Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
113 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 113

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 »
Re: Amiga X1000 Poll
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I will probably buy this as well... actually... changed that... I will buy it. Although I think that 1200 euro is pretty much my limit.

And the AmigaONE would have to go... Perhaps AmigaKit will offer a trade-in? They could then sell the AmigaONE to another user at a nice price...

We will see...

MicroA1 - 800Mhz G3, 512MB
A1200 - 50Mhz 030, 16MB
CD32
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Skov

I will be getting one as well, but I only promise to get one if A-EON promise that the next model will be a laptop/netbook.

Unfortunately I more and more often find myself in the couch with my Ubuntu laptop than at the desk with my AmigaOne. I'm lazy after work

-

EDIT: Was just told Friday that my boss has problems getting work and that he wasn't sure that he had enough to keep me employed.
Looks like I'm out of job from 01.02 unless he gets a large contract during the next week or two. I am so sick and tired of this situation as I was just about to get my economy back in good condition and really liked my new job

Well there will absolutely be NO new amiga stuff for me 2010 and stuff I had planned to do and spend a long time on (for the Amiga) will not happen. What a crap weekend!

Edited by Troels on 2010/1/9 13:38:45
Bounty site for AmigaOS4! www.amigabounty.net
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Troels

Yes I quite agree, I would really like an OS4 laptop for my travels and for lounging around.

TrevorD

AmigaOne X1000 betatester
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@TrevorDick

I'll be getting one,have allready started saving. And i'm going for the max there is

X5000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@TrevorDick
Good, now you just need to convince your partners that a laptop design is also important. Doesn't have to be the fastest Amiga but long battery time please

Bounty site for AmigaOS4! www.amigabounty.net
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Put me up for a x1000 and later a laptop :)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Kicko

You're from sweden. You can't afford one

Lets hope everyone upgrader their machines to show support for hyperion. This is a brave and good move by them. We can now see that they want the best for os4. So do we.

Looks like from the poll that they'll alteast sell 22 machines Hehe

X5000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Kicko

+1

@TrevorD:
Good Job, Mate!!! *thumbsup*

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Steril606

Nice to see new members here. Welcome to our family.

Where are you from?

X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Steril606

One more member, you are going to save the world

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I'll buy it if it's cheaper than 1500$ and if there's a way to ship it properly to this remote outpost of Europe. (I'm glad I won't be paying the EU VAT)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Antique

Thanks for the warm welcome, I am from Munich, that little town where the annual oktoberfestival is held... ;)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I personally suspect that it is going to be around the ?1500/$2398/Euro1670 mark. Hopefully no higher, as that really would be "exclusive" ground, and rather hard to justify. But I don't think too much lower (maybe ?1300 ?), or it would be getting too close to 733MHz Sam440 prices (?700). And since it's a brand-new design, they have to make their lengthy design costs back

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information

Edited by nicholastaylor on 2015/2/20 17:22:46
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Chris

im keeping the A1 :) and getting the X1000 no matter what the cost is :)
the A1 has served me well its like one of me kids could never sell it :)

Amiga is the heart and soul of computing nothing else comes close
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@nicholastaylor

Welcome to amigans.net.

Quote:

nicholastaylor wrote:
Hello Amiga people

Okay, I've been playing with mono. An excellent cross platform .net devkit. I want it to compile to amiga please.

If not, then please some clever person. Make something that compiles the same code to amiga os4.1

Porting Mono would be a major effort. A while ago, there was someone who said that he had started, but it came to nothing.

There were a few other people who expressed an interest, so you might be able to find enough people to give porting it a go.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information

Edited by nicholastaylor on 2015/2/20 17:33:05
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Troels

Quote:

Troels wrote:
@TrevorDick
Good, now you just need to convince your partners that a laptop design is also important. Doesn't have to be the fastest Amiga but long battery time please

Agreed. Battery life is very important for a laptop. My current laptop lasts less than 3 hours. Ideally a laptop would run all day without requiring charging so that you could leave the power brick at home. That's a pretty big ask, considering that I'd still like okay performance, size, and weight (and price too), but it would be great if someone could make it happen. Even if the batteries lasted for 6 hours, it would still be a good step up from what I have now.

Hans

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@nicholastaylor

Quote:

nicholastaylor wrote:
@Hans

I am so excited about the new Amiga.

Well, what I propose to do is to carry on as I have been doing and finish the game in C# using Mono, and keep my ears and eyes peeled for Novell to support the Amiga.

If Novell decide to reject the Amiga then once the game is up and running then I will either port the game to the Amiga, enhancing and optimising the code wherever I can for the Amiga, or help port Mono to the Amiga.

Amiga Amiga Amiga.. I can't stop saying it. It has been so long!

I wouldn't expect Novell to support the Amiga, so be prepared to port Mono yourself. There are others who want it too, so you wouldn't be alone though.

Hans

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I would like to have one. Whether I'll actually get one depends on:

1) The final selling price (so far it's just specualtion)
2) My financial situation at the time (like if I have any major repairs I have to pay for)
3) What it will do for ME that my A1 doesn't already do.

Regardless I'm not going to be an 'early adopter' this time. I'll wait and see what people have to say when they actually get their hands on one. See if there are any hardware issues, etc...

'non fixed' A1XE, USB card, Sil 0680 IDE, 512mb RAM, Radeon 9250, OS4.1 Update 5
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 »