Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
85 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 83

DiscreetFX, AndreasM, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »
Re: What features would you like on Amigans?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@trezzer

I have most of the Amiga Music as MP3 I believe... So I could broadcast (using TuneNet) if we dedicate a server for it...

There use to be three Amiga/Atari/oldies Internet Radio a couple of Months ago...
2 weeks ago, they were all switch off.. Then last weekend, one came back online...

Jerry

Defender of my A1XE-G4 / AOS4 Final Update !
Looking for a new toy ? Then try a GP2X...
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Mikey_C

It'd be nice to have an outbox for private messages, not only an inbox.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Some sort of consistently updated OS4 updates/news section would be good. Just so people have a single point of reference to the current status of OS4.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Sister_Rita

Try clicking on "Topics" underneath the list. It looks horrible on AWeb (it's on my list already), but it gives you the last posting time.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

Ferry wrote:
A section for active OS4 projects, where we all could see how are they doing, with links to their main pages and bounty for each one (if needed).

Oh, a free beers section would be nice too... ;?)

Saluditos,

Ferr?n.

Helllloooooo Ferry!!!!!

Love that avatar!

Gimme a beer too! Hehe!

Oh, what am talking about?

I think that a dev should start a thread, THEN it should be locked, and when he/she has more to say THEY unlock the thread and add another post to it. THAT WAY in one view, a person can see all progress, how it advanced.

And of course we, who want to supply input, start threads on whatever it is we want to have a say about to them.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I'll second the classifieds section, that would be quite handy. As it is, though, I don't see much need for tons of extra "features" as the forums and news will most likely be the biggest draws to the site.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I like to have PDA/Mobile phone support, so I do not need to have computer to connect to this site.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
The opening message would be nice to be visible in every topics top. (In different bacground and smaller font)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
"Games" section into the forums would be nice - a place where we can talk about the games we play on Amigas/UAE.

"Ain't Got no cash, Ain't got no style, Ladies vomit when I smile, but does Zoidberg worry?"
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
UGH!

I haven't read this entirely because im in a hurry, so
maybe someone has already submitted these:

More posts for one page. (keeping pages low as possible, and it's more easy to compare what others have said)

recent topics would be VERY helpful (you don't have to start browsing forums and find something lately discussed)

ugh, gotta run...............

?A1-C 750GX@933, 512mb, Onboard GFX, Multi DVD Burner. OS4 JulyUpd
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I'd like two things that aw.net has..

On the front page, I'd like the individual numbered pages for threads.. So on the front page you could have:
Re: What features would you like on Amigans? 1, 2, 3, 4

.. and then be able to click on 3 to visit page 3 of the thread straight away.

Secondly, I'd like ALL page numbers displayed when you're inside the thread. Currently it shows the first 3 numbers, then "...", then the last page number. I often want to start reading the thread at the 2nd or 3rd to last page, and I cant do that. I have to click on the last page, and then go back..

I hope these two suggestions are possible. Thats what helped make aw.net the best setup amiga forums on the net I reckon.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
/ Quote:

Mikey_C wrote:
Yes, it would, but we have no jingles.

If anyone can help out here....

Mikey C

/ Plaz raises hand.

So what are we talking about here? Help with the radio or the jingles? For jingles do we need jazz, rock, blues... serious, parody? For the net radio do you need resources? I might be stepping in to the 'studio' this weekend with a few ideas.

Plaz

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:
I think that a dev should start a thread, THEN it should be locked, and when he/she has more to say THEY unlock the thread and add another post to it. THAT WAY in one view, a person can see all progress, how it advanced.

I like that idea too. Kind of like hosting developer blogs. They can always post other related threads for open discusion, but they can keep their own news and progess page up-to-date as they please. They'd have to keep it tidy though.

Plaz

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

Ferry wrote:
A section for active OS4 projects, where we all could see how are they doing, with links to their main pages and bounty for each one (if needed).

I really support some sort of amigans.net bounty for selected projects. I am not as good at donating as I should be and perhaps this could bring in some extra funds for our gifted developers.

I don't know how it should work, but we could have one big pool of money that would be distributed to the developers... perhaps after a significent version release?

You could even sign up for a standard amount each month. 5, 10, 15 euros... So that we would know how much money to expect. It would quickly make a rather big bounty.

Well, just a suggestion. And it could well be that I am the only one who can't get around to donate the usual way.

Ferry's proposal would also work very well.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I'll keep it simple...

NO POLLS

Poles are allowed though, we need something to tie the trolls to when we burn them

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Your'll have to get those poles out of their trucks first !!

Are we nearly there yet ?
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
[quote] Ebay section for people to advertise auctions in that might be of interest to other amigans.
quote]

I agree!

I am desperate for an A500 IDE adapter - I don't want a GVP SCSI - and the IDE adapters are very rare.

It would be nice to see a forum dedicated to this.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Would AmigaKit have one of those ?

Are we nearly there yet ?
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I've always liked the idea of a Source Forge like development progress report thing... But one that just houses AmigaOS projects.

Updated either by using an RSS like news feed from the main project website or directly here on Amigans.net, I'm not sure which would be the most appropriate.

I have the vision of having a feature list & a sort of percentage done for each, bug tracks & the wonderful eta which we all know & love.

FuZion.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Fuzion

Now, that's a great idea!

I always loved to pop in sourceforge to see if certain bugs
have already been fixed on interesting projects...

Amiga-only projects would alse be THE idea, because
betatesters can provide bugreports to one tracker and
would'nt have to deal with many different...

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »