Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
120 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 120

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 »
Amigaworld.net what is going on over there?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Visited Amigaworld for the first time in a while.
What has happened to that forum, it seems like it has descended to be the new moobunny? Quite sad.

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Re: Amigaworld.net what is going on over there?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
It does seem to have a negative theme.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ddni

Yes, it has that kind of feel. I started posting a bit there on topics that I found interesting, but conversations quickly go downhill.

I think part of it's driven by the lack of concrete progress with anything AmigaOS related (all flavours). They're so bored that they seem to be passing the time by trolling each other.

One interesting thing that I noticed years ago, is the different forum "cultures" that seem to have developed. The same person may be polite on one forum, and condescending on another, depending completely on what the dominant behaviour is on that forum.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Amigaworld, sadly, has been taken over by trolls, many of them very hostile towards OS4. The attacks are often mean and personal. There's no use posting there any more, or reading it for that matter.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
This is what you get when a forum is completely unmoderated.

This is just like television, only you can see much further.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Yes seems a shame, used to be a pleasant “any flavour” Amiga forum.
It needs a heavy dose of moderation.

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Hans

Well, this site is on topic, don’t see any point dragging drama over here, Amigaworld is mess already, you can’t stay on topic, or if you do it loopback to the start, its pointless place. Anyhow only thing worth doing there trying to debunk some of the conspiracy theories. Let the site implode.

Anyhow every debate that has been debated has been debated, every subject twitched and turned, there a lot left, its in now old married couple phase, everyone has grown tired of each other.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@trixie

Yeh, this site has grown, thanks to the impossible nature of Amigaworld, can’t say that’s a bad thing.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Until AW.net will exists, Amigans will be a safe piace.
So ..long live to AW.net

Memento audere semper!
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@trixie

Totally agree.In fact in many times,they trying to bore me and seems pathetic to post there.And the threads never positive,always trolling and making fun of the absurd.There is one membre that I have on my point blank.Never to mention here.Absurd.

That's why I am here now without doubt the best Amiga forum that is here.

But AmigaWorld is on my heart since 2006...Now no on 2022.

Hope a new ray can illuminate them again...and again

Seems that Trevor doesn't care about this much while he's attending Amiga conferences like Amiga 37 in Germany.

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
IMHO, it is chaos of the worst kind. No one is in charge and there is no moderation. There is a bored group of people trolling each other and spamming every thread with nonsense.

Very discouraging for members who actually care about polite discussion.

---
redfox

Edited by redfox on 2022/11/13 23:18:56
Edited by redfox on 2022/11/14 1:31:30
Edited by redfox on 2022/11/14 1:58:46
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@MamePPCA1

Quote:
Seems that Trevor doesn't care about this much while he's attending Amiga conferences like Amiga 37 in Germany.

Trevor is an enthusiast, a great supporter, and provides the necessary social glue in the community. But don't expect him to stand up and manage things - that's not what he does. I believe that he actually hates the day-to-day management chores, that's why he has other people to do them.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I have tried, several times, to get in contact with an aw.net moderator, since I would like to help with moderation and furhter development of the site. But if I ever get a reply from any one, it's always the same, that the person is no longer doing any moderation. Sad really, since the site was really good, but as many of you have stated, it has been taken over by trolls..

Alien Air Attack

SAM440@733 mhz as main amiga.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@trixie

Quote:
There's no use posting there any more, or reading it for that matter.

The 'reading' part is not entirely true. There's an occasional worthwhile posting (like Robert Bernardo's Amiwest videos), so I do find myself checking in from time to time, just in case.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@msteed

Quote:
There's an occasional worthwhile posting (like Robert Bernardo's Amiwest videos)

Yes, but instead of searching for the occasional gem among the chaff, I prefer to read amiga-news.de - their coverage of all things Amiga is wonderful.

The Rear Window blog

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Have the same feeling. Amigas should be fun as it used to be in work. (30+ years ago;) There is this "friend" who complains on that forum. No place where no comment.. Should get a dayjob.

Fun like having tens of Amigas and about 10 year old two girls and we play some classics and draw with DPIV.

Somebody have an idea what to do with the A1XE as it's collecting dust?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Is this because of the MEGA postings?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@PR1
Quote:

Somebody have an idea what to do with the A1XE as it's collecting dust?

Sending it to me so i will have another os4 machine for tests ?:)

@hypex
Quote:

Is this because of the MEGA postings?

That's because of everything. And because they have yet to ban all of the trolls with all of the accounts they own, and because they allow people to create bogus polls, and because they allow people to discuss dogs, cars, cats, moms, religion, politics, and whatever else may offend one or another group, and because they allow topics that are clearly not in any way sane to be shown on the front page, and because there is nothing new on the forum, and because the news does not appear when you post news items for a very long period.

It has the potential to be a good place again, but it will take 2-3 moderators wielding hammers to ban trolls, then cleaning up a forum from gazillions of unrelated Amiga topics, updating the forum engine and related parts, and making registration not be so simple that any bot can create an account and start spamming, i.e., it will require the normal care of someone.

Aw.net is now Aeon's property, and they will most likely need to pay the moderator/site-handler worker from Amiga Camp who is willing to do so because the volunteers appear to be tired.

As it stands, amigaworld.net is not a unified amiga forum for all amiga flavors anymore, which you should make clear to anyone interested in joining. Instead, when it comes to OS 4, we have amigans.net, which you shouldn't be shy to show to anyone and which welcomes any interested amigaOS NG users today and is the only place where you can get all the help you need.

Edited by kas1e on 2022/11/14 12:12:04
Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ddni

been like that for a while sadly especially sad because A-Eon and Amigakit own the site go figure

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@328gts Quote:
been like that for a while sadly especially sad because A-Eon and Amigakit own the site go figure

Are you sure?!? I thought they owned Amiga.org not AmigaWorld:
http://www.amiga.org/

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 3 »