Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
133 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 133

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
Failure to register DvPlayer [SOLVED!]
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Has anyone tried to register DvPlayer? How did you do it?

I was stupid enough to try: Went to reg.net and payed with my VISA. Payment shows up on my account. But I receive nothing from reg.net or Stephen Fellner.

I try emailing both reg.net and Stephen: He claims, that he has not received the payment, reg.net sends me a receipt that clearly states, that they have received it. Stephen then claims, that I am supposed to get the registration code/full version (which is true?) directly from reg.net, but on the reg.net site it states, that the *author* is supposed to send it to me withing 48 hours.

This was all back in november 2009, and since then mr. Fellner has stopped answering my emails (maybe I got a little too upset with it at some point and he might have spam-blocked me or smth... But hey, I payed for his product, I should be able to demand some service!) I have tried contacting reg.net several times, but all I get from them is imformation on how to view my receipt online and some outdated contact info on mr. Fellner. (And yes, I tried to call him and got a wrong number).

Has anyone experienced anything similar? If somebody knows Stephen, could you please ask him to contact me and at least *explain* wtf is going on?

Edited by alfkil on 2010/1/9 11:01:22
Go to top
Re: Failure to register DvPlayer
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@alfkil

Nope, everything went smoothly and I got my regged version right away.

Valiant@Camelot
AmigaOne XE, 800Mhz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u7
Sam440ep, 666Mhz, 512Mb, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u6
A1-X1000, 1.8Ghz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1x
A1-X5000/40 2.2Ghz, 2GB, Radeon HD 7700, OS4.1 FE ud 2
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@alfkil

his nickname here is COBRA so you might PM...

no problem for me too but it was back in 2006 !

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@alfkil

Quote:
This was all back in november 2009, and since then mr. Fellner has stopped answering my emails

At this point he moved to the other side of the planet, so he couldn't answer.
I'm sure he will soon.

If I see him online, I'll tell him too.

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@alfkil

Very strange - I registered DVPlayer ca. 4 weeks ago around beginning of december, no problem here. He sent me my registered version via e-mail, all went smooth.

X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alfkil Quote:
Stephen then claims, that I am supposed to get the registration code/full version (which is true?) directly from reg.net, but on the reg.net site it states, that the *author* is supposed to send it to me withing 48 hours.

In my limited experience with reg.net, it is the author who handles the key/code generation, so I find it surprising to hear that Stefan said otherwise.

But maybe it is possible to get reg.net to generate certain kinds of codes/keys? That would save a lot of hassle if possible, but I don't know if it is possible.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
When I registered (in 2005) I got a confirmation e-mail from reg.net showing the order number and the amount I payed and one day later I got an e-mail from Stephen with the same order number and the full version as attachment.

So the info seems to be correct that reg.net handles the payment but the author should deliver the product (after he received the info from reg.net).

Bye,
Thomas

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@alfkil

I know this doesn't help sort out your particular problem to much but I registered DVPlayer a few months back. He (Stephen Fellner) emailed me the full version to my specified email address within a day of registering.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@prowler

Quote:

prowler wrote:
@alfkil

I know this doesn't help sort out your particular problem to much but I registered DVPlayer a few months back. He (Stephen Fellner) emailed me the full version to my specified email address within a day of registering.

Same experience.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@all

Ok, thanks everyone for the responses. I'm glad to hear, that I seem to be the only one with bad luck. I guess Stephen is just busy at the moment or smth...

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@alfkil

Sorry for not getting back to you earlier, I've been away with family during the holidays. Basically Reg.Net really screwed up something for you because others have registered back in November/December without problems. I'm very upset with Reg.Net not notifying me even after you contacted them and I still have not received a notification or registration fee, however I sent you DvPlayer because I understand you must be really upset by now, and I'm going to step on the toes at Reg.Net personally...

Really sorry about the inconvenience...

Go to top
Re: Failure to register DvPlayer [SOLVED!]
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@COBRA

Thanks buddy, I just got your message and I really appreciate it. I'm actually really sorry about complaining about you in public, reg.net is to blame and you did nothing wrong! I was just really upset about my money disappearing...

And sorry to everyone else for confusing matters!

Edited by alfkil on 2010/1/9 10:57:43
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@alfkil

Don't forget to update the subject on your original post with "[solved]" or similar, so people can see at once in the overview list that there is no problem any more.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@alfkil

It is great this has been resolved as Stephen has an excellent reputation and product. Enjoy DvPlayer.

ace

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@alfkil

I understand that you were upset, I would have been too... The way it works is that when someone registers, Reg.Net sends me a notification E-Mail with the details of the person who registered, and I have to send the registered version of the program to the E-Mail address provided. Sometimes it happens that Reg.Net does not send me a notification, and then the buyer complains to them, and then they send me a notification. In your case there was no such notification sent to me when you registered and also no notification was sent to me when you complained to them, which I find unaccaptable service and I have already written them a complaint as well.

Anyway, to further compensate for your troubles, you have been awarded a free registration key for WarpView.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@COBRA

Are you back and settled in Kiwiland yet? I'd like to sort out my version too but I wanted to do it without Reg.net LOL

PM when we can do something!

Thanks

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@nbache

Thx for the reminder :)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Out of interest, what does Registering DvPlayer get you if you got it as part of OS4.1? (aside from supporting a talented Amiga developer of course - I have registered WarpView already )

Also, is the program continuing to be developed? When might a new release be forthcoming? (Any SAM related optimisations forthcoming for example?)

Sold up all my Amiga gear, not only an Amigan via Amiga Forever!
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Slayer

Yes I'm back in NZ and kind of settled :) I've recently become a father as well, so it's been a busy year. Drop me an E-Mail and we'll sort something out, don't use PM on forums as I don't have time to visit the forums very often these days.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@tommo1975

Limitations of the OEM (AOS4CD) version are:

- No AVI support
- No WMV support
- GUI is not skinnable

I'm still working on it, yes. There are a number of new features coming in the next release, and I also have to look into a number of things reported, such as the issue with AVI playback performance on Sam systems. A new version of avcodec.library is very much needed as well, I've already contacted the maintainer of it (Csaba Simon) asking if he could put a new version together based on the latest libavcodec and he started working on it.

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »