Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 109

Skateman, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
Suggestion: Login-Account-Management for OWB
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Is it possible to add a Login-Account-Mangement in OWB?

Something like in Opera, a small Key-Icon appears in the toolbar, if you visit a Login-Formsheet. If you save you Login and password before that you just need to click on the Key-Icon, choose the saved account for this Login-Formsheet and it fill out the Formsheet automatically, no need to type it by yourself every time.
In case theres only one saved dataset, its enough to press the Key-Button without choosing any accounts.

The Function-Scheme:

1. Visit www.gmx.de
2. Check if theres one or more saved Login-Datas
3. If there nothing saved Datas do nothing
4. If there is saved at least one Data, show the Key-Icon in the Browserbar
5. If theres only one data saved, draw the key-icon and if you click on it insert the data into the sheet (blah@gmx.de, PASSWORD) and Login
6. If theres at least two datas, show a small window where the user must choose a dataset, after choosing insert the data into the sheet (blah@gmx.de, PASSWORD) and Login

7. If a dataset isn?t saved in the login- database, ask user if it should be saved and store it in the database

Maybe use MD5-crypt for saving the passwords not in plain text

Go to top
Re: Suggestion: Login-Account-Management for OWB
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@fingus

I think development of OWB has now ceased now that Timberwolf is well on the way to being finished.

Although I might be wrong.

Hasn't someone else taken over the reigns of OWB and its taking forever to get the source code or something? :S

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@djrikki

Quote:
I think development of OWB has now ceased now that Timberwolf is well on the way to being finished.

you must be kidding. Timberwolf isn?t really usuable like OWB now and it isn?t mentioned to be (The friedens say) And theres no visible public announcement or progress that it?s on the way to being finished.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@djrikki

3.30 is on the way, but it looks (as always) more or less the same, if you need a browser wait Timberwolf or an eventual port of OWB MUI

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@samo79

I'll stick with Safari*

* Still waitin' for AmigaOne X1000

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79

Will be nice to have even our current version of OWB (when you want speed/light/fast browser), and TimberWolf, which imho, will be not so fast, not so light, and will anyway have more bugs (because its beast).

I am just about that dropping owb developming in this current (good/fast/not_so_many_bugs) state , will be not so good.. And we still not known how good (or bad) will works MUI version of OWB on os4 ..

What happenes with all that "download manager" talks ? If i remember right, someone already do it, and contact with Joerg ..

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
Will be nice to have even our current version of OWB (when you want speed/light/fast browser), and TimberWolf, which imho, will be not so fast, not so light, and will anyway have more bugs (because its beast).

But you may consider that Firefox is already tested by millions of users as software and also as a "core"

TW will use also hardware acceleration when OWB not, that's doens't mean OWB is slowest or not stable, it is already quite stable and fast but not at the same level as a complete and finished Firefox port

Quote:
I am just about that dropping owb developming in this current (good/fast/not_so_many_bugs) state , will be not so good.. And we still not known how good (or bad) will works MUI version of OWB on os4 ..

OWB for MorphOS is a MUI software, OS4 support MUI, ok not the latest version but there aren't all that difference, eventual bugs can be solved more easly

OWB reaction have a lot of bugs in UI, some of them are really incredible, sometimes it freeze OS4 only resizing the window (with certain theme)

Another example take a look of this:

http://bugs.os4depot.net/?function=viewissue&issueid=575

So IMHO, a MUI version would be a lot better since beginning as it use a more modern tookit, off course all projects must be tested and may have bugs

Quote:
What happenes with all that "download manager" talks ? If i remember right, someone already do it, and contact with Joerg ..

And then ?
Even if we have a download window we can't use this browser for "real", we have issues also with DNS ...

Edited by samo79 on 2010/9/15 14:59:59
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79

Well, I don't know how you use OWB but I use it all the time n my AmigaOne, browsing many many sites and I cannot make it crash.

There must be some bugs but as far as I'm concerned, they did not show here.

Joerg has made an excellent work, Fab too for the MorphOS version. I configured OWb with OWBAddressBookManager andClipDown and evenif it's not as close ? what some should except, it is really sufficient for all my need.

Moreover, I don't think the Frieden Brothers have a lot of time to concentrate on TW since the A1X1000 must take over all their time.

So OWB still remains my main browser and I thank Joerg a lot for his hard work.

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thats really annoying, please do not hijack my thread with your offtopic stuff and stay on my topic!

Mods note: Excessive use of large fonts removed.

Edited by Rigo on 2010/9/15 16:39:47
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@fingus

So let's stay on your topic (since you ask for it in a so gentle way) : you should start to learn to code since Joerg won't do it for you.

There have already been a lot of demands like this one and Joerg already answered that he won't do it but won't prevent anyone else to do it.

Bye the way, you realize that before implementing what you are asking for, there would be a lot of stuff, more important than your request, to do ?

Well I stayed on topic but I really doubt anything like what you are asking for will see the light of the day in a near future.

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@fingus

I appreciate that topics do tend to wander from the exact topic, and sometimes this can help in the particular thread, sometimes not. The moderators here do monitor what's being discussed, but there has to be some tolerance given. Most topics will bring themselves around.

So please refrain from "shouting" from the rooftops in future :)

Simon

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
http://codebench.co.uk
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@K-L

Quote:
Well, I don't know how you use OWB but I use it all the time n my AmigaOne, browsing many many sites and I cannot make it crash.

I never say "crash on the application" i say bugs in the UI
And yes sometimes it crash cause UI ...

Quote:
Joerg has made an excellent work, Fab too for the MorphOS version. I configured OWb with OWBAddressBookManager andClipDown and evenif it's not as close ? what some should except, it is really sufficient for all my need.

And yes, this is the problem, using ClipDown (an excellent tool eh !) instead to be able to use "just-the-browser" for the same things, the same about address book, we are in 2010, even AWeb have a better bookmark ...

@fingus

Quote:
Thats really annoying, please do not hijack my thread with your offtopic stuff and stay on my topic!

I will stay in topic, you ask about a feature request for OWB, then I reply to you somethings related, BTW if you have a feature request/question for Joerg why you didn't use the bugtracker instead ?

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@samo79
Quote:
...we are in 2010, even AWeb have a better bookmark ...

[soap box]
I'm not the developer of OWB but don't you think this is really insulting? It is one thing to offer constructive criticizism. But this is just outright insulting especially given the fact joerg has repeatably informed everyone that OWB is and was never meant to be a full featured browser. And no, it is not an excuse given some other guy added some of those features to another branch of OWB either. Being insulting is being insulting. Expectations for OWB were never set high by joerg so I don't see the need to continually insult his efforts like this.
[/soap box]

That said, it would be really nice to have a login account management feature added. I suppose I should grab the source and start hacking but I really haven't the time. Hopefully Timberwolf will be up to snuff soon and my soap box won't matter any more.

ExecSG Team Lead
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I will always need at least two different browsers. Even with Timberwolf, I will still use OWB.

In my opinion, a login memory feature is not something I would ever use. My first wish is for an internal download manager because everyone would use that.

Sam460 : X1000 : X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ssolie
Did you want that users will more lick ass of developers, and will add for every phrase "please, you rulz, you awesome" and then it will be not insulting ?:)Because for me, all in that topic for now are constructive talks.

OWB on os4 are fast, good, and (thanks for Joerg (some lick) ) it better than nothing, i use it everyday (and right now too), but, with download manager and few more features it will be much-much better. We always say all of this in last time, just in hope, that Joerg will read all of this, and will think (someday, maybe) "well, maybe they right, lets be owb was no planned for that and that, but maybe for me will be no big deal just add for them easy download manager, maybe that is not so big/unreal/amazing problem".

Are you not agree, and i insulting too ?:)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ssolie

Why insulting ?

I'm doing a lot of feedback for him, different type of bugreports, themes, graphical things and so on, i'm not a developer so sadly i can't contribs in different way but for sure i didn't spoken for trolling, insulting (why??) or similar

But for what i can see (my opinion off course) a lot of problems still remains and there are also some issues with the actual UI

We must say thanks or great work for everythings ?

I will say thanks for the initial port, he do an excellent job in term of speed and "integration" but after that i didn't note any other meanigfull enhancement.

I like to help anyone if and when i can, Joerg included.

Aniway i will shut if that create problems

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@fingus
What you request sounds like an (unnecessarily complex) version of a Password Manager, as seen in Firefox, IBrowse, etc.

This is my number one wanted feature, as it'd mean I'd use OWB for almost everything, rather than just a lot of stuff.

BTW, I personally don't see the need for a download manager, since it can be worked-around using external downloader programs like HTTPResume. Although direct support for an external downloader program like HTTPResume would be nice (and very easy to add I think).

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
if i read most of the comments here, now i understand why joerg have lost interest in further development.....

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@fingus

You also need to read his comment too, where he say, that he not have any interes in making OWB as real browser with features, and he want to stay it the same as it now. Without adding anything. And that it not because of our comments, but because he think that OWB should not have any features, because it was developed only as core, without any GUI. We ask from him, why you then add those buttons, and alt ? On which he say "only because we not have FF for now, but OWB was done only while there is no FF".

So, you can be sure, loosing of interest to develop of OWB, not because of our comments, but because of Joerg wish from the begining.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
On which he say "only because we not have FF for now, but OWB was done only while there is no FF".

Thats the worsted joke i?ve ever heard, Timberwolf isn?t seriuosly usuable in current state.

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »