Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
91 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 91

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »
Re: PPC games on OS4, please help
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@LiveForIt

Quote:
Any success whit the current update?
Sigh. No WarpOS software can work with the old powerpc.library on OS4 Final, the July 2007 update nor any future update of AmigaOS4.
Just because some WarpOS software doesn't crash immediately sometimes for some users, but trashes random memory instead, doesn't mean it works ...
The powerpc.library from Update4 doesn't and can't work with anything but the Update4 kernel (because of bugs in powerpc.library, not in the newer kernels, and unfortunately I didn't add a check for the kernel version and refusing to start it with other versions).

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@AmiKit

Quote:
Heretic II: still crashes on OS4pre4 even with native ixemul installed. It displays yellow recoverable alert at the end of installation when the registration window is about to open. I have Radeon 7000. Please help.
Sorry, no idea since I only have the demo version which uses a simple shell script to start the game.

Quote:
Wipeout2097 doesn't work or crashes, even on OS4pre4.
Disable "MipMapping" and "Play Intro", maybe "CD Audio" has to be disabled as well. And IIRC you must not wait too long before pressing a key after it displayed some pictures while loading or it will try to play an animation anyway which crashes.

Quote:
Shogo: still no go. Freezes as soon as the launcher is displayed. I experimented with the CDDA tooltypes, I also tried to disable them completely but with no succes Joerg, can you list your working tooltypes or send me the .info file please?
I'm using the following tooltypes, but I only have the demo version of Shogo and I'm using a Voodoo3.
Quote:
(MUTE)
WINDOW=NIL:
TOOLTIPS
POPUP
TIPTEXTHEIGHT=11
TIPTEXTNAME=Helvetica.font
*** Don't change these manually ***
ENABLEPOLYGAPFIX
ENABLETRIPLEBUFFER
ENABLETJUNCTS
COMMANDLINE=
SAVECOMMANDLINE
AUDIOCHANNELS=4
AHIUNIT=0
MIXFREQUENCY=1
MIXAHEAD=2048
REZLOAD
SOUNDCACHE=10000
TEXTURECACHE=10000
GENERALFILEBUFFER=64
MODELFILEBUFFER=1000
SOUNDFILEBUFFER=1000
PRECACHE=2
AMBIENTSOUNDS=0
SOUNDSYSTEM=1
CDDADEVICE=a1ide.device
CDDAUNIT=2

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

The Wipeout already works. As I already wrote, I just did not cold-rebooted when switching from OS4Final to OS4pre4.

I will try the tooltypes, thanks joerg! But I am afraid the difference is in the gfx card. Let's see.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@AmiKit

I hope that Hyperion seriuosly think of re-porting the game for the amiga os 4.0..

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@AmiKit

Quote:
I will try the tooltypes, thanks joerg! But I am afraid the difference is in the gfx card. Let's see.
No, the crashes in the launcher are not gfx card related, and you have to use software 3D anyway, in Shogo hardware 3D doesn't even work on a Voodoo3.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg

Quote:

joerg wrote:
@AmiKit

Quote:
Btw. what about Shogo? No go? Anyone?
Hardware 3D, especially on Radeon cards: Forget it. On my Voodoo3 the 1st level was nearly working correctly, but later there are lots of missing walls, etc.

I'm working on MiniGL at the moment, and there was a bug in the quad-strip rendering routines causing only the first quad to be rendered under certain circumstances (when lighting is switched on). This is probably what was causing those errors. I've fixed these.

Are there any other graphics bugs that you're aware of in MiniGL games?

Hans

Edited by Hans on 2007/11/6 2:18:40
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Hans

Quote:
Are there any other graphics bugs that you're aware of in MiniGL games?
I don't know which games use MiniGL and which don't. Additionally most of the problems with old WarpOS Warp3D software were only on Radeon gfx cards but not on my Voodoo3.

The Heretic II demo had a similar problem but there it depends on the version of W3D_Avenger.library used, with some versions it works without errors, with other versions of W3D_Avenger.library it had missing parts as well.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@AmiKit

Have you tried SMW & OTTD from OS4Depot? they too are OS4 Games.

Mikey C

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@AmiKit

Hey, I've got your avatar on a drinks coaster at my new gaff

Rude!

Nissan GTR '08
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Rogue

Quote:

Rogue wrote:
@AmiKit

Quote:
Btw. what about Shogo? No go? Anyone?

Still planning to do a port of Shogo to AmigaOS 4.0 whenever Thomas or me get a bit of time. The problem is that it will require practically a new port, since the old one did pull all sorts of dirty tricks to get the required performance. It was very much fine-tuned for a classic Amiga with WarpOS, and therefore emulation will probably not work.

We were planning to try port back the Linux version which used SDL and was endian-aware (it worked on PowerPC linux too) as a basis. Unfortunately, it is mostly a matter of time.

Or rather, the lack thereof.

Please do a new port I know you are super busy... but i bought Shogo long time ago just for support OS4 developing but then i never managed to run it.

Playing it on my SAM would be so great. Thanks!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Rogue
I never bought it when it came out (sorry!), but would be willing to buy it if there was a new port. I absolutely love the soundtrack (taken from the demo), and would no doubt eat-up all of the anime references.

Have you ever thought of cloning yourself?

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ChrisH

Yes, please all show your support for a new patch!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
WipeOut 2097 seems unsable also on a plain AmigaOS 4.1 Update 1 installation, as always it freeze during the race, please update the WarpOS library !

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I'm reviving this thread cause i have had a few problems even starting the installer under my OS 4.1.2 running on a Micro A1. I have tried to install Heretic 2 and Shogo but always at the beginning the same message pops up: " Interpreter: executing non function in line 24". What goes wrong here? I have never heard before of anyone facing this problem in relation with the aforementioned games. Any ideas appreciated!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
this is how i get most PPC games working.

OS3.9 and OS4.0 dual boot.

install the game lets say games using OS4.0 at some point it will fail, it does not matter at this point.

boot into OS3.9 and install the same game in the same draw you will be copying removing the old failed OS4.0 install of the game.

start the game and set it up and save it *software* mode.( OS3.9 ).

now boot into OS4.0 and the game should start in software mode you can change it to hardware GFX if drivers are availible.

NOTE: i think you can install this using UAE but im not sure.

also if the game needs extra files you may have to do this manually. you may also need OS4.0 warpemu.

any missing files just transfer from the OS3.9 system boot draw to OS4.0.

Edited by delshay on 2010/5/16 11:05:36
Edited by delshay on 2010/5/16 11:10:21
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@delshay

you can not install PPC games with UAE, simply because it does not emulate/support PPC but only 68k !

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Lio

As far as i remember, installation procedure itself for all those old PPC/WOS/Warp3d games it's just about copy and unpack files to the right place (by 68k functions of Installer, and alt). Only for playing itself games want ppc/wos/w3d.

Imho Delshay say that because (as far as i remember again), some of those games just hang OS4 on the moment of installation -> so, installing over uae will help to make working copy of game, and after that, you can copy/move it to aos4 and play in it.

@Delshay

I think you notice already, that most of active users with os4 not stuck with OS4.0 and with old classic hardware. Almost everyone today have a1/sam/peg/ and latest os4.1 with update 1/2, so, these remarks about os4.0 dual boot with os3.9 make no big sense for most of us ..

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
correct:

you have to try to install it first using OS4.x as some games change or add thing in the LIB,USER-START-UP and ENV:

not unless you want to do everything in manaully which im too lazy do.

Heretic II,Shogo,Quake II,Nightlong,Freespace,Feeble Files all work.

the only game that does not work with OS4.0 is Wipeout2097.

if you don`t have OS4.0 then just install the games on orginal amiga and drag all the files accross. this is how i got Quake II running i just draged it from my old hardrive to my CF card.

now all we need is a *16bit* version of the very first Quake. i wonder who can do it

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@delshay

Yeah you keep saying OS4 but what about with OS4.1?? under OS4.1 u2 none of the games apart from Q2 works

Mikey C

Mikey C

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
any ppc game that works on OS4.0 i can`t see it not working on OS4.1.

just drag the hole game from a old installation but before doing i find it *important* to run the game and save it software mode otherwise when you try to run it under OS4.x it does not work.

Heretic II is one of the games that i find must be set-up under 3.x in software mode under 3.x. it should then run under 4.x.

then add anything that mite be missing in the LIBS user-startup and ENV.

look in env under 3.x you will see the following draw for the following games if you have installed them

Shogo,Heretic II and Quake II

you may have to select *show all* from workbench to see the draw.

copy it to OS4.x ENV

if the game still fails then try droping the LIB file for that game in the OS4.x system LIBS.

you find the LIBS files in the game DIR or on the game CD.

you also need *WARPEMU* download from OSDEPOT.

i had lots of problems getting it to work but their do work and see no reason why it should not work on OS4.1

one last thing i also found that Shogo must also be set-up in software mode under OS3.x before transfer,otherwise it just won`t work.

Edited by delshay on 2010/5/16 19:56:55
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »