Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
100 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 100

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
Featured Donations [Please Read]
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Hmm, QT is finished, isn't it?

Wasn't there a certain "rule" to have the featured donation change in a monthly manner?

I would only pick some from the Assigned pile.

Me personally would like to see AVCodec.library updated, but of course all the others qualify in the same manner.

Why not switch through these after each month?

Happy 30th January

Edited by Mikey_C on 2012/1/30 17:27:52
People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Re: Featured Donations
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Yes, the Qt bounty is "done" (on the grounds that I promised to make updates to it as soon as stuff like Gallium becomes available). So the featured donations should be changed.

Go to top
Re: Featured Donations
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Well, The Monthly Featured Donations thing died a death because people lost interest in it.

Apologies for the QT Donations thing I will ask the web masters to remove it.

EDIT:

I would welcome any feeback as to what it should be replaced with.

Alternatively - Should we bring back the monthly featured donations again? even if instead of being monthly, say bi-monthly or quarterly. In these austure times, is there the appetite for donations?

Thoughts welcome please

Mikey C

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it.
Go to top
Re: Featured Donations [Please Read]
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Diego Cassoran currently have a machine from Amigabounty on loan. He need his own OS4 capable HW so please support his bounty to help him afford it (and free the loaner machine for other another developer).
It would be good to see the avcodec.library featured instead of Qt, asap.

Bounty site for AmigaOS4! www.amigabounty.net
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Uuh a mod took over my thread...that tickles

@Troels
@Mikey_C

If i could, i would vote for one of the FD's being "Developer Machines to loan" and fixed (no change at all, just let it stay there, dev machines are most important i'd say)
Also, Troels, it would be nice if the candidates for a dev machine could be listed somewhere with a little breakdown on what they plan to do with it...you know? A little self-advertising doesn't hurt

And i would be happy with a quarterly or even half-year change of the other.

Too bad amigans don't get as much attention as aw.
Monetary times are also hard so i don't think a monthly change would do any good anyway, people (like me) need to think some months about giving away hard earned money

Anyway, i think it is a great idea to have a shortcut through FD's only i would place it better, lets say between "Sections" and "Who's Online".
The top right space is easily missed

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all

Also Alexandre needs some support on wxwidgets - maybe he can give some status update?

afxgroup's Gnash is on hold iirc - there are some problems with the original source code which he ported it from, if that is still the case?

The JIT for UAE i don't know anything about, some update would be neat?

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
What about making a poll about the featured donation ? (Oh no another poll.... )

- people would be kept uptodate about ongoing projects...
- even people who donnot want to donate, could somehow participate (Sure, the donators should decide whicht project is important, on the other hand we could judge wether donators opion is d'accor with every ones elses opinion)

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Gents, given the number of replies to this thread, I am not optimistic that any further donations request would be successful. Sadly

Mikey C

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Mikey_C

I think you're wrong. Important and promising projects should be promoted more often and more vigorously, to encourage people's donations. I've noticed myself behaving like that:

- when there's a cool, important bounty project announced, I always make a donation of 20-50 EUR;
- if a project update is announced and some visible progress is shown, I usually donate again, albeit a smaller sum;
- if the project remains silent, I tend to forget all about it and donate nothing.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all
If QT bounty are done, and no more money accept to, maybe we can replace it on the dopus magellan bounty ? It was establisheed today, and we need to raise 5600USD (currently 3900, as 1700 are in already), and as it will give us sources which can be ported to all the amiga and alike oses (i in interst to tryint to port it to os4 when time will come), maybe it will worth to put it here ?

There is a link And image can be used just one that:

[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTN5BnoJLhCD5NWG-TEVU3qdMu_voI38DFHvX_6TouND5IlI4Jj1LqIGxuQ[/img]

Just of course changed on the right text, and removing "9",etc.

Edited by kas1e on 2012/2/1 12:39:53
Edited by kas1e on 2012/3/18 15:18:44
Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all + admins
If there is no interst about helping to collect bounty for dopus5, what about let's say, promote Andy's SketchBlock ? One of the perspective, native, logical, fast and 100% necessary native os4 app. That of course not bounty, but donations, but that does not matter much in end, as the result is to bring more motivation to author.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Not porting dopus would be a huge misstake. It's one of the best apps ever for 68k. I can't live without it on my classic.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@spotUP
+1

While i never like PayPal i recently make an account
only to be able to donate to dopus and other stuff.
Will find it good when the FD will updated and changed
frequently. More publicity for people like me who have
an terrible memory and forget about things :)

Greetz
Thomas K.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Isn't it a question of promoting what we can when we can? There's no real cost associated here and it benefits us all. Those with lack of interest can always go jump in a lake. Or just, you know, ignore it.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@trezzer

Thanks, it's still too cold for the lake atm, so I'll choose to ignore any bounty for Magellan. The SketchBlock bounty is a good idea, although I already donated some bucks to Andy - nevertheless it would be nice to have this project under the AmigaBounty banner as well.

X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I'd like to nominate Cinnamon Writer for a spot on the "featured donations" roster. We just got another update; it's donationware; and, a good docx-compatible word processor is well worth having.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

Raziel wrote:

Also Alexandre needs some support on wxwidgets - maybe he can give some status update?

I didn't work ion wxwidgets for a while now. My A1XE breakage really give a halt to this project (which was on track back then), after that real-life took over and each time I tried to resume something else came to prevent me to go much deeper.
The good news is that I hold out all my compiling sources to billt just over a month or two ago. He didn't contacted me again yet about it, but if he's motivated enough.

I'm sad to say that for multiple reasons, the first is because I'm confessing a failure (and a failure is never easy to take, at least not for me), the second, and maybe the one that has more importance for me, is that I feel guilty toward each of you that donated to this bounty because due to my failure I have the feeling to have cheated you, or even worst to have ripped your money. Please be sure I'm sorry about that, but be assured that in the future I'll stay away of any bounty as in the Amiga I'm looking for the fun, not the money, and apparently money can't motivate me more than I would be with a fun project.

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

abalaban wrote:
Quote:

Raziel wrote:

I didn't work ion wxwidgets for a while now. My A1XE breakage really give a halt to this project (which was on track back then), after that real-life took over and each time I tried to resume something else came to prevent me to go much deeper.
The good news is that I hold out all my compiling sources to billt just over a month or two ago. He didn't contacted me again yet about it, but if he's motivated enough.

I'm sorry to hear this, but I thought that it might happen after you mentioned your lack of experience with AmigaOS' GUI system and had trouble finding people to help out. Still, the work that you have done can be built on by others.

Quote:
I'm sad to say that for multiple reasons, the first is because I'm confessing a failure (and a failure is never easy to take, at least not for me), the second, and maybe the one that has more importance for me, is that I feel guilty toward each of you that donated to this bounty because due to my failure I have the feeling to have cheated you, or even worst to have ripped your money. Please be sure I'm sorry about that, but be assured that in the future I'll stay away of any bounty as in the Amiga I'm looking for the fun, not the money, and apparently money can't motivate me more than I would be with a fun project.

Don't feel bad about the donated money. I donated and don't feel ripped off at all. It's not like you ran off with it. Plus, the work that you have done can be built on. The money is still there in the bounty, ready for whoever decides to pick up from where you left off. It may still help get the port finished; we just need someone with the right skill-set to volunteer.

I wish you all the best with whatever you make your next project.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:

Hans wrote:
I'd like to nominate Cinnamon Writer for a spot on the "featured donations" roster.

IMHO Cinnamon Writer is an important project that is well worth supporting through donations. The program has so far materialized quite well; the author seems to be dedicated and never demanded money in exchange for a pipe-dream. He does deliver.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@abalaban

What you think about putting what you have at some svn/google page, so anyone can try to finish what you start (money can be easyly splitted beetwen other bounties, or kind of ?). Because if you send it to another coder, it also can stack in his hands for a while, while when it opensourced, everyone can contribute.

And imho we need also now cleary point out in the bounty, something like "bounty can be reassigned again, the part of code which done by previous author can be found here". Then money can stay in the bounty (some part of them of course should be send to you , to be fair, as you already do half of work as i understand ?), and new coder who will take a risk to finish work, will get a bonus :)

What you think about ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »