Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
123 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 123

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
EntwicklerX are working on Super Star Blast for OS4
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
This incredible duo of EntwicklerX are working to bring Super Star Blast to AmigaOS 4, which is an excellent shoot 'em up.

Quote:
Super Star Blast is a space shooter game with challenging levels of increasing difficulty. All enemies must be shot down to finish a level and go to the next one.

The game will require Warp3D Nova to work and although they have it running, they still need to optimise it further.

Here is the page of the game and the first video of their work
https://entwicklerx.itch.io/super-star ... amigaos4-work-in-progress

I have the game on my steam and it is great fun to play. Looking forward to adding it to my AmigaOS 4 system as well.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Re: EntwicklerX are working on Super Star Blast for OS4
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Oh wow, this looks just like a modern version of "Transplant", one of my favourite PD games on my 68k Amigas. Spent many hours playing it back in the day, it'll be awesome to have a modern version to try out on my X5000.

I'll definitely be playing this, I hope there's an option to pay for the development or send a tip :)

My Amiga blog: markround.com/amiga
My hardware: X5000 running OS4.1; A1200 Vampire V1200v2, KS 3.1.4
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@mdr

Frank is a big fan of transplant, so we made "Super Star Blast" ;)

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@imagodespira

Did you ever play Seek & Destroy?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@thread

SO EXCITED!!! My X5000 has been waiting for this since it was first announced some time ago. The graphics, the game style, and the audio seem just perfect for me. Very pleased it's finally coming to the Amiga platform.

-- eliyahu

"Physical reality is consistent with universal laws. When the laws do not operate, there is no reality. All of this is unreal."
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Wow!

Quote:

and although they have it running, they still need to optimise it further.

On video looks already optimized enough :)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
On video looks already optimized enough :)

Oh, how well I know the pain of being a perfectionist

@imagodespira
Looking forward to buying the game from you guys!

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@imagodespira, frank

Btw, be 100% sure that when you do test things with RadeonRX, that you run after each boot prefs:PowerPrefs, and set it to "HIGH", because without, RadeonRX will be in the "middle" mode and FPS in all games will be worse much in compare how it can be.

PowerManagment there also not good enough to raise resources at maximum when need it, so after each boot you must run Prefs:PowerPrefs and set things to HIGH. Or somehow automate that process on each boot (i use for that a command line tools from Hans he send me back in days for testing, dunno how it should be done with PowerPrefs only).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@imagodespira
Nice work!
Any adventure is planned instead of *destroyalienseverytime*?? :D

OT..
Where I can get the OS4 theme you are using?? :D

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Rob: To be honest, I knew neither Transplant nor Seek&Destroy before starting development. But Frank, Super Star Blast is his Baby ;)

@kas1e: Thanks for the hint. I will send it to Frank (don´t know if he plays around with PowerPrefs. He did not mention it.

@Performance: There is a lot to do. The next step will be a setting page with some adjustment settings, so we can see how it performs on different devices. Currently we use some bump mapping in the rocks, Glow/bloom filter, light sources on missles and more which drops fps while playing with much objects. Here we want to make this setting screen where users can play around and find a setting to play better... or play around with effects ;)

A switch for the fps counter would als be nice, so we can play around with all settings, gfx cards and PowerSettings.

We will see how it performs when it is finished. When it is done, we try to make a similar silence release as with Mace TD, so can look how it works and have not as much support.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e: So set it to HIGH in PowerPrefs and save is not enough?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@TearsOfMe
As far as i remember it wasn't enough, but maybe something were changed in that regards already. The good way to check those things, is to download http://os4depot.net/share/development ... ary/graphics/irrlicht.lha, then , run the 02-Quake demo for example to see how it in different condition to be sure that things always on HIGH.

For me, that what i have in that 02-Quake demo on RadeonRX/X5000:

LOW: 170 FPS
HIGH: 260 FPS

For example right now i tried that : i set to "Low Power" in powerprefs , rebooted, and then run this QUAKE3 test case, and bah, have 260 FPS. Then, i run Power prefs, and just exit (hitting nothing), and when run Quake3 test, then i have 170 fps.

It mean that by default, on reboot, my "Low Power" wasn't read. And only was set/read after i run/exit Power tool. This definately sounds for me like a bug or unlogical behaviour.

The same was visa-versa for some card/settings for me, i do have "HIGH" set, and on reboot, it wasn't ever read, and always was in "LOW" mode, so i had to run/exit power prefs again. But on my current card i can't reproduce it for now (maybe that card related, dunno).

So, as there definately issue present with power tool, or dunno with what, i saying everywhere at the moment - after reboot, go to power prefs, and hit "high / use". To be 100% sure.

But ideally of course this issue need to be pinpointed and fixed (dunno where). All i remember when i start explain issue in beta list, i was explained by someone that this like normal behaviour or something :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@afxgroup:
Here some info about the theme, i have now some links in the last comment but maybe the whole thread helps a bit.

https://www.amigans.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=132734

I hope to get it finished and uploaded on official websites soon.

@kas1e: Thanks! We will try it. Frank has the information now and i hope he writes me back soon.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Ok. Tested a bit. On the fly change Power Settings works not (stays at low). Restart is necessary. But saving to HIGH seems to work here as it should. Stays at high and the FPS are indicate that it works here.

Edited by TearsOfMe on 2022/8/21 10:17:03
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thanks for testing! Frank wrote me, he plays around with PowerPrefs, the video is with HIGH settings.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Great looking game - thank you EntwicklerX, I like this kind of games! It will be on my list!

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich

Warp - Croatian Amiga portal
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
looks and sounds great can’t wait to play it on my X1000

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Looks like a great game! Noticed you had a version for Xbox One there with 2-player mode. That would be fun to try! Definitely on my list of wanted games!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@imagodespira
Quote:

@Rob: To be honest, I knew neither Transplant nor Seek&Destroy before starting development. But Frank, Super Star Blast is his Baby ;)

Seek & Destroy is very similar to to Transplant but set in a Desert instead of space. It best compares to games like Desert Strike and Operation Gunship. There is also a co-op mode where one player controls the helicopter and the other the weapon systems. Maybe inspiration for future games based on the Super Star Blast engine.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Rob: Looks great. Our idea was to make more games based on similar technics. But often we drop it to make something new, because of fun. But it would be better to use some parts more than one time (mechanics or graphics). It is much work to start from scratch again and again ;) A Heli game is on our list, maybe we can use some Super Star Blast parts...

@AmigaOldskooler:
Yes, Super Star Blast is available on other platforms like Xbox One, Playstation, Nintendo Switch or Steam Windows. When we made the game we thought to bring the game to AmigaOS but time, money and technics stopped us. Currently we can spend more AmigaOS-Dev-Time again and drivers (Warp3DNova, OpenGLES etc.) are much mature now.

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »