Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
91 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 91

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3)
Re: Has the Fat lady Sang for you?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Mikey_C

Good idea to have a few beers or whatever You like and
continue with our hobbie. This is my life partially anyway. The silence becomes from not too many news atm. We're still here.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Mikey_C

You might just have a touch of UK SAD.

http://www.sada.org.uk/whatis.htm

I suggest taking the fat lady out for a few beers, a greasy lamb donna and then for some karoke!

A1XE, A1200T, X1000, X5020, CDTV, CD32 , A500+ A500
OS4.1b / OS3.2b
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Jurassicc

I'm still looking for that fat lady. I don't see any here. No, no, no, not her; she's not fat, just well rounded.

Hans

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Mikey_C

Quote:

Mikey_C wrote:
And I don't just mean the lack of traffic on this site, it seems to be widespread throughout the Amiga Community.

Regardless, if Hyperion lose, then This site will close eventually, with Amiga inc getting their hands on AOS4, we are all dead in the water.

Am I wrong? Feedback welcome.

Your right about that, we've had a drop of aprox. 300 daily readers (amigaweb) but then again, our site was down due to domain issues, and we've become a lazy and loosing interest.. The loss of interest can easily be blamed on Amiga inc...

1) The Court Case
2) The Lies
3) The Miss Management
4) The Apparent Scam ( ACK, OS5(?)
5) A inc not doing anything for the community except harm it. ( Eg. Not giving the proper companies the proper licenses, not even knowing its "own" community and the people who reside in it. )
6) Ainc making us the laughing stock of the entire IT biz, ( Amiga said at ces to theregister that AA2 is an OS and _IS OS5_ the faq saying its not an os... and doesnt evne resemble it)

But then again there are things happening, take the Minimig, the natami, and take it as a clear sign that if the company cant do it, the users will.

But i hear yah, sometimes i just want to pack my bag and jump on my bike and paddle off the cliff in my canoe.

This and Amiga.org is still my favorite forum site tho.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I simply don't understand how this, or any other court case affects US: The Amiga community... I'm confident that the lack of developers and modern SOFTWARE is what's really killing the platform, not a court case. And anyhow, if the whole community depends on just ONE sw developing team, (that would be "Hyperion" in our case) we are screwed anyway. No matter if the win or lose.
From the hardware side of things, ok, it's almost impossible to get a OS4 capable machine, but everyone has his Amiga or Amiganoid. Be it a classic Amiga, an A1, a Peg, minimig or a UAE box.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Amigamancer

Well hyperion has hardware made already (thats my 2 cent atleast) but if they dare to release it is a totally different matter. Amiga inc is just making excuses for itself, i mean hello!? if the whole ack deal is now hung up to dry because they dont have the source code for the os, says to me that they dont dare to bet that their right about this whole case. I mean, its quite friggin obvious to anyone that's ever used a computer that if you have the source, you can port the damned thing to any hardware you damned well please.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi @AmiKit

@Hans

Quote:
To make it easy, buy Hollywood and Hollywood Designer and try using that to create something interactive.

I am saving money for this. Btw. don't you know where can I download some projects created by Hollywood? I still cannot fully imagine what is this program capable of.

I use PEBs Hollywood programs a lot from OS4depot:
DataDisplay, PictureWidget, and PNG_IconEditor
are a few my favorites! Great programs...

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Amigamancer

Quote:

Amigamancer wrote:
I simply don't understand how this, or any other court case affects US: The Amiga community... I'm confident that the lack of developers and modern SOFTWARE is what's really killing the platform, not a court case. And anyhow, if the whole community depends on just ONE sw developing team, (that would be "Hyperion" in our case) we are screwed anyway. No matter if the win or lose.

Extra developers won't come to a platform that they can't buy hardware for. They also won't come to a platform who's future is in the hands of the courts. The court-case does matter.

Hans

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Hans

I agree.

It's about the future if AmigaOS, and probably of either of the companies, if they arent well incurred.

Will it go the the imbecile's of whom's definition of an OS includes notepad, or the developers that put their blood swear and tears into it.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Mikey_C

Has she sung for me?.....yep, she not only sang but took severals encores, went into retirement....then made a comeback tour which seems to never end.

Seriously though, the court case was the final straw for me. I sold my A1 a wee while back.

Still can't stop dropping by the usual sites to see whats going on in the hope that it all comes good though!

Cheers

James

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@L8-X

Quote:

L8-X wrote:
@Mikey_C

Has she sung for me?.....yep, she not only sang but took severals encores, went into retirement....then made a comeback tour which seems to never end.

Seriously though, the court case was the final straw for me. I sold my A1 a wee while back.

Still can't stop dropping by the usual sites to see whats going on in the hope that it all comes good though!

Cheers

James

That's a load of rubbish. The real reason you sold your A1 is because it was too cool for Dwain Dibley.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Mikey_C

I'm replying before reading the other 50+ posts, so forgive me if I repeat what's been said.

I see the "visits" traffic at other sites is still busy, but the posts are fewer. Many I think have gone into hibernation mode while the court case works its self out. What few Amiga projects remain, can't really proceed untill legal issues are decided it seems. So it seems news activity is down and there just isn't much to talk about.

When legal stuff starts moving, things will probably get very chatty again. Until then, I do tend to hear the fat lady warming up backstage some times.

Plaz

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Mikey_C

You feeling any better now?
There seems to be a lot going on again.
Perhaps people have been busy developing.

Yet another update to OWB and getting faster.
Major updates to Hollywood (I need to buy this)
PointRider updated.
Fryingpan updated, also seems to be gaining speed and now reeds other formates like Nero nrg.
WookieChat constantly updated.

Shortly there will be a bugfix update to OS4 classic.
I believe there are updates along the way for both versions of OS4.

This is just a quicklist of the top of my head of things I have been looking into and using.

Aminet and OS4Depot have stuff added daily.

All in all, things could be better, but they could be a whole lot worse.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3)