Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
91 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 90

BillE, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 4 ... 7 »
One more bounty to loan HW for amiga developer
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Some of you may know BSZili from aros/morphos worlds, where in last years he do a lot of interesting game ports:
http://bszili.morphos.me/

Now, it's time to show that all who ask for new games and games ports, will show their real interest, and not only talk about.

BSZili ports is never pure ./configure ; make, but rewriting, adaptation, speed up and bug fixing. The same, as
for example do Huno in his ports. So, its hard work and final results always worth of worry.

The titles which he port on aros are pretty interesting to have on aos4 as well, just few of them:

Duke3dw
Alien vs Rredator
DarkPlaces
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Yamagi Quake II
Mupen64plus
Speed Dreams
TORCS
Star Trek Voyager

And much more in pipeline, just check his homepage.

Of course, in our current state of 3D when we have only warp3d and minigl, no ports of games with shaders possible
(like Doom3 and co), but most of them which i describe there is more than possible.

So, for make it all avail on os4 , and to have one more decent programmer who in interest to bring us more games
and other stuff, we need to loan a machine to him and after discussion we got the better choice of perfomance:price
is Pegasos2, for which we need to collect 500E.

Now, all of you who in interest to contribute we have 2 ways:

1). First way are boring, slow and for years: making a bounty on almost die amigabounty.net. What mean suggest it, wait dunno how long, wait another dunno how long, and then again wait wait wait.

2). Second way are easy, where i for myself can deal with everything. Persons who want to donate, just send on my paypal their donation, and write in that topic how much they send (so , no one will think he robbed, and everything will be visibly right here, how much we collect, and how much need it still). Then, once i will have 500E on my paypal, i will just buy peg2 for BSzili and send it to him. Of course, i will write in that topic there how much it was cost, and if there will be left one single peny, i will write how much and we can resend it to another developer(s).

To be honest second way will be faster and better, as you all know me, and know what and how i do. I for myself will donate first 50$, if, of course, another 450E will be filled by you all (there is also PayPal fees, which i also cover myself).

Some of you may say that there was something somewhere why didn't loan that or blablab, but its all time and slow. While i will do everything fast and without busy waiting.

So, what you all think ?

EDIT: After short discussion it seems ppls doesn't mind, so, donate on:

kas1e@yandex.ru

And post summ you donate in that topic, so everyone will know how much we still need. Target is 500E, list of donors:

kas1e : 50$
Lloyd Blommaer: 10$
William Borsari: 20$
Thomas Kölsch: 100$
Timo Sievänen: 12$
John Scolieri: 20$
SMF - 22 $
Frederik Yssing - 15$

Johan Wahlstrom: 50E
Joel Edberg: 25E
Tsolm: 10E
Thomas Blatt: 20E
Skuggan: 101E
Tony Aksnes - 102E
Markku Heikkinen - 39E
-----

summ: 249$ (182E) + 347E = 529E

!! DONE !!

We also need to buy OS4.1 for PEG2, which is 130E from amikit: http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/c ... ducts_id=862¤cy=EUR

After transfer to peg2 and pp fees, we have 20E left, so we need 110E more.

terminils - 15e
freddy omholt - 110e

!!DONE!!

Edited by kas1e on 2013/10/22 14:18:23
Edited by kas1e on 2013/10/23 6:06:02
Edited by kas1e on 2013/10/23 6:55:18
Edited by kas1e on 2013/10/23 10:38:00
Edited by kas1e on 2013/10/23 12:33:17
Edited by kas1e on 2013/10/23 12:37:03
Edited by kas1e on 2013/10/24 6:21:42
Edited by kas1e on 2013/10/26 13:40:28
Edited by kas1e on 2013/10/26 15:52:22
Edited by kas1e on 2013/10/26 17:20:52
Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Re: One more bounty to loan HW for amiga developer
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Is option #2 legal? Sure, it's not a huge amount of money.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Thematic
Quote:

Is option #2 legal?

Of course its illegal. 100 years in jail for :) How it can be illegal man ? :) Its just i will collect 500e and buy HW for bszili , what illegal there can be ? With who ? Because of what ? Of course we can go another way: amigabounty (if it still works). Then, its all will take year or how much dunno.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Sounds like a plan.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Thematic

Why wouldn't it be legal? So long as he complies with tax laws and such where he lives, he should be fine. If I did this in USA, the money I receive would most likely be considered income of some form, and I would have to pay personal income tax on it, and I'd have to file as a self-employed business to get an expense deduction on the professional fees I'd be paying out. I don't know where he is or what tax or income laws there look like.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all
Don't worry about legal/illegal, i will sort everything. Just choice what way is better, and let's do it. The faster we will collect it, the faster i can buy hw and send to bszili.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Thematic

:D illeagal, well it would be in finland...

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

my small contribute will come
im a poor guy with family but i will try to do something like my usual for the amiga commuity.... put me in 8)

I will try to involve the 350 user of AmigaOs FB
and the Amiga Os G+ mods

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@utri007

who cares if it is legal or not? I certainly don't.
I'll try to help with a couple of euros at beginning of next month.

X5000
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I will donate some money when the '' bounty '' starts

Amiga600/Vampire2/PrismaMegaMix​/32GB CF Card/2x Rys Mk2/A604n/IndivisionECS/Gotek
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
I totally agree and I will donate too on this. There are many times that I caught myself wishing that his ports would be available for AmigaOS 4, although that I have a MorphOS system here.

Did you find an available Peg2 to buy with these money? Should we wait for Gallium 3D, so that he won't port games and then, when Gallium is released, do changes on ports?

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e
I will donate whats your paypal?

AmigaOne X5000
Radeon HD 7700
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Two questions:
- why can't we donate to him directly? I see a donate button on his page
- the guy does porting for MOS and AROS so does he want to do porting on OS4 too?

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Elwood
Quote:

- why can't we donate to him directly? I see a donate button on his page

You can, do it ! :) Just its not him who so much want do stuff for os4, but we. So, we should buy HW and send it. Not just give money and let's he be on his own, and worrying where to find that peg2 , and so on. I.e. we just need to give him ready to use machine with words "here is, do plz some of your work for os4 as well".

Quote:

- the guy does porting for MOS and AROS so does he want to do porting on OS4 too?

Yep, he want. He already says so in another thread (about duke3dw porting). As well as he works with us on dopus5, and help us to fix os4 related bugs as well, so he not blind fanboy if you want to ask about :)

@all

So, we just will send all on my acc, and then i will buy hw and send it to BSzili, right ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Yep, yours is the best and faster solution to get somethings real in a decent timeline, hope you can do the same also for MUI OWB .. so finally let's forget completely the deadend Amigabounty site ..

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Great idea! I'm interested too.

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Thread

Ofcourse option 2 isn't "illegal" and ofcourse kas1e doesn't intend to steal the money or anything, but it's not sensible.

Going through amigabounty deals with all the problems, such as having a proper bounty description, having a mechasim to return monies if the bounty isn't met (ie not enough donataions) etc etc

With the best will in the world, doing through an individual is full of potential problems, and amiga bounty has worked very well in the past.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Andy
Just amigabounty dead now. I.e. site is up, but no one rule on it. What mean, that if anyone will do anything over it, it will lead to long, long, very long waiting. Starting from pure "assingn" the bounty (it will take months to just do such a simple, 1 seconds stuff), and ends up with buy and send HW, which no one from amigabounty team will do now because they all busy, as well, as if they will say they will, it still will take months, and even maybe year.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@broadblues

Of course what you say is true and the reason why amigabounty site was formed but Roman is not a new member of our community that no one knows and trusts so I have no problem trusting him to deliver yet again for us.

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@broadblues

Quote:
ofcourse kas1e doesn't intend to steal the money or anything

Of course not! Kas1e's has a big reputation in the community, and he would never do such a thing.

But such private efforts, unfortunately, bring about a certain danger. Imagine, for example, a person - any person, this is just an example - who initiates a similar bounty: "we need hardware for a talented developer". The money is collected, the initiator buys the hardware, which then goes to the developer, the games are ported etc., everyone is happy. But then it turns out that the initiator has actually sold his/her own hardware (Pegasos, Sam, whatever), for which he/she collected the bounty money to help him/her get a new board. That would be a pretty indecent thing to do.

What I'm trying to say is that kas1e's well-meant initiative can actually establish a control-less bounty model which can later be misused by a dishonest person to do a thing like described above. Therefore, I'd suggest we stick with AmigaBounty, which is centrally managed and where possible private interests are eliminated because the bounty initiator cannot influence how and where the money is spent.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 3 4 ... 7 »