Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 104

imagodespira, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 11 12 13 (14) 15 16 17 »
Re: Opus Magellan source is free now!
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hello to you who are involved in porting Directory Opus Magellan. how are you doing? is there any news? sitting and waiting for the big day when it is installed on my AmigaOne. anyway, I hope that you do not lose motivation along the way, to me is the only program I've used the most and missed quite large. thank you again for all the hard work you have done

Sam460ex 2GB 120Gb SSD&1Tb HD7750 Envy24HT A-Eon Drv 2.10+Warp3D New Uboot
Apollo v4 Standalone
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@noXLar

I only can agree! :)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@noXLar
I waiting when Itix will back from USA (in beginning of august), then i can annoy him to fix those last 2-3 problems which we have. If nothing will come up till the end of august, i assume i will need to somehow manage all of what we have and make a release with note about those few bugs. But it will be a bit sucky to make such release, as there already was done a lot of work, and will be bad to smash release because of last unfixed bugs.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Well Roman, atleast we have a date for the final release of this project .. i'm really looking forward to see you busy with vPDF or Odyssey

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79
Quote:

atleast we have a date for the final release of this project

You are for long time there, you for sure know how things going. Final date can mean nothing, as i can't do anything if other coders not spend their time on. I can annoy, can ask, can try to motivate, but in end of all their time need it. Add to that its all free time crap without any outcome => everyone will spend their time when he have interest and free time.

I already tried to find out ways to solve last problems with ikka remotely, but he not answer on my last mail, which can only mean that he busy and have no interest till he not home, so i not annoy him currently and wait when he will back.

Even if i will do everything possible from my side, there still can be all kind of stop factors and problems. I even was in hope to make a release in end of june , but then itix go to business trip and xenic burn out. I _hope_ that ikka will help when he will back from USA, but <put anything here>.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Sure i know all the usual story behind, i was referring to this part of your message

Quote:
If nothing will come up till the end of august ...

Because i know you liked to release it in June but as no one could predict how things can go atleast i'm happy you start thinking to release somethings (even if not 100% complete) for a certain date ..

I don't say that Magellan is not important, a priority and so on, I'm just really in worry for all the other projects that i hope to see started as soon as possible, i mean Odyssey, but also vPDF

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

I would be very happy to see a release this year. We have waited along time to have Opus Magellan running on next get Amiga's and a few more months is not really a big deal.

I am also accustomed to seeing open source projects slow down development speed wise over the summer in Europe as people chose to spend more of their free time doing outdoor stuff rather than sitting in front of a Computer.

Anyway keep up the good work and don't forget to allow yourself some time for doing other none Computer stuff as well so you don't get burned out on this or other programming projects

Sam440ep 667mhz 512megs OS4.1 + Minimig, 4MB RAM, ARM add-on board
WinUae 2.3.2, OS 3.9, BB2, Catweasel MkIV
Amiga 1200, BlizzardPPC 060/200 with SCSI, mediatorSX, Voodoo3, pci lan
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
It is not directly port related but I use the SASC (old) version on AROS 68k now. It seems that the functionality almost completely works. The biggest problem were ugly icons (problem that already existed in the past and was solved with a patch on Amikit). Now PeterK (icon.library) has adapted his library and now it works . Jippiih. So I am now working on next version of AROS Vision using Magellan and the newest icon.linrary .

Resized Image

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

thanks for the update, there have been some new programs this year that I can play with, but miss dopus magellan very much. so no matter how far you have come so it is well on its way, so good luck and hope you succeed

Apollo v4 Standalone
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all
Szilard Biro (BSzili) join to project and while he make an i386-aros port and specific on it, still he help with another parts as well.

But we need someone else with good skills who can help us to sort last hardcore bugs (1 for 68k build, and 1 for NG builds).

If there is anyone up to task and want to spend few days with me on that, i can pay him 100-200$ with no problems (if , those 2 bugs will be sorted, of course).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I will also donate some money for the cause, maybe $ 100, but i have to sort out the new security issue on paypal, since my paypal is not working right now, but will fix it when i get home from work in two weeks

Apollo v4 Standalone
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All
With big help from BSZili we have now native version of ftp.module:

Resized Image

Some bugs still to fix, but it was the messy and harder module from all 20 which inbuild in dopus5. And that also latest one which wasn't done native. BSZili to president !

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Wonderful! =)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
WOOHOO!!!

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all
xenic fix some more bugs in 68k builds ! now we pretty close to release. also Biro make works native icons, so maybe first release will be not only port to gcc and native, but also 3 new features : new gadgets in main listers (already done), native mouse wheel support on os4 in main listers (already done too) and native icons support (half of done by Biro). Native icons support imho pretty need it even for first release, as we all known users will say that port suck because icons looks bad.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

kas1e wrote:
@all
xenic fix some more bugs in 68k builds ! now we pretty close to release. also Biro make works native icons, so maybe first release will be not only port to gcc and native, but also 3 new features : new gadgets in main listers (already done), native mouse wheel support on os4 in main listers (already done too) and native icons support (half of done by Biro). Native icons support imho pretty need it even for first release, as we all known users will say that port suck because icons looks bad.

Right decision to add native icons!!!

Amiga600/Vampire2/PrismaMegaMix​/32GB CF Card/2x Rys Mk2/A604n/IndivisionECS/Gotek
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Well done

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I can wait for native icons but thats it, no more wait after that ;) Well done everybody!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Is it possible to have amidock on the dopus screen in wb replacement mode?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@spotup

yes it's possible, but to start off with you'd be better using dopus on the workbench screen on top of workbench and having something like sys: or Ram: in a dock so you can easily access workbench and it's menus (especially open volume menu for when you need to do things like check free space on a partition).

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 11 12 13 (14) 15 16 17 »