Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
103 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 102

kishigo, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
New Amiga tablet
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
New < $100 tablet offered by Amiga Inc.

http://www.amiga.com/news/20111028-7intablet.php

Go to top
Re: New Amiga tablet
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi L8Knight,
> Amiga site says: you manage your systems with our powerful hardware/software M2M communications solution...
I have the impression the device has nothing to do with Amiga OS, yes?

Grand Blanc, imagen that! Detroit and Mt. Clemens area here...
You, me, Paul Zager and Ken Lester Jr. are the only Amigans existing in the whole state, I'm aware of. Not sure about Ken anymore?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
yup rebranded Chinese tablet running android to go with the Amiga tv & toaster...way to go again Amiga Inc

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I vote this thread be deleted.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Agreed, Amiga Inc. is only a name and has nothing to do with Amiga computers.

Sam460 : X1000 : X5000
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
But it isn't an Amiga to 100% is a tablet with the boingball and Amiga logo, we think that these hardwares aren't Amiga as we think about the Sams, X1000, NatAmi and Minimig, are products that use the name because Amiga has a good name but for us, the Amiga users.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
This site will not lower itself to advertising/announcing products by Amiga inc/CUSA.

Amigans.net stands 100% behind Hyperion Entertainment.

EDIT. Oh, what the heck, moving to too hot to handle, will, leave it unlocked for a while longer.

Mikey C

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@328gts

I don't support A.. inc since they don't seem to be really interested in Amiga except for putting the name on random hardware but..

..what else is the announced netbook if not a rebranded, existing product (running linux probably in this case).

So yeah, I believe there are enough reasons for us not to be interested in their products but don't force yourself to think up arguments that fire back at us =p

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Well, you can't have it both ways.

If we go for custom hardware like the SAM or X1000 people complain that its too expensive. If we go for off the shelf ready made computing, it reduces the cost to a point where most people can afford it - but it upsets the purists.

To me the distinction is clear. Hyperion Entertainment are the legal owners to the AmigaOS. (Hopefully one day the Amiga name too - not saying they aren't already, but its all in the US courts again)

Therefore as the legitamate owners of AmigaOS - Hyperion can port it to what ever they want. Its their OS.

Lets face it, despite their low resources, they have tried to do right by us, the Amiga Community and the Amiga platform. For that alone, they get my 100% support.

Mikey C

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I'm not even trying to want to have it both ways. The fact about custom hardware being too expensive (it's not that people complain it's too expensive - it simply is) is something I've brought up myself, both here and on the polish site (PPA). I'm happy that there will be AOS4 hardware for reasonable price - even though it could and should've been done long ago - I'm simply saying that we can't use that argument(rebranded hardware) against A inc when we're going in the same direction now.

Show must go on! :D
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Okay - How about "Rebranded Hardware - that doesn't have anything in common with the Amiga Heritage - other than the name?"

Mikey C

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
But... ah never mind, lost will to argue on this anymore. Frankly - why the hell would I defend THEM anyway

Show must go on! :D
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Cool, I like cheap Chinese hardware, but I want it with AmigaOS4.x not Android. It probably has better specs than the upcoming Netbook, which I suspect is also just a rebranded Limebook.

It's such a shame that PPC is hardly ever used in "our" kind of consumer electronics. Consider the possibilities if we were using ARM today instead, just dreaming.

Bounty site for AmigaOS4! www.amigabounty.net
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ MaW

simply put, no native AmigaOS then no Amiga in my books

as for AI & their numerous shenanigans, well that's a story not worth rehashing on a Sunday

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Sorry to say,

I think personally the tablet is simply only stickered since its using Android as its OS, however, thankfully, it is atleast using Android and not something #OOPS#.

Wonder if there Amiga Anywhere will ever turn out to be a customised OS, or if it will never happen.

And lastly, nothing to do with tablet now, but, IF I were to buy something from them, it'd only be a risk, and that risk would be an LCD TV amiga named, to match my REAL New Gen hardware from Acube / A-eon.

Cheers

Courtesy of SAM440Flex & Amiga OS4.1 only
Flex is 800mhz
A1000 with Classic 520 Amiga OS3.2.1
AmiKit 12
MorphOS PowerBook G4 (which can play youtube vids)

https://blitterwolf.blogspot.com
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Gebrochen

Quote:
Wonder if there Amiga Anywhere will ever turn out to be a customised OS, or if it will never happen.

And I wonder why you ask. There is more chance to see a PPC Zx81 than Aanywhere in this millenium

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Quote:
To me the distinction is clear. Hyperion Entertainment are the legal owners to the AmigaOS. (Hopefully one day the Amiga name too - not saying they aren't already, but its all in the US courts again)

wait -- hyperion and amiga, inc., are involved in another lawsuit? what is 'in the courts again?' the amiga trademark itself?

-- eliyahu

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Amiga users would want Hyperion to own Amiga name.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Quote:
Amiga users would want Hyperion to own Amiga name.

that would be fine with me. of course i don't really care who owns the 'amiga' trademark and (if any still is remaining) associated IP, so long as they were a benevolent actor -- as opposed to mcewen who seems to think licensing the marks to television makers and arrogant floridians is an appropriate path to take.

-- eliyahu

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Let's just wait a while. The value of Amiga trademark will keep falling due to Amiga Inc. licencing the name to tablet pcs, refrigerators, tvs, pressure cookers, dogie bags, toilet papers and eventually T-Shirts.

Then Hyperion can take it. And CUSA won't be able to take it because we don't want it. Isn't there a law for this? A law which prevents someone from buying some competing value and destroying it? (I mean buying a competing operating system (even if 10000 people use it, it's still a competing value) and destroying it and using Windows or some other OS)

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »