Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
129 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 127

Capehill, Maijestro, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

AAA News
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi! all I just thought I'd share this with I received this offer this morning.

It concerns early adopters!
After a prolonged period of anticipation, we are thrilled to announce that
the Amiga A1222 project has come to fruition ! We are reaching out to our
Early Adopter customers with an exclusive offer for the A1222 Plus
motherboard. This offer includes a full digital AmigaOS 4.1 license, the
latest Enhancer v2.2 update from A-EON Technology, and a complete system
recovery USB stick.

To recap, the A1222 Plus motherboard boasts the following features:

⦁ P1022 1.2GHz Dual Core processor (utilizing one core under OS4 and both
cores under Linux)
⦁ SoDDR3 1600MHz memory slot (supporting a maximum of 8GB)
⦁ MicroSD card slot for UBoot software MicroSD card
⦁ PCI Express x16 slot for Radeon RX5xx gfx card
⦁ DVI port video output (not recommended for OS4)
⦁ Gigabit Ethernet LAN port (X2)
⦁ Audio output port
⦁ Serial output port (for debugging)
⦁ Two USB2 ports on the backpanel
⦁ Two internal USB2 on motherboard

The standard end customer price is 1,199.00 euros, but as an Early Adopter
customer, we are pleased to offer it to you at the special price of 1 089,00
euros which includes Luxembourg VAT. For customers residing outside of
Europe or VAT-registered companies the price is reduced to 938,79 euros !
N.B. : Shipping costs and Paypal costs are NOT included in this price !

Go to top
Re: AAA News
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
..So finally is born a new Amiga, welcome to this cruel world little A1222!

Memento audere semper!
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Finally ...

Go to top
Re: Amiga 1222 Release Imminent (?), some (but not all) get heads up
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Since you don't reveal any kind of source here, the credibility is hard to assess. Are you saying that you are an Amiga 1222 "early adopter", and that you somehow have received an e-mail from AmigaKit and/or A-EON and/or some other party?

If that's the case, then I'm sure quite a few other "early adopters" are asking themselves why they haven't been given any information at all.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi! it was sent by Laurent Amedia computers thanks

Go to top
Re: Amiga 1222 Release Imminent (?), some (but not all) get heads up
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@FirstNinja
Hi! Originally I was a first adopter but was informed that I wasn't so I bought a x5000 instead really happy with it just thought I'd share the info its credible.
cheers.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Wait, it's again some "give us money, soon there will be board" ? Or i am read it wrong ?:)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Well, as I read it, it is just the motherboard...

I would have suspected that an Early Adopter customer will get the A1222+ with case etc. for 999 Euro. That would have been a slightly tempting offer...

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition / MorphOS 3.17
Amiga1200 / Blizzard 1230 IV PiStorm32-lite / AmigaOS 3.9
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Primax

Quote:
That would have been a slightly tempting offer...

Also consider that the Early Adopter customers have already invested 100 pounds (not euros) in the project (in return for the pretty useless AAA shoebox)...

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@trixie

"Pretty useless shoebox" ?

That includes a full licence for the Enhancer Software V2 which is worth that price alone, along with all the other software and peripehrals included...

Perhaps its worth researching before posting..

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Quote:
That includes a full licence for the Enhancer Software V2

Which is useless if you are forced to give up motherboard, which has become more expensive three times.

I was very disappointed with A1222's prices, bad luck but now I find the whole situation offensive.

CD32/A500/A600/A600+Furia/A1200/A4000D+A2320+PiccoloSD64/Sam440 flex 800MHz RAM 1GB HD7750 128MB OS4.1 SBLive! ->
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@amigakit

Quote:
That includes a full licence for the Enhancer Software V2 which is worth that price alone

But the AAA shoebox didn't contain anything Enhancer related, it was a conditional purchase. In order to actually receive the ES licence the Early Adopter customer has to buy the board. So technically, the AAA shoebox didn't contain the ES licence for customers who decide to decline the offer. I find myself in this category, hence the "pretty useless" comment - sorry if it sounded too harsh. I agree that people who do buy the board will find the shoebox well worth paying for.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@trixie

Curious, was the price for the board mentioned back then in the actual sale, meaning they offered a price range it could be?

I know the price of $600 was floated around, or at least that is what my mind remembers.

Just curious if this shoe box sale included any prices on what the board would be in the end.

TJ

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@AmigaSociety

I remember that when the Early Adopter programme was announced, the estimated price was in the ballpark of 400 EUR for the bare board. So paying 100 GBP up front (in return for the shoebox and the promise of a cheap board + Enhancer) was a no-brainer at the time.

The Rear Window blog

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@trixie

Yeh, was just curious if the sale for that bit of kit stated that 400euro or not, or was the rumor of the estimated price.

I too feel it is way overpriced, unfortunately, so don't see tons of these selling.

My train of thought is sell the 1st batches at a cheaper price to get the ball rolling, and make a notice that prices will go up, so jump in now to save some $$, as later date the price may rise, kind of approach.

I guess in the end they seem similar prices as the aCube boards? Maybe they sense that is the price they can sell for but no idea how many aCube boards have sold and now so many years late, they could have done better with a lower starting price point to get folks excited.

Right now I don't see that excitements but who am I, just a old dude that plays here every now and then.

TJ

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
Back then when the early adopter was announced (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axrgedh2lrg) was a pre-covid era and I understand why right now the cost is so high, after the inflation on parts. The 400€ price was for the early adopters and I think the rest (after the 100 first sales) would be around 550€ if I recall correct.

And I am sure ACube that worked on the new board did everything they could to have it cheaper for us.

Now, does it make sense in this price tag? Comparing to the 400€ that was announced back in 2019, no it doesn't. It's difficult to justify that the same hardware with the same specs costs more than double. And its purpose was to be the entry point system, but not any more. It's still half the price of the X5000 though, and it's new hardware available for everyone to go and buy it.

We have to be happy that we have new hardware available, either if it's a Sam, A1222 or X5000. I still remember the years when no hardware was available to buy.

So, if you are eager to join the OS4 community with new computers, and you have the money, then I would say A1222 is a fine computer, with its limitations. If you are concerned about the SPE CPU, then look for a Sam460, and if you need all the power you can get, head for the X5000.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@walkero

I guess in time we shall see who reports here and also make YouTube videos showing off the production run of the A1222.

That needs to happen to get folks excited I would think.

People need to see end-users enjoying these boxes.

TJ

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I received a quote of just the motherboard at roughly $1000, then paused and decided it’s better to first see actual owners who have received the board before sending in my order because of the really poor history around this board.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@AmigaSociety

I'll post here when my system arrives.

Last I heard from them (AAA) was on the 8th of November. At that time, almost all boards were tested at the manufacturer and they expected to receive them this month. Hopefully they'll get boards and systems shipped out in December.

No YouTube video from me, but I'll write a review for my blog.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
If someone else wonders about the status of their order, I received an e-mail a few days ago saying that they're "finalizing the last details on the produced boards". I assume they've received them now and are doing some testing before assembling systems.

Go to top

Register To Post