Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
113 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 113

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
Thanks for MUI-OWB and MUI update.
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
From this post:

here

I would like to give my comment and at the same time a big thanks you

@Deniil

I have pratically no problems at all with MUI-OWB and MUI in general. The work done by the MUI-OWB team and for MUI are extraordinary. You are all heroes for the amiga community !!!.

about the: a gazillion stupid impossible to find/reproduce/fix MUI related crap bugs. I have never seen one so dangerous that crash the amiga on my SAM untill now.

Thanks for all for the work on MUI-OWB and MUI update. All users are now verry proud to use a modern browser with great GUI on their AOS4 computer.

A1200+Mediator+VooDoo3+060/50+96mo+IIYAMA 17"+CD,CDRW,ZIP SCSI-KIT
SAM440EP on Mapower 3000+AOS4.1

Amiga Docs Disk Preservation Project
Go to top
Re: Thanks for MUI-OWB and MUI update.
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
So you can open the bookmark/history panels without any problems (for example) ?

Here when i try i get only bad crashes, aniway i'm with you at 101% when you say thanks to Denill, i would add kas1e and Thore too as co-author of this port

You guys are the true heroes of our OS4 community !

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hello,

I know, when opened the bookmark at the left side, a DSI came.

I'm opening the bookmark window with the stars icon and no problems that cause a crash.

I have surfed 4.5 hours last monday, tuesday and wednesday and just one amiga freeze (all the time with multi-tabs and complicated site).

I have reported the DSI when downloading .wmv files but now this DSI never arrive. The thing I have done is arranged (size and position) and saved positions for all the MUI windows.

NOTE: I'm not using the swap partition (in fact forgotten to create one the first install of AOS4).

Thanks for the extraordinary work on MUI and MUI-OWB.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Ah-ah thanks for the info

For paradox, the OWB version I had in beta testing since May/June worked very very well with MUI 3.9 WIP, then tons of new functionality added in MUI create new problems that was not fixed in meantime on OWB ...

I already reported most of them on bugtracker so i hope they will fixed soon (in OWB or in MUI doesn't matter) but still, browing the net with MUI OWB is an awesome experience

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Quote:
So you can open the bookmark/history panels without any problems (for example) ?

Ok I tried them and as expected big crash. However with quick links and bookmarks manager window + right-click menu (the latter avaialble for both History and Bookmarks) it is a non-issue for the end user.
Other DSI I got (not very often mind you) were all ignorable (such as the DSI you often get at AmigaNews when you hit "preview" ;) ).
A threaded resolver would be nice though :)

P.S
Of course BIG Thanks to Denill & co. maybe the fact that there weren't as many thank you messages (as you would expect at least) has to do with kas1e threatning everyone (no thank yous!! just bug reports!!!)

SamFlex Complete System + AmigaOS4.1 Update 4
Amiga 2000 GVP GForce-040 Picasso II AmigaOS3.9 BB2
Amiga CD-32
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Mrodfr

Thanks

I have not noticed any more/less crashes with update 3 either. I didn't test the side-bar after update 3 though, maybe something changed there..? There seemed to be a number of bugs about problem after update 3 that wasn't there before. Those will just have to related to MUI and I don't how or why I could or should fix that.. ;)

Webkit can't handle out-of-memory and will probably crash if it runs out of memory. Not much we can do about that. Fab did put in some guards in the worst places but it is written for an OS with swap.

Even with swapping it tends to lock up the machine if it swaps too much. I blame USB for those lockups though.

Software developer for Amiga OS3 and OS4.
Develops for OnyxSoft and the Amiga using E and C and occasionally C++
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@DAX

Yes the skippable DSI on AmigaNews is well know, for more info check the HTML bug list inside your OWB folder

BTW: I believe is a bug of WebKit (August 2010), not a specific OWB one

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Deniil

I would like to thanks you again, this time personally, about your work on the MUI part of MUI-OWB (and because I have seen, when I have read the other thread, that you really need that and this is why I have opened this thread

Without your help, more than 83x MUI-OWB users cant use for the first time MUI-OWB on their AOS4 computer.

I'm verry sorry that this task have pushed yourself too high and you need a big break now. In another hand, IMHO 99% of the job is allready made. I hope you will found, maybe, the motivation to help the amiga community again, on MUI-OWB project. Maybe new thanks posts of this thread will give you a better feeling verry soon

Thanks again for the MUI-OWB team, MUI maintainer for AOS4 and Fab for this joined common force, great developments

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I agree completely. Many thanks to all the persons involved !

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Wish i could test this browser....

X5000
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Definately the best browsing experience I have had in a long time.

To have modern CSS capability with a useable interface and fully featured browser is brilliant.

The only problems I have are that I cannot login to Lloyds TSB online banking or Natwest Online banking, I get a silly error message saying they have had to log me off - even before I have actually managed to log in. The same happened in RA-OWB too.

So I still have to use IB (Netsurf also works) to login to these two banks

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Tried spoofing?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@MickJT

> Tried spoofing?

I assume that was in answer to my login problems ?

Yes I have tried spoofing with all available options with both RA-OWB (many times) and now MUI-OWB too. It makes no difference, I still get "logged off" halfway through the login process.

Any idea where we can report bugs like this to ?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
To Deniil & all coauthors of this port:a really big thank you, and congratulations with the result.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@BillE
I was able to duplicate your problem

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
To everybody that contributed : that's a great job ! I really enjoy surfing modern websites with my Amiga, now. And I can even download. I see no reason to use another browser today. OWB is quite fast and stable. And the download feature works !
Thank you guys, for the efforts, it is very appreciated.

I only see that the input text box cut words in the middle.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I would like to congratulate with the team who produced this really useful software.
Better rendering speed, better font rendering quality and a complete user interface than any other amiga web browser.
What else do we need from a browser?
Well... more rendering speed could be nice, but I seriously doubt that the AMCC 460ex can be squeezed more than this...

Thank you all guys!
I'm finally using my Sam460!!!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
A big thank you (bis) to the developers crew

Aside from the very positive responses, a question remains: is there a support forum , or can one be started up here?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@JosDuchlt
Quote:

a question remains: is there a support forum , or can one be started up here?

There is bug-report area on bugs.os4depot.net, so you can post any suggestions and bugs to it.

As for support-forum, there is nothing, but you always can write directly to author (fab) with questions, or to me / deniil about aos4 version.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

my concerns are about the arexx port. I think i may start here to express them: i don't have fab's mail address right now.

In the docs (also of the morphos 1.9 version) arexx is mentioned a "SaveURL" is mentioned. An arexx port OWB.1 appears. The standard "help" arexx command (for MUI applications) does not work and the SaveUTL neither (not sure about this).

The arexx commands i used with joerg's OWB don't work.

Question: what can one expect ?

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »