Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
103 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 103

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 4 ... 13 »
First native betas of dopus5, check this out !
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Ok, so ! There is some user-archive for test. There is a loot of changes, a lot of new stuff done, and a lot of new and bad stuff can happens, of course (its beta after all). I will not write them all here right now as it only will take a lot of time (plan to make a normal changelog for final release).

Also all the modules/bin/library are huge by size because of all possible debug info included (together with bunch of kprinfs here and here). Final releases will be of course two types: debug one and plain one (small bins, faster loading, etc).

So.. its all now needs testing , testing and one more testing. Testing on bugs, crashes, problems, settings, buttons, whatever.

Features, suggestions, all ok and should be there too (if anything interesting will be there, it will be added to TODO).

Any quirks you note: write them here. Even if you see some icon missed it worth of note, if there is some bit of german somewhere still, also worth of note. If there is anything which need default setup be a bit different, note as well there. Crashes, bugs, problems, any possible crap - its all time for that ! If you see some parts needs retouch in default settings it also worth to note.

So when we will do a release, no one will say "they not test it well". If some of you will miss anything now when testing, then it will not our fault as we can't test everything in that big fat beast called dopus5 :)

Enjoy ! Here is test-archive: http://dopus5.org

Just unpack it to any place you want, and dbl-click on dopus5 icon.

Edited by kas1e on 2013/10/11 10:06:00
Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Re: First native betas of dopus5, check this out !
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Thanks, downloading now :)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
In meanwhile found that filetype.module sucked a bit, already fixed.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
is the beta archive updated with the fix?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Excellent !!!!

The about window still says V5.82

One annoying thing to add to the todo list, when you only have 2 listers open and one is srce the other off, instead of popping up the select destination window, automatically set the off window to dest.

Another thing is when you use the popup menu in a lister to open a drawer in a new lister, keep the old one as source and the new as dest at the moment it does it the other way round.

Looking good so far, copied my current setting etc to the beta and no lock ups although when I copied the beta libs, modules & exe into my existing setup it locked the system while halfway through the startup.

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Kas1e: Excellent work in getting it this far...

Any way to make a modified "filetypes.module" for editing the Devs:DataTypes/Descriptor Files as a GUI for that?

Or is that a bit too esoteric an ask?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@spot
nope, will upload new archive tommorow, but in meantime you can dl latest branch_v1, go to modules/filetype and type make -f makefile.os4, or wait till tomorrow.

@severin
all versioning in todo already (the same as normal text to about). as for crashes when copy modules-libs in realtime : sure it will crashes(its like swap system libs which do different but with the same name). all tests to do of course only with that archive installed from scratch without another runnig copy of dopus5.

as for listers: plz be 100% sure all what you need cant be done via setting. because ppls know the way how listers works for years, so even if add anything new there then only via options and only if it already didt possible via setting play.

and do sll test plz on that archive, because mixing with anything you already have can cause something bad and we will loose time on users setups, etc

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@belxander
i not so understand what you ask (as filetype module already gui and you already can do all you need with), but if it anything special we will make adopted sdk so anyone can write any kind of modules

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

I found out what was causing the lockup, parent.module from aminet. It makes the parent command go to the devicelist if in the root of a partition. I'll add a right click option to the parent button to do that for now.

There's nothing in settings for changing the "open drawer in new lister" behaviour or any of the default popup menu commands, just openwith and copyto.

I'm testing with my old evironment, arexx, images, buttons filetypes (except archives to test xad) etc. but no 3rd party modules or other addons.

I use dopus on workbench and have since december. having the two versions configured as closely as possible will make it easier to check whether the old version crashes when the beta one does.

Amiga user since 1985

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Fantastic. Love it. Thanks all involved for your work !!!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:

Belxjander wrote:
Kas1e: Excellent work in getting it this far...

Any way to make a modified "filetypes.module" for editing the Devs:DataTypes/Descriptor Files as a GUI for that?

Or is that a bit too esoteric an ask?

Dopus doesn't use datatypes for detecting filetypes. you create your own using settings/filetypes (ramiga 5) the same way as Dopus4. look at page 150 onwards in the dopus55.pdf in documents.

There are collections of predefined filetypes on aminet and the DOPLUS cd (on sourceforge iirc), you just need to edit the commands used to deal with a particular filetype as they're set up for classics. It can take a while to set up Dopus5 exactly how you want it but it's worth the effort.

@kas1e

The filetypes supplied do not use the new XAD commands. I created one for lha and XADOpen works but XADExtract crashes. crashlog and dumpdebugbuffer data saved if you want it.

running programs isn't working either, eg. I double clicking the dopus55.pdf (with a filetype set to run amipdf via workbench) does nothing, clicking a button in a bank to open shell does nothing...

Edit: changing the pdf filetype to run amipdf in amigados mode works, it seems workbench mode is broken.

Edited by Severin on 2013/9/18 17:46:26
Amiga user since 1985

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I assume that Workbench Replacement Mode doesn't (yet) work on AmigaOS4? (Maybe near-impossible due to hacking the OS?)

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@severin
strange about parent.module, as i use it too and it works. or you just delete it ? i mean can you step by step say what i need to do to reproduce lockup with parent module ? while that functional will be in dopus later, still will be good to deal if there any lockup.

as for xadopus.module, i just didnt make it as default (its now those arexx scripts), but sure should afd xadopen on lha and lzx at least. will check xadextract crash tomorrow.

next about shell in button bank: how to reproduce exactly and did it works on old 68k version ? the same for workbench replacement mode: is it native or 68k problem or both ?

@all
common, only severin actualy use his amigaos4 ?:) bring more reports !

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

All I need to do to reproduce the lock up is extract the beta archive to ram: change my dopus5 assign to it. copy parent.module into modules/ (or any 68k module I think as I've had the lock with deplay and envoy which all work quite happily with the 68k version + ppc dopus5.library).

Then I run Dopus and the startup window opens, the bar gets to the e in please and the system freezes, case reset required.

Shell problem: create a button bank, add a button and set left click to "workbench", "sys:system/shell" and tick run asynchronously. This works with the 68k version.

Xad: This gives a DSI as soon as it starts to extract and files, either using copy on an xad lister or xadextract command. you can ignore the dsi and it will continue but sometimes puts up loads of errors saying it can't open a file and the progress window shows 'xx of 0' files.

I don't use workbench replacement mode, I just run dopus on the workbench screen from wbstartup.

Edited by Severin on 2013/9/18 19:59:59
Amiga user since 1985

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@severin
any real 68k module (by real i mean that module are library) will not works currently without ppc-glue stubs (that in todo). but rootparent.module its script, so should works. at lest it works for me now.

did you have runnig dopus5 when do all that assign-reassign-copy ? need it just reboot, unpack, put rootparent.module and only then run dopus. can you test it like this ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
The parent.module I'm using is a 68k library (1404 bytes) not an arexx script. that solves that problem...

Amiga user since 1985

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@severin
and imside of file its real amiga hunk ? can you give me a link on ? i have rootparent.module, but inside its just arexx.script

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
here's part of the file...

> type opt h DOpus5:parent.module
0000: 000003F3 00000000 00000003 00000000 ...ó............
0010: 00000002 000000CA 00000042 00000004 .......Ê...B....
0020: 000003E9 000000CA 000003E8 00105061 ...é...Ê...è..Pa
0030: 72656E74 2F446576 69636573 00000000 rent/Devices....
0040: 03E9000E 526F6F74 2F446576 69636573 .é..Root/Devices
0050: 00000000 70FF4E75 4E712F0E 20390000 ....pÿNuNq/. 9..
0060: 0000670C 2C790000 00082240 4EAEFE62 ..g.,y...."@N®þb
0070: 20390000 0004672C 2C402079 00000004 9....g,,@ y....
0080: 4EAEFFDC 2C790000 00042079 0000000C N®ÿÜ,y.... y....
0090: 4EAEFFD6 2C790000 00082279 00000004 N®ÿÖ,y...."y....
00A0: 4EAEFE62 2C5F4E75 646F7075 73352E6C N®þb,_Nudopus5.l
00B0: 69627261 7279006C 6F63616C 652E6C69 ibrary.locale.li
00C0: 62726172 790048E7 203A2408 284023F8 brary.Hç :$.(@#ø
00D0: 00040000 00082C78 000443FA FFCC7037 ......,x..CúÿÌp7

The archive is here.

Amiga user since 1985

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Congratulations on the first beta release, you all have worked long and hard on this project.
I'm quite impressed with what you have managed to achieved. I have followed through on your website, must say that is quite advanced.
Looking forward to test it on my amiga :)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Fantasic news. I'm very grateful to everyone involved in this.

I will enjoy checking this out properly asap but for now i can only say that i really like what i see while using some of the basic functions of dopus5 with the supplied configuration.

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 3 4 ... 13 »