Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
100 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 99

mufa, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 4 »
Re: OWB 3.17
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@delshay

opss sorry Joerg..yeah now is working gmail (OWB 3.17) maybe I using wrong pass..

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich

Warp - Croatian Amiga portal
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg Quote:
GMail is working with both versions here, with version 3.17 without any problems, with 3.16 login only worked when using the complete email address as username.

I tried that, without luck. But will try again...

I have "Always use HTTPS" enabled if that makes any difference.

I also noticed (at least with 3.16) that Google does not remember that I use iGoogle.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg
OK, I disabled "Always use HTTPS", and GMail now works!

I also tested GMail manually using HTTPS, and that works too )))

So it is just the forcing HTTP to become HTTPS that stops OWB. I hope you can fix that?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg
Hmmmm, google.co.uk still forgets that I use iGoogle after I quit & restart OWB :( .

Hmmmm, bookmarks also open in the wrong tab (usually the first one), like before.

But otherwise, good job! (touch wood)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79

Seems to be working fine, two rather minor glitches the fav icons seem to be rendered to large here on some sites, my own and the bbc.co.uk are good examples but strangely the one on this site looks correct.

The cursor in gadgets seems to flash even when the gadget / window is not active, this has fooled me a couple of times and I've ended up typing text into another window. Well I'm easily fooled....

Good work Joerg!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Kicko

Thanks for the notes about opening files. I have adjusted my bookmarks to compensate.

---
redfox

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

Thanks for the quick update. OWB 3.17 seems faster than OWB 3.16.

I just noticed that while I am typing this post with OWB 3.17 that the cursor wraps around to the next line in the middle of a word and does not move the whole word to the new line. Some characters are left in the previous line and the word continues in the new line.

I tried the same with OWB 3.16, it also wraps in the middle of the word leaving some characters in the previous line and continuing in the new line.

OWB 3.15 brings the whole word down to the new line as I would have expected.

---
redfox

Edited by redfox on 2009/10/18 22:46:57
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@joerg

thanks, this version is really faster than the 3.15 i have only one problem, i cannot log in to my gmail account.. any ideas ?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
3.17 is working fine here, but it's eating all the RAM in my microA1 in no time, is that normal? It's got 256MB of RAM, and when I start OWB and just open GMail in one tab and amgians.net in another I'm down to about 24MB of free RAM.

Edit: Apparently when it runs out of RAM, I get DSIs as well, instead of "Out of Memory" messages.

Edited by COBRA on 2009/10/19 8:22:21
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@COBRA

I have a grim with OWB 3.17 and www.sasg.com (that can be continued). I have not posted this as a bug, because someone on IRC tested this and had no problems with it.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Beeblebrox
I get a GrimReaper too, so I suggest reporting it.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

thanx joerg. Yahoo mail is working again now even before I filled a bug report!

Another donation is on the way

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I haven't had much time to test 3.17 yet but have noticed:
1. I can once again access my online banking. I had been using version 3.8 whenever I needed to access my accounts.
2. The little box next to the URL is kind of ugly. It seems to show little blobs of colors for some WEB sites but seems pretty useless to me. It doesn't seem like a feature that's not worth the CPU time used to implement it. It looks like it's related to the WebpageIcons.db file which so far just continues to grow. I suppose that if this feature is part of the "main" code and not an Amiga enhancement, then I'll have to live with it.
3. I normally keep my Work: partition locked to prevent accidental changes and I now have to cancel a bunch of "Disk write protected" requesters whenever I start OWB. Could we please have TOOLTYPES to specify the location of the urlhistory.xml, WebpageIcons.db & bookmarks.txt files like we already have for the cookieCollection.db file. Either that or a TOOLTYPE to specify a directory for all the files currently stored in PROGDIR.
4. Someone else reported memory issues and so far v3.17 seems to have leveled off in memory usage at about 100MB more that with v3.15. Normally, v3.15 leveled off memory consumption with about 360MB remaining on my ?A1 wereas v3.17 leaves me with about 270MB on my 512MB UA1.
5. The wordwrap does break in the middle of words but that's not a problem for me. It's just a little annoyance.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I return to the site after two weeks away and I find not one, but two updates to OWB.

I'm using 3.17 now and have so far encountered no problems with it, aside from the Boing ball near the URL turning into a black box on occassion.

Thanks for the update and I look forward to the next one!

Sold up all my Amiga gear, not only an Amigan via Amiga Forever!
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@joerg

I noticed *seroius* memory usage problem using OWB 3.17(memory not freed... on OWB 3.15 doesnt happen...)

PS I dont like the new grey highlight color of "string gadgets" I prefer the cyan...

PPS Why dont refresh favicon only when the new one was loaded(or dont loaded if the site dont have one...), now every time I load a new thread on AW o any oher site the favicon disappear and than reappear(ugly to see)...

Edited by Tuxedo on 2009/10/20 1:01:46
Simone"Tuxedo"Monsignori, Perugia, ITALY.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
about favicons : how do I create one ?

Thanks

Luca

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Ricossa

Quote:

Favicons are .ico files that are part of the web contents. You don't need to create them - unless you of course want to design your own favicons for your own website. The freeware IrfanView, on Windows, can save in the .ico format among others.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Ricossa

Quote:

bmp2ico
png2ico

Go to top