Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
147 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 147

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 »
Re: Games working (or not) on OS4 Final
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@BrandonLee

Quote:

BrandonLee wrote:
@Lio

NAPALM
-got much further than I'd ever did (the actual game pointer showed up), but then it's black screen all the way.

So... what's the basic problem with this game. We do seem to be improving with each update. What is missing?

MicroA1 - 800Mhz G3, 512MB
A1200 - 50Mhz 030, 16MB
CD32
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Skov

Napalm:
Toaks said once (ages ago) that it only worked with a particular update. He was unable to tell me which one (and there's about six of them or something, and you probably can't get hold of the old ones easily)

Chris

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@BrandonLee

You're playing with what you got and get used to it but Quake are best played with keyboard + mouse. Get online with a joypad and you won't last for long

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Chip

excellent, got Dynamite working now

Thanks !

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Jurassicc

Quote:

Jurassicc wrote:
@BrandonLee

TZERO wont work as it requires AGA chipshet.

..soooo E-UAE then!

Avatar: Avro Vulcan - XH558 needs YOU !!
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@agafaster

It also needs huge amounts of memory. I got working on UAE long ago, but it was slooooow and not very stable.
It was on another incarnation of UAE, so it's probably (much) better now.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@BrandonLee

I nearly got the demo version to work on my 10MB A1200/030 so it should be doable on E-UAE - afterall I got several resource hungry 030/040 demos to work on it reasonably well.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@BrandonLee

Quote:

BrandonLee wrote:
NIGHTLONG
-installation script on the 1.1 CDs seems faulty.Installing from the original CDs works.Copy the PPC files to that directory and the game runs...

how??? i only get an grim when trying it to run. i can continue but then nothing else happens - this is for the 68k version.

byebye...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@MichaelMerkel

Well, I don't know. Tried running it today and failed miserably. Previously, I got it working with some "heatwave" gfx effects.
I removed powerpc.library from my system, that may have something to do with it.

On the plus side, I managed to run "Freespace". Wow, I liked the game, but now it's VERY fast. I get some Grim Reapers midgame, but ignoring them allows me to keep playing normally.
Earth2140 (and the Mission Pack, that never worked before!) now are running fine too.

Getting old games to run on OS4 final has been a curious experience. Sometimes they work, next day they don't. Weird.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@BrandonLee

Same here but slowly everything is coming together. Mostly you will find it is down to our own sadly contaminated setups. have you tried Foundation (I have Gold works a treat).

ace

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@acefnq

As I mentioned before, my copy of Foundation (Director's Cut) has erased itself from the CD!!!
I liked the game, shame I can't play it anymore.

Exodus doesn't work either. I just get Grim Reapers, even with the supposedly lifesaving patch... :(

Anyone knows if it's possible to play Freespace through AmigaInput? The GUI mentions an onboard joystick.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@BrandonLee

NIGHTLONG

Never had any success with this expensive piece of junk.

What's required?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Snuffy

Well, the PPC patch helped, but with a removed powerpc.library I don't know anymore.
It's not easy and I can't really remember, but I sure hope you have the fixed CD, otherwise you'll have (more) problems. If I find out I'll report here.

And the game is actually quite good!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but are there any new information about NAPALM on AOS4?

Mainly after the classic version has been released (since there is the paula.chip better accessible - IMHO there are AHI problems regarding NAPALM on AOS4 due to Chip dependencies)?

Or maybe I should open a new thread regarding this topic?

Best Regards

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@BrandonLee

On my opinion if old games are Nightlong or Payback (that they are not so old),not sometimes work and sometimes don't work,
they work someones ever and others don't work never.
I haven't tried any Amiga 1200/1300 game or PowerPC since ages maybe since update#4.

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@BrandonLee

Quote:

BrandonLee wrote:
@Lio

I only played Dynamite once or twice, but I'm a fan of Bomberman games.

PAYBACK
-works under certain conditions, but doesn't feel much stable. No sound, some menu options freeze the whole machine, but it's possible to play.

WARPSNES
-used to crash, but I guess it was because it expected to find the amigainput libs. Copied those and it runs fine and with USB joystick support apparently unscathed!

TZER0
-does not work...

NAPALM
-got much further than I'd ever did (the actual game pointer showed up), but then it's black screen all the way.

how would T-zer0 work ? unless you're either: using E-UAE, or a Classic with OS4...

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@agafaster

On Quake 3 I copied Team Arena and Urban Terror.Then I runned the game but it only shows a white screen and the pointer.Then it freezes my machine again.

What can I do with Quake 3?

More games:

-FOUNDATION GOLD:Cannot run at the moment maybe have I to
squeeze with the options?

-ZOMBIE MASSACRE:Not running here.

-JOYRIDE:How can I run this great game on my Amiga One?

Hope to see some good AGA games running on my Amiga One someday apart from MYST.

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@BrandonLee

Yes I believe Freespace supports the Gameport on your sound blaster or was it on your AmigaOne motherboard, if you can find old analog stick.

Anyway ?AmigaInputAnyware? is program I wrote it can be downloaded form OS4Depot,you can use your USB stick or USB pad to control your keyboard and or mouse.

You also need copy the AmigaInput stuff from AmigaOS4 update 4 or from AmigaOS4 Classic.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MamePPCA1

Quake 3 need lots of RAM, try to start whit out startup-sequence, se if that helps, I have a 512mb ram and old Radion RV7000 card and works quite well.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@LiveForIt

Thank you for the advice.

Maybe later I will try it without startup-sequence.

Thanks really I never thought Quake 3 needs more than 256 MB.

Ah on update#4 I did run Earth 2140 WarpOS,maybe 68k version works with July update?

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 »