Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
115 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 115

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 11 12 13 (14) 15 16 17 18 »
Re: Updater tool: latest releases and updates
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Of course some things do not seem to be solved in the very best way. But without knowing the background I would just calm down a bit. Exactly the way we think about best solutions we should imagine they are doing the same way.

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition / MorphOS 3.17
Amiga1200 / Blizzard 1230 IV PiStorm32-lite / AmigaOS 3.9
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
Maybe after all this chaos, they create a RadeonBridge library to make things right and sell it as a separate package. :D :D :D

Remember, no discounts are available.

Edited by walkero on 2022/9/16 10:35:07
Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I would be happy to pay for a RadeonBridge library (but if it is only available for a V54 system and not OS4 than i am out) ;)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@imagodespira
Probably "v54 only" not possible, because V54 just a new shell commands + whole enhacner, etc, but not new kernel or graphics.library or anything which is heart of OS and which for real important enough, without which things will not runs. But of course, if Mattew specially will put restrictions inside of the drivers to avoid working on OS4 as it now, then it will be v54 only :)

Firstly there should be v54 out, then users test it, and if (and only IF) it good enough and have no bugs, and all features from original OS in, then maybe ppls will consider all this. But i have big doubt that everyone will happy jump on this "v54" stuff, with all new replacements and new bugs in, and go the same route as we go with Hyperion for 10-15 years fixing all small bugs.

@Walkero

Quote:

If I am not wrong, the Enhancer and the driver's license are "one copy per machine". So, if you have 2 AmigaOne, you need 2 copies of the software. Matthew just tries to enforce that starting with the drivers.

Many did that in the past, and the AmigaOS 4 has different versions for different hardware. I don't really see where the problem with it is.

Problem that it wasn't like this before, but will now. Also another problem, is testing , beta-testing and developing. Imagine that someone need to produce 4 different version of the same driver, but , with a little bit of code changes in each of them, mean, that ancidientaly, one of the drivers may have small bug which other ones didnt' have => harder to beta-test and develop and control.

But, whatever , it's ritorical, Hans still works on, Mattew paid, and this all works on pure OS4 , that the minimum i happy with. Once things will be V54 only, i am sure many of us will be out of this , and will be on original, even on dead one.

Edited by kas1e on 2022/9/16 11:16:32
Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
What you say is perfectly obvious in close sourced realities.
In the computer world, GNU software has prevailed over Microsoft for the reasons you have described.
A paid product by its nature must necessarily protect itself, even more so in a restricted market.
If they had made WB 3.9 under the GNU GPL, AROS today would be a notch ahead of Haiku and they would certainly have made more money. Even just with the Google Summer Code.
But I would not blame AmiKit or Hyperion, the fault was all of us amigans, because it was us with our wallets who pushed in this direction.
If I developed a closed OS too, wouldn't I give anything away to the competition?
Even Apple if it supported HW twenty years ago would fail today.
Many claim that with a 20-year-old Amiga they have the same support as someone buying something new.
It would be better to ask for a System54 for your HW.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@vagappc

This not really the topic here.

In the OS4 World, we don't have any problem paying for software. It's a niche platform and we know it. People developing on AmigaOS 4.1 (and MorphOS or AmigaOS 3.x) deserve to get paid for their work.

The main problem is with how selling OS4 software is handled by the actual main reseller (namely AmigaKit) : a total mess that no one understands anymore :(

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information

AMIGA 1200 | Vampire 1200 II | 128 MB RAM | Indivision AGA Mk3 | 256 GB SD | AmigaOS 3.2.2
AMIGA 600 | Vampire 600 II | 128 MB RAM | Indivision ECS Mk3 | 256 GB SD | AmigaOS 3.2.2
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Today the following public releases have been made available to download on Updater utility:

RadeonHD.chip V5.14 for X1000
RadeonHD.chip V5.14 for SAM 460

Download available for registered users.

amigakit.com - the Amiga store
Links: www.amigakit.com | New Products | Enhancer Software
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Today the following public releases have been made available to download on Updater utility:

AmiSSL v5.4

To download goto the Packages tab

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
There is a security problem with the OpenSSL that is included in the latest AmiSSL and you might want to avoid it until a newer version is released

https://mta.openssl.org/pipermail/open ... /2022-October/000237.html

Follow me on
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@walkero

Thanks for the security alert regarding OpenSSL ...

I have rolled back to AmiSSL 5.3 and will await a future update.

---
redfox

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@walkero

"The regression is not thought to have security consequences."

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@Primax
I hope so, but this statement doesn't imply they are sure. And since they removed that version and they are still investigating it, it might be wise for people to avoid it. Of course, it is a matter of personal decision.

Follow me on
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information

W3D_Novabridge Library V54.16

Download available for registered users.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@amigakit

This is BIG news!! Finally all those old Warp3D games can “just work”.
Thanks to all involved

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Mattew
Why this is not news-item ? That is BIG new indeed !

@All
Those ones who have RAdeonHD with old Warp3D_SI driver installed, don't forget to delete/rename it, so it will not make confusions , but NovaBridge will works instead.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Official news release is coming tomorrow. I am tired tonight and need some rest. I am sure users will prefer me to spend time uploading the binaries and not writing news items first.

The news was also announced at Amiwest on weekend

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e
@any

Can you just remind me with some examples of what will now be possible to non beta users with NovaBridge? I know what it allows, but... some concrete examples.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@rjd324

Run current AmigaOS 4.1 port of Blender with RadeonRX cards .

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@rjd324

Its all mostly for those who want to use minigl stuff, and old classicis from classic amigas when they were with ppc + warp3d cards like voodoo/etc.

If you only about to run true os4 apps which works over minigl , then it almost all the games, demos and apps you download from os4depot which mean "opengl".

To name a few from os4depot:

software: Blender, LodePaint, Celestia
games: Warzone2100, Gish, Aquaria
diskmags: TheVague1,2
demos: from Universe, Traction

Basically almost all the games you download from os4depot which mean "opengl" prior to at least 2018 all want MiniGL , which mean need support of old Warp3D, mean NovaBridge help there.

If you after the classics, then you need to install "rewarp" libraries which are open source implementations of powerpc.library and warp3dppc.library:

https://github.com/Sakura-IT/ReWarp
https://github.com/Sakura-IT/ReWarp3DPPC

Then you can run classics as WipeOut 2097, Heretic 2, demos from MAWI and ENcore, etc.

There is my sometime done video about NovaBridge:

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 11 12 13 (14) 15 16 17 18 »