Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
155 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 155

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 »
Re: How many A1-X1000 First Contact machines have arrived?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@AmigaNG

Welcome back! Thank you for the video, I hope you will enjoy your new X1000 and Amiga OS 4.1.

I would suggest you to have a look at this usefull pdf document :
http://www.os4depot.net/index.php?fun ... /tutorial/gtmooya2011.pdf

Don't hesitate to ask for help. For specific question regarding the operating system, it may also be a good thing to check the official forums ( http://forum.hyperion-entertainment.biz/ )

A1200PPC/Sam440ep/Sam460ex/X1000/X5020 OS4.1
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

nbache wrote:
This one? http://map.minimig.net/
At least that's the one I'm on.

Yes that's the one.

I'll have to get Wunnell to add to it, as there is only me showing for my area !

That would make 2 X1000 users in the far north of Scotland

Bill.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

Hans wrote:
So far I count two people who have (rather excitedly) let us know that their machines have arrived. While it's nice to hear their first impressions, I would have expected that more would have arrived by now.

So, new A1-X1000 owners, please drop by and say hi in this thread. And, if you're not too busy playing with your new toy, some first impressions, photos, or more, would be appreciated.

Hans

P.S. You can skip the benchmarks; I've already seen them, and am bored of those.

I just received my X1000 around Noon today, Feb. 16th, which is 13 days earlier than I had guessed I would be getting it when I made a prediction several weeks ago.

Getting it is the good news! FedEX is the BAD NEWS! They already played darts with amigasociety's X1000 package and put a dent in the side panel of his X1000 case. The damage to my X1000 case is much worse and cannot be fixed.

I have already ranted what happened on two or three other forum sites and at the A.org X1000 owners Social Group (invite to any X1000 owners that want to join us there, it is a closed and moderated Social Group just for X1000 owners), so I don't really want to repeat all the details here again. If you want to read about it, visit the Hyperion forums and you can read what I wrote there.

My X1000 runs and does not appear to be damaged functionally, but the case is damaged inside and outside, in a way that could not be a simple oversight. Who ever did the damage, covered it up after the fact as there is no way it could have been done without someone knowing that they had just done serious damage to my case. It had to be either a FedEX employee, or the Custom's Agent that inspected my package for Custom's Clearance.

I am pursuing all methods to have my case replaced by FedEX, with the help of AmigaKit, through the insurance claim process. Just a shame that the malicious damage that was done tainted my experience of receiving my X1000.

I'll try to make some videos of me using my X1000 in the future and will most likely be here asking tons of questions. This is my first OS4.x computer and my first ever, brand new (not NOS) Amiga(One) computer system. It is much more exciting than the NOS A1200 I bought from AmigaKit and my NOS CDTV that I bought from Carl Sassenrath, during the AmiWest 2010 Show 16 months ago.

Hopefully, I can keep using it while FedEX and AmigaKit determine how to send me a replacement case, and I don't have to send the whole thing back and wait weeks, or months to have it replaced.

Edit: @tajmaster,

I agree that A.org has gone downhill ever since Wayne left and I have thought about leaving there as well, many times, but it was my first Amiga "Home" on the Internet, so it is hard to give up on them. I don't spend much time there anymore and have cut down posting there by probably 90% or more. I disagree that there are more MorphOS users there than any other group of users. The predominant group of users there is still the original Amiga 68k group, and it will probably always stay that way. The problem there is that the moderation is lax and there are a half dozen trolls that happen to also be MorphOS users that make the rest of us (that means ME) MorphOS users look bad.

I have tried many times to convince these "Bad Apples" in the MorphOS community, that their trolling is bad for all MorphOS users and hurts us getting more users to try MorphOS, but they will not listen and are too immature to stop their behavior. Not all MorphOS users are that way and not all criticism by MorphOS users regarding OS4.x topics is malicious, but too much of trolling goes on and it makes all other comments by any MorphOS users to be seen as additional trolling. There are "Bad Apples" in all camps, and unfortunately, it is those "Bad Apples" that are usually the most vocal and post the most messages everywhere. Thankfully, most users and developers are not that immature and have given up on these childish fights. Hopefully the rest of the childish trolls will grow up some day and the fighting will stop. (probably not in my life time though).

I like all platforms that have been created due to the inspiration of the original Commodore Amiga systems. I am very happy to have my first OS4.x compatible system and look forward to programming on and for all flavors, as I improve my coding skills.

Edited by AmigaDave on 2012/2/17 5:33:17
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ AmigaNG & AmigaDave

welcome back to AmigaOS & congrats on your new X1000

@ AmigaDave

so sorry to hear about the damage to the X1000 case and glad to hear that Nemo is ok. I'm sure Amigakit will get things settled with FedEx & your new case will arrive soon enough

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Mine's due in the next 2 hours!!

This Puny World will bow down to
Professor Chaos
Prepare for the greatest Villan you have ever seen!!
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Quote:

AmigaNG wrote:
Hello all thought it was about time I join this site and what better way of doing than by doing it with my new AmigaONE X1000. Yep first Amiga website I have posted on from my new Amiga. Lots to learn and setup but finding it great to be back on an Amiga.

unboxing vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUYFW8GKLXs

later

On behalf of the Amigans.net staff, Welcome to Amigans.net

Mikey C

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Its just Arrived now to clear the desk!!

This Puny World will bow down to
Professor Chaos
Prepare for the greatest Villan you have ever seen!!
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

AJS wrote:
Its just Arrived now to clear the desk!!

congrats dude

(btw, pictures or it didnt happen )

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@AmigaDave

It's great you got your A1-X1000 and it still works after the shipping nightmare. We work hard to make Amiga.org a nice website to visit. At the end of the day the site is what the members make it. Of course other great Amiga forum sites exist as well. This site is one of them. Personally we believe in Amiga OS 4.x and post news items about it on A.org all the time. We also own OS 4.x machines. Equal time is also offered to Classic Amiga, MorphOS & AROS. It's best to get along in our small community since sales have not been in the millions for some time. Brands have ups and downs, hopefully the Amiga brand will have a large upswing in the future.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@discreetfx

If you want to make a.org a nice place to visit, maybe you should give certain people a ban period. Always the same people over and over again talking trash. Sadly.

X5000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Antique

+1

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Just thought it was time some one post a little review on the system, it more just thought of what i think of it so far, enjoy.

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?i ... 7v873xaVcDpiPO3uthRRmjkds

PS: Might do a better and more in depth review later but thought it be unfair until I fully explore the system.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:Nice review/thoughts.

About Wordworth 7 (mentioned in the review): Make sure you use the latest update from Aminet, and don't forget to set the tooltype PICASSO=TRUE.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@AmigaNG

Nice review, thanx for sharing.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
WOW! Was I shocked to read in Amiga Future that all the X1000 First Contact
systems have been received by those that got on the list.

Must be a language thing, as I'm still waiting for that second "It's ready"
e-mail.

Ah,well. When I called mid Febuary they said it would be a few more weeks.

Grumble, grumble, grumble.

A1-X1000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Haven't got mine as well, last email said "estimated for 17th of February, we'll contact you when final payment should be made." Still waiting...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Yesterday i have received this message:

The comments for your ticket are as follows:

Thank you for your payment. We will now be packing your X 1000.

FedEx will be delivering the package to:

my name

my address

waiting, waiting...

AmigaONE X1000 First Contact
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Lucky

A1-X1000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
x1000 user here ;)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

BillE wrote:
Quote:

nbache wrote:
This one? http://map.minimig.net/
At least that's the one I'm on.

Yes that's the one.

I'll have to get Wunnell to add to it, as there is only me showing for my area !

That would make 2 X1000 users in the far north of Scotland

All I see on that map is a blue disk over New Zealand with a "7" in it.

If I click on Sam owners, I get a google map location bubble on NX instead of a blue disk with "7." Was isst los?

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 »