Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
126 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 126

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 »
Re: OWB 3.8
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@all

Here crashes also. expat.library is also installed.

I'm trying to delete the owb directory (which was updated) and install it again.

Thanks anyway to all involved coders.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I don't get any crashes

what do you people do on your browsers?

lol

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
No crashes for me, but want to say some words:

Loading of OWB are the same as 3.7 (i.e 5-7 seconds for sure, not like 'very fast').

Downloading are works, but download manager are must. I.e. for check how many % are downloaded and how many are still in a way. Also resume/pause options for download manager are need it. Somethink like Ibrowse one. Of course need to allow to download many files in one time. Not only one ;)

And about OWB itself, it's possible to do somethink "open link in new tab" ?

ps. Also 'history' of links works a bit strange. I.e. for example run browser, then press twice on 'about', and type "a". It must show all the links which begining on 'a', but it's not. And press 'backspace' on kind of on keyabord, to make it works.

@Slayer, i think they visit heavy and modern sites (like facebook and so on), and not only amiga related ones which are easy to parse :)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

I understand that... perhaps

on your notes about a more extensive download manager I noticed that also but I don't think it needs to be outlined... The man knows what needs to be done...

I would have rathered mentioned something like 'the downloading works fine, and I look forward to a more mature implementation... thanks for the update!'

But that's me I suppose... I guess I'm too understanding and sensible

I just want to allow people to breath and more importantly get acknowledgement without the 'constructive insights' of tommorrow...

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Slayer

For sure i agree. I just see that at this moment aos4 start to have some pretty modern and good application, and need to help to authors made it good. (i.e. some bug reports from me :) )

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Kicko

I just find it very slow under facebook, but 3.7 was the same. It can take an age of inactivity between pages.

A1XE G4 800Mhz, 512Mb, Sil0680, ATI9200se 128Mb, Sounblaster Live & Catweazle Mk3 with SID chip +OS4.1.
A4000 233MhzPPC/04025Mhz, 112Mb, CyberPPC, OS3.9
Other Amiga's A4000, A2000 A500+, A500 & various hardware. 15+ other retro machines.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I also got two crashes with this one (on two separate webpages) already.

Despite the fact that the releasenotes says the GMail issue should be resolved, it seems to work here as before, I can only send mails in html mode.

It seems that the URL History will only work if you run OWB on the Workbench screen (because the drop-down selection always opens on the Workbench screen), I already fixed this in the gadget so that will be resolved with the next update.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@COBRA

Quote:
It seems that the URL History will only work if you run OWB on the Workbench screen (because the drop-down selection always opens on the Workbench screen), I already fixed this in the gadget so that will be resolved with the next update.

Oh, that's why I wasn't seeing the history. Thanks for finding (and already fixing) the problem.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Arnie

Yup it crashes on facebook aswell as being slooooow!
I'm guessing java script is slowing it down, why is this so slow when enabled in Amiga browsers? I hate to think how slow full Java would be.

Otherwise it seems quite responsive and downloading is at last implemented, though i would like to see some form of progress indicator.

A1XE G4 800Mhz, 512Mb, Sil0680, ATI9200se 128Mb, Sounblaster Live & Catweazle Mk3 with SID chip +OS4.1.
A4000 233MhzPPC/04025Mhz, 112Mb, CyberPPC, OS3.9
Other Amiga's A4000, A2000 A500+, A500 & various hardware. 15+ other retro machines.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@samo79

This browser just keeps getting better and better

When I updated to 3.8 nothing happend when I tried tp launch OWB. I then used IBrowse to look at this thead and fount out that I needed expat library. Now it works

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all

It crashes here, because it constantly eats away memory (on sites like sourceforge.net for example, it just asits there, but in the background something is going on, mayber those ads aswell?) until it goes down to showing the first GR which can be Ignored, the second and third GR soon after will normally drag down the system ... strange

Plus it looses all cookies, because it doesn't seem to write to the cookie file i gave it in Tooltypes COOKIEDB=Cache:OWB/CookieDB
I have to log in everytime i visit, last access to CookieDB was yesterday O_o

Download feature is great, can't wait until i can point it to a download directory

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Random crashes here also.
Actually used the download feature not noticing that it had been added.
Need to get more sleep.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Menthos

Quote:
Seems to need expat.library...

Yes, I found OWB 3.8 won't launch without it.

Only one GR so far. It was on amigaworld of all places while I was writing a post. Croaked while opening the smilie page.

Downloaded an mp3 file just fine. Cool.

---
redfox

Edited by redfox on 2009/3/28 21:14:18
Edited by redfox on 2009/3/28 21:16:20
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@JOERG

i have some crash on facebook site specilly chat, this is the log:

http://crashlog.os4depot.net/cl158

Mod's note: please don't submit crashlogs in forum comments as it makes the forums unreadable, use the os4depot.net crashlog site and link to the submitted crashlog. I did it for you this time.

Edited by COBRA on 2009/3/28 23:08:40
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@sofistisoftware

Put crashlogs to http://crashlog.os4depot.net/ don't put them into forum threads.

@all
I switched back to 3.7 because 3.8 was crashing all the time. Don't know what's the problem.

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@TSK

The same here...Using 3.8 only for Rapidshare ;) and 3.7 is faster :D

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich

Warp - Croatian Amiga portal
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:

And about OWB itself, it's possible to do somethink "open link in new tab" ?

use your MMB over a link !

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Here's a new bug that I found after updating to 3.8
that wasn't present in 3.7

http://mirror.bom.gov.au/products/IDR503.loop.shtml

The three switches; Location, Range, Topography
are on by default when initially drawing,
however, after the image finishes loading, the switches
just turn themselves off.

You have to then turn them back on, and when it refreshes
after about 5 minutes, they go off again.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Seems it is not possible to use the scroll feature in the history dropdown; if I click on either the scrollbar gutter or the arrows, it reacts just like if I click on the main list -- it closes

Reproduction of course requires a history list longer than the number of lines displayed in the dropdown, but otherwise, can anyone else confirm?

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@colinw

Have you tried those displays with Firefox or IE? The sites are really badly designed. I have put in several bug reports but no feedback or action. They probably paid outside consultants a fortune but can't get the pages finished.

cheers
tony
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 »