Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
150 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 149

kishigo, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9) 10 11 12 ... 36 »
Re: BSzili port requests
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@BSzili

Just tried Torcs on RadeonHD + Sam460 with Wazp3D.
It is very sloooow, but it works :)

Hope Warp3D for RadeonHD is released soon...

EDIT: Speed Dreams also works...

Edited by SinanSam460 on 2014/2/16 21:50:29
Sinan - AmigaOS4 Beta-Tester
- AmigaOne X5000
- AmigaOne A1222
- Sam460ex
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@BSzili

Quote:
Using smaller textures won't give you better speed, it just reduces the VRAM footprint. It's far from stable, the aforementioned problems are still there. Unfortunately I don't know how to get any debug output from Warp3D, so the visual glitches (menu, track map) will stay there for the time being.

Indeed, altrough what i also meant is that even in a 8x8 setting the game doesn't reduce so mutch its VRAM consume (and i have 128MB!) so at the end better using an higher value such 512 ecc ..

Aniway i just tested TORCS and it seems mutch better in term of VRAM consume, also stability is good

Speed in game however is quite similar to Speed Dreams (5-10 FPS using the default settings) so not very playable on my little Sam440 ...

Just one problem still, the game will crash when you switch from window mode to fullscreen (and viceversa), you can ignore the DSI but if possible would be cool if you can fix it

Good job mate

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Speed Dreams doesn't works for me. Don't start.
My config is Sam440ep integrated radeon 64mb.

Retired
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@samo79

I don't test it on Amiga os but on pegasos ii 1266mhz and 9800pro on mos for have it playable I need to reduce the texture size this because VRAM limitation of 128mb, the best setting is under 512 .
For have texture up we need 512 mb or more of vmem

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All with sam440
Don't bother with speeddream and torcs or any big games: you can't expect that such games will playable on your machines. Be in hope it will works with something like integrated radeon are naive as well :) 1ghz and r9250 for sure minimum and even that is not enough.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@SinanSam460
A RadeonHD Warp3D driver wouldn't help much, especially on Sam machines. A more modern graphics stack (Gallium3D) would be necessary. The current OpenGL implementation translates between two high level APIs, which always comes with a performance penalty. There's no support for vertex buffer objects either, which could drastically reduce the amount of data that has to be pumped through the system bus for every frame.

This is just like television, only you can see much further.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@utri007
Ultimate Stunts - This game lacks polish, it's not worth to port in in its current state.
Unknown Horizons - Already on my list, see the first post.
PlaneShift - No dice, uses Cg shaders.
Glest - I'm pretty sure this one has been already ported by someone else.

I'd rather not add any more FPS' to my list :P

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
There is no Glest port for Amiga OS4

http://glest.org/glest_board_archive/index.php?topic=1426.10;wap2

Afxgroup has made some work to it. But did he have some personal problems and he does not do amiga porting anymore?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
what about Homeworld ?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Both Homeworld and MegaGlest are doable, but first I want to cross out the 2D entries from my list.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
On TORCS:
I tried an old Logitech wheel with this. First, get rid of PCI#? in libs:amigainput (and reboot). Calibrate the wheel in AmigaInput prefs by selecting USB-"wheel model"-0 and "test/calibrate". Turn the wheel all the way to the left and press the right pedal all the way down and press a button before you release the pedal. Center the wheel, stay off the pedals and press a button. Then turn the wheel all the way right and press only the left pedal all the way down and press a button. Then you can save the settings. Calibrate it also in TORCS. Worked for me.

It can be a good idea to use a different driver name for each control method, then the game calibration is needed less.

I couldn't change the view to a first person view yet, tried editing config/graph.xml but so far must have used the wrong values. Function keys crash it.

Got enough of a framerate for cruising, but I feel that it would be higher if I could get rid of the car model, with first person view.

Edit: corrected an omission.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Really appreciate BSzili's efforts here, but sadly they are let down by the absence of Warp3D and or Gallium3D.
If and when they arrive, I can see the likes of Torcs and Speed dreams being great fun on AmigaOS4.

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ddni
TORCS are fine on my peg2 by speed. But if you didn't have something like radeon9250 in your x1000 and only test with wazp3d, then sure will be slow.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I got the correct view working in TORCS (by F2 - sometimes it works without alignment error but just DSI). Avoid using the mouse when selecting a course and use cursor keys. I don't know how to change the track type without the mouse. Historic cars rock!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Thematic
Odd, I didn't get any DSIs while changing views, although I had a crash once in amigainput.library after toggling the help. The context became invalid somehow. Don't forget to turn of the rear view mirror if you haven't done already, it causes the scene to be drawn twice, and nearly halves the framerate. I might disable it completely, since it's buggy anyway, the colors are wrong due to some texture format mismatch.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@BSzili

On my X1000 / Radeon9250 128MB 128bits :

-SpeedDreams fills 80% of my GFX memory when loading.
And 100% when the race begins => OS freeze

But not a problem because

-TORCS runs pretty well and is playable.
At least, it's very faster than SuperTuxKart. Enough to play with my son and to avoid to boot on Linux.

Thank you

Nevertheless, just 3 bugs on my system.

1) F2 to switch view causes a DSI

2) when rechoosing another race after have finished / abandoned one make the OS freeze. If I select this race after a fresh start of TORCS, it's OK.

3) when FullScreen is selected, it's impossible to fallback to windowed mode except by modifying full-screen attribute in config/screen.xml) because the mouse cursor is hidden

Again, thank you !

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@zzd10h
I can only give you the same advice I did give others: try to reduce the texture size. I don't want to add even harsher automatic limits, because there might be people, who doesn't use the compositor for their desktop, and have more free VRAM at their disposal.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
There is no ice hockey or football game for OS 4. Every year ice hockey and football games are best sellers. :)

Here are two potenttially possible games

Ice hockey - RG Pro Hockey

http://www.hassportz.ca/download.html

Screenshot

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/501/753/1600/rgpro1.0.png

Football - Bolzplatz 2006

http://sourceforge.net/projects/bp2k6 ... olzplatz%202006%20v1.0.3/

Looks good, it is a old but maybe it is even better ;)

https://www.google.fi/search?q=Bolzpla ... cQ_AUoAQ&biw=1440&bih=766

Both of them uses SDL

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
There are Tux Football and Eat the Whistle but of course, the more the merrier :)

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9) 10 11 12 ... 36 »