Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
213 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 212

Firetail, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 »
Re: Firefox coming to OS4.1 !!!
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@tfrieden

I guess it is too early to tell but do you think it will work with 256MB ram or will require 512MB ram on A1s ?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@tfrieden

I've asked you that because I'd like to know if I would develop a XULRunner project (without to use any native feature of dev platform) what chances I could have to see my project to be execured on OS4...
I search for days what modules are included into Mozilla framework which aren't included in Firefox, bet they have written only there are modules not used by firefox, without to tell us what are them

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Sinan
Since OS4.1 supports virtual memory (paging), I guess it will work on 256MB (although potentially not very fast if it's usage greatly exceeds 256MB).

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ShInKurO

XULrunner applications should run, yes.

@sinan

Memory consumption will be similar to that on all other platforms that Firefox works on. We will not be able to change that.

The memory consumption solely depends on the web pages you view...

@all

For your enjoyment, there's a new update on amigabounty.net, along with two new screenshots:

Shot1
Shot2

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tfrieden

Screenshots looking good. Keep up the good work.

X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tfrieden

Awesome

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
she's looooooking good

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tfrieden

Good progress, but what about showing any "heavy" www page ?:) Friden's one pretty simply and primitive to say somethink ..

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tfrieden

Impressive ...

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:

kas1e wrote:
@tfrieden

Good progress, but what about showing any "heavy" www page ?:) Friden's one pretty simply and primitive to say somethink ..

As Thom wrote in the update message, there are a few rendering errors on some web pages. In addition, there was an odd error during rendering created by degenerated rectangles when calculating damage regions. I think that one's fixed now, not sure though.

And yeah, I know our web page is pretty primitive, it was supposed to be viewable with IBrowse.

Seriously, if you do want to contact me write me a mail. You're more likely to get a reply then.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Good work :)

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Drat! Can't find dancing Banans here! A Pint then,
Cheers!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Nice progress

AmigaOS 4.1 FE Update 2 on Sam440ep-flex, 800Mhz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9250 Resized Image
A1200/040, 2+4MB, external 3.5''HDD / A1200 (spare) / A500+ (sold) / C128 (sold)
http://m4rko.com/AMIGA
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Very, very nice!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Rogue
Understand ..

So, looks like you fix these "Race condition" bugs which cause problems with network before ?

From the user-side look, looks like you are done all the hardcore work => so, plans are the same for beta binary: somethere in the next 2 monts ?

Also i noticed for now, that CPU loading are 97% on first screenshot, and 100% on second screenshot. Did it mean that current FF loaded CPU heavy , or it's was by any other reassons ?

PS. btw, a bit offtopic question: why on all screenshots, intuition windowses still the same simply and primitive, like on public os4.1 which we all have for now ? I mean i think before, than beta versions of os4 already have new and impovement intuition look, and a bit strange to see currect screenshots which show that is not .. Or it's just "optionable" and by default, look are always "simply/primitive" ?

@all

3996.47 EUR Out of 4177.29 EUR originally submitted.

Nice ! 4 thousands EUR it's already pretty nice piece of money for 2 guys, and i am sure there will be more after first beta-binary (expectualy i am will spend 100 after all).

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@DAX
We had to bar the Banana family after the Incident.

@Friedens
Nice work!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
From the user-side look, looks like you are done all the hardcore work => so, plans are the same for beta binary: somethere in the next 2 monts ?

We won't give any timeframes, sorry.

Quote:
Also i noticed for now, that CPU loading are 97% on first screenshot, and 100% on second screenshot. Did it mean that current FF loaded CPU heavy , or it's was by any other reassons ?

As I said before, I use a shell on a serial terminal to capture debug output (from stdout, stderr and DebugPrintF intermixed). As you know, serial output is slow and loads the cpu because it basically busy-waits on the availability of the serial port. TW currently outputs tons of debug information, even when it's doing nothing, therefore, the CPU load is always high.

Quote:
PS. btw, a bit offtopic question: why on all screenshots, intuition windowses still the same simply and primitive, like on public os4.1 which we all have for now

There's currently no plan that I am aware of to change the look in Intuition. Besides, I don't see how this is "primitive". Sure, it's not the fancy overkill of Vista or Win7, but there are no plans for that right now (plus, you can create such a style for yourself, minus the blurring).

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tfrieden

Sorry, maybe i understand somethink wrong, but did not that default intuition look for upcoming update? I just think before, that is it. Or it's just optional "theme"?

Anyway, good to see progress on FF. Hope you will release beta binaryes soon :)

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:

kas1e wrote:
@tfrieden

Sorry, maybe i understand somethink wrong, but did not that default intuition look for upcoming update? I just think before, that is it. Or it's just optional "theme"?

i presonally really hope that it is only an optional theme!

byebye...

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:

kas1e wrote:
@tfrieden

Anyway, good to see progress on FF. Hope you will release beta binaryes soon :)

That's "just" a theme. The default theme for intuition is what you see in the Timberwolf screenshots, drop shadows and all

Seriously, if you do want to contact me write me a mail. You're more likely to get a reply then.
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 »