Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
141 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 140

orgin, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 4 5 »
Who is getting the A1222 Plus?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi everyone,

I was wondering who here is planning to get the new A1222 Plus?

I've sold my Sam Flex, so I'm ready to get a new computer. Not on the original early adopter list though, but hopefully it all goes well.

I have a graphics card, Radeon R7 240, which I hope will work, as well as a case and SSD's, but also considering getting a pre-built system if one of the shops makes something cool (and small).

Go to top
Re: Who is getting the A1222 Plus?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I am on early adopter programme, so I am looking forward to A1222+!

AmigaOS3: Amiga 1200
AmigaOS4: Micro A1-C, AmigaOne XE, Pegasos II, Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOne X1000
MorphOS: Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Pegasos II, Powerbook, Mac Mini, iMac, Powermac Quad
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@sailor

Cool! Have you decided on case, graphics card etc. yet or will you wait until you know when the board arrives?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@AmigaOldskooler
I am waiting till it arrives. Then Tabor spent some time on testbed with RX460 from my linux workstation. But then for sure I will use some powerful Polaris.

For the case I will wait - at first I need upgrade my workplace to fit Sam460LE and A1222+
If you will have tip for nice case, pls let us know.

AmigaOS3: Amiga 1200
AmigaOS4: Micro A1-C, AmigaOne XE, Pegasos II, Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOne X1000
MorphOS: Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Pegasos II, Powerbook, Mac Mini, iMac, Powermac Quad
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@AmigaOldskoolerQuote:
AmigaOldskooler wrote:Hi everyone,

I was wondering who here is planning to get the new A1222 Plus

I am so getting one. I'm really psyched about it, so here's hoping for a ton of A1222-built software in the coming months - QuakeWorld included.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
At a low entry price of $400 I’ll take one.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I would like to put hands on A1222 Plus board.. In past I had two Micro AmigaOne boards and I liked so much their dimensions, so yeah there is chance that I buy one in future, because this is something similar.

PS. And I need to have something in reserve for running AmigaOs 4.1

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich

Warp - Croatian Amiga portal
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
If existing users buy the a1222, then the community doesn't grow. Which is counterproductive.

For me personally the a1222 is three steps back from the X5000. I'm more interested in the official position of the Amigaos4 parties towards the T2080 notebook.

Edited by geennaam on 2023/7/28 23:09:54
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@AmigaOldskooler

I am very interested in purchasing an A1222 Plus to complement my MicroA1 system.

---
redfox

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I am for sure buying one, then I have my old Sam440ep, X5000 and hopefully an A1222 :)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
[quote]If existing users buy the a1222, then the community doesn't grow. Which is counterproductive.[/quote]

You are right, of course. That's why threads like these don't belong on Amiga sites, but rather Linux messageboards and Reddit. Even a modest influx of Linux users and developers to Release 4.1-powered Amigas would make a ton of difference.

Resized Image
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I don't think it is counterproductive that existing users will buy the A1222. Many will upgrade from old systems not supporting more modern graphics cards, and will finally be able to use the updated graphics drivers from A-EON, which in turn will provide access to a lot of new software.

A consequence of this is that there will be more people out there with Enhancer installed being able to purchase new games from Entwickler X, play ports of games brought over by Kas1e, Sinan and others. Not forgetting buying newer software available on Amistore or in the shop of Alinea (and other stores).

New users are of course important, but we must not forget that there are many out there with older Micro A1's, XE's and Sam440's who probably want to get access to the fun others are enjoying right now.

Besides, I think having threads like this on Amiga forums is a must. People curious about the A1222 or AmigaOS 4 in general outside of our bubble will search on Google for information. If they only get results like that new big thread on Amigaworld.net where the A1222 is being teared to pieces, they will probably quickly loose interest and forget about the whole thing.

On the other hand, if they find this very thread on Amigans.net through Google and see positive people eagerly anticipating the arrival of the system and talking about which graphics cards to use, which case to get and so forth, they might be interested to investigate further.

Besides, I personally find it interesting to hear what others here are looking forward to when it comes to the A1222 - sharing the passion and enthusiasm so to speak!

That said, I think having threads like this on Amigans AND similar ones on Reddit etc. would be the best.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I'd like to get another OS4.x machine. I'm just not excited about the A1222+ for the performance/price as well as the compatibility issues. If the devs can get Aladdin4D or Lightwave running (even if slowly running), I'd be more likely to consider it.

Sold the SAM460ex lite... waiting for money for X5000 or A1222 and OS 4.2
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I might get one depending on the price. I have a Sam 440 EP that I am very happy with but would love to add a second OS4 machine so that I have a backup for the future.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@interrogative
Quote:
If the devs can get Aladdin4D or Lightwave running (even if slowly running), I'd be more likely to consider it.

A-EON own Aladdin4D so there is at least hope that ther'll be an SPE version if they port it to OS4.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I have an X5000, and I'm also looking at getting an A1222+. I agree that limited hardware in the marketplace means every sale to an existing user does not grow our community. We know that A-Eon purchased 1500 CPUs back in the mid-2010s. We also understand that the T1022 is a challenging CPU choice due to SPE.

Let's assume AAA has used the full CPU inventory in this production run, and they will have 1500 units for sale when it's released (We don't know the production number, and there have been CPUs used in dev boards, etc., but let's assume for now.) If willing customers who already have OS 4 machines decide not to buy these systems so that other, net new AmigaOS 4 customers can, we open ourselves to more stagnation. That could create the worst-case situation with boards sitting on the shelf, unsold.

That will signal to the producers not to further invest in future boards or production. These sales generate revenue that can be used to further development. Right now, we are in a downward spire, and we need to change this to an upward spiral.

Consider this, Amedia Computer has two different OS 4 systems for sale right now, the X5000/40 and the Sam460le. All indications show that the A1222+ will be available this year too. That means we will have 3 different AmigaOS 4 compatible systems commercially available in 2023. We have not seen that since the early 2010s with AmigaOne and Sam's.

Bottom line, if you want to buy one of those boards, do it! Buy 10. The only way AmigaOS 4 will survive is if these systems sell.

We must reward those who take the risk to produce HW for our beloved OS.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@tekmage Wasn't it 1000, not 1500?

I guess the first batch will be 100 or maybe 200.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
They need to keep some of those 1500 CPUs for maintenance reason I guess.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
No need i have X5000 :)

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@tekmage
Quote:
I agree that limited hardware in the marketplace means every sale to an existing user does not grow our community.

Some Sam440 and low end AmigaOne or Pegasos systems will likely make their way to the second hand market providing a cheaper route for some new users who may condsider the current hardware to be too expensive.

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 3 4 5 »