Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
65 user(s) are online (42 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 64

TheMagicSN, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 13 »
Re: Sam460LE 1.10 Ghz Pre-Order!
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Dear customers,

This picture Max posted is from the preproduction boards. We needed to build a few of them to be sure they work as intended.
Sorry for being a lit late but I'm sure you understand it's important to check everything we can.

The production is still in progress and we plan to have boards early in November.

Thanks for your patience and support.

The ACube Systems Team

Edit: typos

Edited by Elwood on 2022/10/9 11:55:24
Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
So, as amiga-news.de reported, it is going to be November...:
https://www.acube-systems.biz/index.php?page=news&id=154

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition / MorphOS 3.17
Amiga1200 / Blizzard 1230 IV PiStorm32-lite / AmigaOS 3.9
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
For those of you who have pre-ordered the Sam460LE, which graphics card are you planning to use?

For experts, what is the recommended graphics card to get for running NovaBridge and the rest from A-EON?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@AmigaOldskooler
Quote:

For those of you who have pre-ordered the Sam460LE, which graphics card are you planning to use?

For experts, what is the recommended graphics card to get for running NovaBridge and the rest from A-EON?

RadeonRX 560 or 570 will cover all the needs (but you will not have working Uboot on RadeonRX until Acube fix Uboot for that matter, so should use serial for). RadeonRX is faster than RadeonHD on amigaos4 drivers, and give the best results in compare with RadeonHD.

But, you should know, that sam460 have problems with cache coherence, mean that this is disabled in the drivers for sam460, mean that you will have no GART. Speed of some heavy games will be _much_ worse in compare with X1000 or X5000.

For example if we will check Irrlicht Engine's quake3 example, it give on X5000 250FPS, on X1000 220FPS, and on sam460 35FPS. Yes, that low. While i of course expect at least 100FPS, but nope. Maybe that because of disabled GART because of broken cache cohenrence. And for some games problem visibly very well, for others ones not so. I.e. 3D will works, but just don't expect it be fast enough for some titles.

But hardware video decoding works well for 1080videos with RadoenRX on SAM460 (while on RadeonHD, 1080 videos is of no go via hardware decoding, only 720p ones).

So, still recommend RadeonRX , but , don't hold the hope for the fast 3D, sadly there is problem with, and seems because of bug in the hardware or something (at least i do not know what the reassons why cache coherence is broken/not works as expected).

You can see in my video how it all in action in reallife with RadeonRX and SAM460CR : https://youtu.be/X75KbnOpZhA?t=2183

In this video you can see that HCRAFT game give just 21 FPS, while on X5000 with the same RadeonRX i have about 200 FPS. But from another side Spencer, is quite OK, give 40 FPS, while on X5000 it give 110 FPS, so like expected slower on 2-2.5 times. So that all depends, but you should know :)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@AmigaOldskooler

Also as the Sam460 ISO only contains the RadeonHD Lite driver an older video card will be needed to install AmigaOS 4.1 unless the
owner can create a updated ISO or unless Acube bundles a special USB Drive drive that includes the A-Eon Enhancer RadeonRX driver.
This would also require the motherboard UBOOT to be configured in advance to boot from USB by default.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e
@Spectr660

Thanks for the information guys! Much appreciated!

I must say the whole situation with graphics cards and drivers on Sam460 is complicated. New users to AmigaOS 4 will probably need quite a bit of help. Fortunately there are retailers (Amedia, Relec) who will sell complete systems with everything set up to go, so that it will be easier for the buyer.

How do you think the A1222 will compare against the Sam460 with the new drivers? As far as I could see from the recent events (Amiwest / Amiga37), it might be available for purchase in February or around that time.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@AmigaOldskooler

Easiest method is to secure an older model graphics card like a RadeonHD 5450 to setup Uboot and install the OS . As well as a fallback for emergencies .

Same graphics card driver issues exists for X5000.
Emergency boot USB solution with newer video card drivers and Enhancer is supposed to be offered by dealers though.

I don't know if there is an official updated X5000 ISO that supports the X5000/40 but with the original X5000 ISO USB keyboards and mice do not work .
So different issues also exits with the AmigaOS 4.1 FE ISO's .

A1222 on paper looks to eventually have better performance than Sam460 for most things also the A1222 may get multicore support.
But both have to have their production runs to exist for new buyers.
This is the last Sam460 production run and the first A1222 run is to be 200 units. What happens after that is unknown .

The X5000/40 is still available.
But after those in stock are gone that may be it for the X5000 models.

So don't procrastinate too long if you are looking for a new PowerPC motherboard.
Or do like some Amigans and get as many different models as you can .

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@all

ACube Systems made a short announcement on their Facebook-page concerning the delivery of the Sam460LE:

"We expected the Sam460LE production to be faster but it is still running. We'll start shipping the boards the second week of December. Thanks."

Source: https://www.facebook.com/ACubeSystems

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@AmigaOldskooler

Becoming an Amigan requires becoming an expert in waiting

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@trixie

Quote:
Becoming an Amigan requires becoming an expert in waiting

That is definitely true! You hit the nail on the head there! Great comment! The quote would fit very well as a meme of some sort.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Two more weeks.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
News from ACube Systems:

Quote:
We are now contacting each of our customers that purchased a Sam60LE by preordering. Working on it...

Source: ACube on Facebook

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Those who pre-ordered can now complete their purchase:

https://shop.acube-systems.biz/sam-motherboards/125-sam460.html

Great to see ACube getting the boards out to customers before X-mas!

Anyone here ordered one?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@AmigaOldskooler

I'm not necessarily from "here" but I'm waiting for my Sam460le 🙂.

I think I got all what I need for it.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Production boards are ready

Resized Image

Max Tretene, ACube Systems Srl, Soft3
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Nice!

AmigaOS3: Amiga 1200
AmigaOS4: Micro A1-C, AmigaOne XE, Pegasos II, Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOne X1000
MorphOS: Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Pegasos II, Powerbook, Mac Mini, iMac, Powermac Quad
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Wonderful when will shipping commence this is great news.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Nice to see it! Also, nice Christmas gift :D

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich

Warp - Croatian Amiga portal
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@m3x

Great. I hope I will get it soon :).

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 13 »