Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
124 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 124

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
Scaling many pictures
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Is there a program/script that can scale many pictures to a certain size? Which also keeps the aspect correct? Sometimes i help a friend resize many scanned pictures. And using gimp it takes a lot of time. Would help a lot if i could just use a program and choose all files in the drawer and just wait while they had been resized to whatever size i wanted.

X5000
Go to top
Re: Scaling many pictures
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ Antique

If you like to use Gimp for this, I can send you a port of the plug-in "David's Batch Processor", see here:

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~hodsond/dbp.html

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@cygnised

Doesn't matter what i use as long as it works the way i want.

What does it mean with indexed pictures? And why not able to write over the original file?

I can test it if you want me to.

Quote:

Note that DBP is intended for RGB, not indexed images. Trying to process an indexed image will probably just cause an error, and DBP will halt. Also, DBP will not overwrite the original image (in fact, it should not overwrite any file) - images must at least be either renamed (possibly by changing the image format) or moved to a different directory.

X5000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Antique

If you have AdPro you can do this with their batch processor "FRED".
Through AREXX it even asks you about width, height, pixel aspect, percent scales, lock aspect, etc. prior to the batch processing.
Easy to select an entire directory to operate on.

Only issue with older s/w like this would be in any format (current) not recognized by the loaders.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I'd use netpbm (pnmscale).

Quote:
indexed pictures

Same as 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 and 8 bit images with a palette.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information

- Kimmo
--------------------------PowerPC-Advantage------------------------
"PowerPC Operating Systems can use a microkernel architecture with all it�s advantages yet without the cost of slow context switches." - N. Blachford
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ Antique

Quote:
What does it mean with indexed pictures?

as Thematic said

Quote:
And why not able to write over the original file?

It's never a good idea to overwrite the original file, especially if you make batch processing.

Quote:
I can test it if you want me to.

You go a PM!

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Yip

I was going to suggest ADPro too but not with FRED but with ProControl many a batch file run I would do with this back in the day...

Usually images created by Imagine and compiled into an animation was on the cards. Everything including the individual load, save, operate modules were configurable...

I still use ADPro over anything for my graphic manipulation... bugger the file formats like PNG etc

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Slayer
As I recall, the ancient (but brilliant) commercial program ImageStudio should be able to do what you want, and in fact a lot more. It's mostly driven by ARexx scripts, which means they give the appearance of being part of the program (using it's own requesters, etc).

I wrote (well modified) an ARexx script to (optionally) convert a folder of images to a particular file format, depth & dithering while cropping it & renaming the file extension.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
If you want thumbnail images upto 300x300 then use Thumb by Thomas Rapp which allows you to save thumbnails or index pages.

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi Slayer,

That ProControl you're talking about...
Seems very interesting to me! Any ideas where it can be found?

johan

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@johan

procontrol does not play well with gfx card screens due to the way it's designed.

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I use the jpegtools (I think they're called) and a button in DOpus to do batch scaling and rotation of multiple camera pics.

Of course you could also create a script too using jpegconv or what it was called.

Note: If you have a shitload of images in different directories I recommend using onyxsoft.se:MultiRen to generate the script. Just load all images and export the list as text and choose the advanced export method. Then you can add the tool and parameters and input and output filenames. Even multiple lines for each file if you also need to delete or do some other processing too!

Then save as a file and execute in a shell

Software developer for Amiga OS3 and OS4.
Develops for OnyxSoft and the Amiga using E and C and occasionally C++
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
ImageFX is always an option. Macro recording etc is avauilable as well as batch processing modes.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all

Many more ptions availabel than i ever thought.

@cygnused
It worked nicely,except one thing. It stops with an error message when norwegian specific letters. Like æøå. Can this be fixed?

X5000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Antique
I would definitely use iBatch, it is the easiest way to go, as iBatch was especially designed for such purposes. It has been rated as "must have" for digital image processing by AmigaFuture. These features will help you:

- resize selected/all images of a given dir (keep aspect ratio).
- rename/renumber those images. Use scanning date for renaming etc...
- add EXIF header to every image (especially an embedded preview thumbnail can be added for every image). EXIF headers are used for e.g. fast thumbnailpreview etc. by LoView and other programs. Thumbs from Thomas Rupprat does not support EXIF Headers (which is sad...).

Please download Version 1.3 from iBatch website or Aminet. The one from OS4Depot is absolutely outdated. At the moment OS4 Depot is not updated from iBatch side (which will change in the near future).

If you are interested, you can also use V 1.4 which is not published yet, but a stable release candidate. Use iBatch supportmail (ibatch@web.de) in order to contact me !

regards Gero

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@gerograph

I can't use ibatch since the pictures i had are in .tif format. Will you add this aswell?

X5000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@antique
loading in tif format already works... (sort of). Saving in tif format is not supported yet, and probably won't be supported in the near future.
If loading in tif format is a solution for you I can implement it properly. Just tell me... and give me a timeframe.

For now (in Version 1.3) you have to change filextension from your inputimages into a supported format (e.g. testimage.tif -> testimage.bmp). Use e.g. renplacer for this.

*iBatch thinks it is a bmp format even if it is a tif image...

regards Gero

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »