Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
121 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 121

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
big video about X1000
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All

I recently got an X1000 and was making some big-fat-30-minutes-long video about it where I tried to cover all the stuff: history, the board itself, assemblyng it into the unusual case, making a serial adapter for debugging, installing FE+updates, stress testing on RadeonHD with many apps running at the same time, etc, etc. All with a lot of subtitles, covering the booting process, some basics of OS4 and co. This is probably the longest vid I ever made for OS4 in terms of time spent on it.

Everything is shown over the music from  "Messer für Frau Muller" band.

Enjoy:

ps. thanks to everyone who help with getting x1000 to me: Trevor, Dan, Javier, Julian, Niels, Bill, Olle, djBase and levellord. Thanks amigos !

Edited by kas1e on 2022/11/10 18:58:15
Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Re: big video about X1000
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Just watched the video. Great job. Love the grinder, subtle.
Setting up AOS4 from scratch will come in handy. I am still running the original install on the 2012 HDD. Time for a clean start.

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ddni
Yeah, just not forget that amigaboot.of thing : "boot" partition as ffs one for just amigaboot.of, so cfe can read it, or compact flash with same amigaboot.of

While i used the same "Boot" ffs partion on pegasos2, still refreshing it all was good.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Nice video, fun the part where you have to brutally adapt the case to fit it in
X1000 seems a good machine btw

Sam440ep Flex 800Mhz 160GB HD + AmigaOS 4.1
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Great video!
Have fun with Amiga, always!

Memento audere semper!
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

What network card did you use?

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Very nice video!!
Keep up the good work.

AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / ATI X1950 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS 4.1 FE / Linux / MorphOS
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the NET
Vampire V4SE TrioBoot
RPI4 AmiKit XE
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

Great video !!!! Thanks a lot!!! You hard work well with adjusting this tower.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All

@ddni
Quote:

What network card did you use?

Currently have no network installed, for sure sadly that inbuild network driver wasn't finished.. Was anything (like beta or something) of onboard ethernet driver was ever released ? Just maybe if it were released, then maybe asking to open the sources may help to finish it ?

Or maybe alternatively we can all somehow made some opensource version ? (i just remember how H. Kanning make a HD audio driver pretty fast, so maybe onboard driver can be done too ?).

Or maybe we can find someone who will be motivated on donation basis make a driver ?

Anyway, for the moment i find in my garage 2 network cards and both marked on chip as "RTL8139D" and both Acorp ones, and seems os4 have drivers for, will check how it.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e
excellent video. Thanks!
X1000 is a great machine. My first AmigaNG was Pegasos 2 + MorphOS, but second was X1000 + AmigaOS. I like her.

RTL8139D will work, but it is 100 MbE only with real speed 90 Mbps. Far better is RTL8169 - this is 1 GbE, with real speed 320 Mbps on X1000.

AmigaOS3: Amiga 1200
AmigaOS4: Micro A1-C, AmigaOne XE, Pegasos II, Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOne X1000
MorphOS: Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Pegasos II, Powerbook, Mac Mini, iMac, Powermac Quad
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@sailor

Don't rely on the numbers it gives you.

I did a lot of testing with Internet speed, different cards, different cables, different routers...the amiga was always outdone by a PC on the very same setup.

Then I deleted all the envarc:roadshow settings and it got measurable better...so I guess Roadshow is still the bottleneck.

Not sure if a native AmiTCP will top that

@thread

Err...Great video

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Sailor
Quote:

RTL8139D will work, but it is 100 MbE only with real speed 90 Mbps. Far better is RTL8169 - this is 1 GbE, with real speed 320 Mbps on X1000.

Tried both cards i finnd, one completely dead, another one works fine. Typing this from the Odyssey now. But yeah, as Raziel said i have a feeling that for our casual needs like browsing + youtube thise one good enough.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
great video kas1e! It is nice to see whole process :)

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich

Warp - Croatian Amiga portal
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Raziel

This number is real traffic test with TCPSpeed application, against my dual-xeon workstation.
20971520 bytes read, 40960 kB/s = 320 Mbps.

All 100 MbE NICs in my Amigas have 90 Mbps, AmigaOneXE (G4/800MHz) with 1GbE NIC has 140 Mbps.

Of course, such speed works with no CPU-hungry applications like FTP, wget, NetFS.
If you read for example crypted web pages with a lot of java script, CPU have a lot of work with this, so NIC speed goes down.
So speed is upto 320 Mbps.

And I am also not sure about AmiTCP speed, but I am looking forward for its routing ability. Roadshow lacks it ( and old MiamiDX had ). And bond / etherchannel will be also great. Especially for Sam440.

AmigaOS4: Micro A1-C, AmigaOne XE, Pegasos II, Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOne X1000
MorphOS: Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Pegasos II, Powerbook, Mac Mini, iMac, Powermac Quad
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Nice video! Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work!

Current Amiga computers: Vampire V4-SA, Sam460ex, A1-X5000/020
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@sailor

Quote:
And I am also not sure about AmiTCP speed, but I am looking forward for its routing ability. Roadshow lacks it ( and old MiamiDX had ). And bond / etherchannel will be also great. Especially for Sam440.

I'm interested to understand what AmiTCP has that Roadshow doesn't. When it was mentioned in the A-EON presentation at AmiWest as coming in Enhancer V54, I didn't understand the rationale of replacing our IP stack.

Can someone detail the advantages of a native AmiTCP over Roadshow; can someone detail the disadvantages?

-- eliyahu

"Physical reality is consistent with universal laws. When the laws do not operate, there is no reality. All of this is unreal."
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Nice video. I liked the music.

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

Really good video, I totally enjoyed it!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e
Just watched the video. Excellent!
The install brought back lot's of memories of when I first received my shiny new X1000 and the stress test was fun to see. Have to say I've gotten a lot of enjoyment out of my X1000 since first purchasing it in 2012. 10 years later it's still going strong!

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e ( and thread )

nice case modification!
Compact, small, nice - I should think on such modifications too, I am slowly running out of space

But in this case is not DVD. Yes, it is not much needed today, but I have a question:
Do you have experience with USB external DVD?
Can AmigaOS eject the CD with "eject" command?

Because MorphOS cannot do it with external USB DVDs. Only with IDE or SATA directly connected.
It probably have something with ATAPI simulation over USB.

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »