his DVDs

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I don't really have time for playing Amiga games these days (maybe I will eventually), but some of HunoPPC's ports were very nice (I tend to prefer bigger & more well-known games, rather than small/obscure ones).

Probably I'm most likely to be interested in 3D ones, but there are currently difficulties with 3D on X1000 (while my Sam440 is a bit too underpowered).

Allowing for that, I would have been most interested in:
* Q3Rally
* Return to Castle Wolfenstein (RTCW)
So it's sad that both are listed as "cancelled" :-/

I have to agree - the website is a bit of a nightmare. It basically appears to be one huge page. For a start, the listed games should be organised by type, e.g. shoot-em'up, platformer, puzzle. Maybe also keep 3D & 2D games separate (maybe still on same page). While non-games should be on their own pages. I didn't even know there were any forums! I think simple reorganisation would be a big improvement (I suggest a single vertical menu listing all pages, making sure to split listed software into page for each 'type').

Also the games appeared to be listed in a random order, even 'new' & 'old' are mixed-up. Maybe put them in chronological order, with newest at the top? Or else alphabetical.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »