Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
172 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 172

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 »
Re: OWB 2.7
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

Thanks, Joerg. I can open just about anything now without getting a DSI like I got in some of the earlier versions of Blastoise. I've done a couple of complete shopping trips at Newegg with 2.7

Once we have bookmarks back or Arexx (for PEB's address book) I won't need much else.

Paul

posted with 2.7

Builder of Frankenthousand The monster A1000
The Young Frankenthousand A1-XE G4
X5000
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

I post fairly often over at amigaworld. Tonight I came across something that I have encountered before, but thought it had been fixed.

I was trying to post a reply to a comment made about a news item. It the bottom of the text form there is a dropdown where you select Preview or Post Comment and click the Go! button.

How do I select "Post Comment".

After several unsuccessful attempts, I tried OWB 2.6 and got the same results.

Finally used AWeb.

---
redfox

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@redfox

Click the box three times and use the Cursorkeys up and down.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ZeroG

Yeah the lack of a proper cycle gadget for multiselect gadgets is really missing in OWB, but I guess it's just a matter of time...

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@pjs

Quote:
As near as I can tell, the new OWB seems to hang about 1/6th
of the way through the progress bar if you provide it with any
CLI paramaters... at that point, all I can do is close the
window... there is nothing on the serial port that indicates
a crash, per se.
OWB doesn't display HTTP, name server, time out, etc. errors. If your provider has a proxy you can use it in OWB by setting the http_proxy or ALL_PROXY (if you want to use it for ftp, etc. as well) environment variable (setenv SAVE http_proxy "http://proxy.foo.bar:3128") and get such errors displayed by the proxy.

Quote:
Besides window size parameters that used to work on 2.6, even
just providing a URL causes this to happen, like:

OWB www.google.com

Of course, this pretty well kills my script for transferring
pages from IBrowse, when needed... :-/

Any ideas?
Window size parameters were only supported by OWB Blastoise (1.x), and it added "http://" if no protocol was specified for the URL. The only argument supported by OWB Doduo is a complete URL, you have to use "OWB http://www.google.com/".

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

A crash of OWB2.7.

Go to
http://whathifi.com/
"Forums" tab
"Hi-Fi"
"Cyrus "SE" CD player troubles"
and then click on a members name to view their profile.

Crashlog follows;

Edit: Please don't post crash logs in the forum. Post them at http://crashlog.os4depot.net

Edited by orgin on 2008/8/31 21:51:16
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@COBRA

Quote:
1. It takes relatively long for OWB to start (I measured it to be about 8 seconds or so from double-clicking of the OWB icon to the Window opening). If the startup time cannot be shortened, maybe opening the window sooner, or adding some startup progress bar or similar would be good as the user would at least be aware that something is actually happening.
I got a splash screen image from Mason for that some months ago already, but the problem is that OWB does open the window nearly immediately, something else could only be displayed by OWB less than 1/10 second before the window is opened. It simply takes that long to load and relocate the about 20 MB OWB executable (incl. shared objects) and before everything is loaded no code of it is executed.

If you have OWB or SOBJS: on a FFS partition using a SFS partition instead should be faster, if both are on a SFS partition already defragmenting the partition can help.

The only way to display something while OWB is loading would be a small executable for example displaying a splash screen and using something like "wbrun OWB", but that's something others could implement as well since it doesn't need any changes in OWB.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
OWB 2.7 crashed when i logg into myspace. Transfer bar goes to about 70% and then the grim appears. Can anyone confirm this ?

This is os4 on a1. I sent the crashlog to joerg.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@joerg

When OWB opens a new window the page is not rendered full window size but only using partial size. When I resize the window it's rendering to full window size. It works this way if I use only WINDOWWIDTH and WINDOWHEIGHT tooltypes without WIDTH and HEIGHT tooltypes. If I use all those tooltypes together and I use the same values for both different size tooltypes (window and non-window) then it will render outside of window limits. If I remove WINDOWWIDTH and WINDOWHEIGHT tooltypes then it works correctly.

Edited by TSK on 2008/9/1 2:33:05
Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ZeroG

No matter what ancient incantations or curses I utter, I cannot make it happen using the method you described.

I have tried many combinations of [ctrl] [alt] [shift] [left windows key] and holding down the left mouse button and using the down arrow. Eventually, if I click outside the box, the message in the box changes from "Preview" to "Post Comment" and I can click the Go! button to send my post.

However I cannot get it to happen twice in a row using the same sequence of keystrokes and clicks.

The only saving grace is that I can now copy from the message window and fire up AWeb or IBrowse and paste in the message window there. AWeb has a drop-down type select gadget. IBrowse has the circular type cycle gadget. In any case, these old browsers know what to do.

For me, this is the only remaining stumbling block I have with OWB at this time. Most of the web sites I visit work perfectly fine. I can post to the normal forums at amiga.org and amigaworld.net and amigans.net. In fact I was using OWB 2.6 and 2.7 almost exclusively until I stumbled across this problem posting to news items or replying to posts to news items. I know I have encountered this problem before in the past with one of the older versions but the sequence of clicks and keystrokes I used with the older version does not work with OWB 2.6 or OWB 2,7.

---
redfox

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@orgin

My apologies for posting the crashlog at post #26, obviously I wasn't aware of the crashlog link.
I couldn't find an email address for joerg, hence why I posted here. Thanks for the info.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@joerg

OK, I didn't know how sobjs work, if no code can be executed before those are loaded then there's not much you can do except not using sobjs or using a small starter executable to start the actualy OWB executable like you mentioned. Or it might also be interesting to make OWB into a shared library, and the GUI frontend would be the "small executable". But I'm not sure if it's possible to make a shared lib that uses sobjs. But I like the idea of a shared library or something similar as it would allow anyone to make a GUI frontend for it using their favourite GUI toolkit, or it might even be possible to integrate it into an existing browser like AWeb.

BTW I am using SFS.

Edited by COBRA on 2008/9/1 10:45:05
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@RedFox:

Sometimes it works, sometimes no. Sometime, I click twice and the thee times. Then, I can use cursor keys to navigate.

For sure it works, for everyone, keep trying (and don't use any key combination, it's no use for that).

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@joerg

my first post in owb 2.7, wow, it is much faster now! GOOD work!

typing text feels a bit jerky still though.
if you press a key like this kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
it feels jerky and there's some latency between a key stroke and the char popping up on screen.
add tabs and a shortcuts menu and i will use this as my main browser.

the reply button in PM's on this site isn't working btw.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:
- Added WINDOWLEFT, WINDOWTOP, WINDOWWIDTH and WINDOWHEIGHT tooltypes
for configuring the position and size of the window.
WINDOWWIDTH and WINDOWHEIGHT are broken in 2.7, will be fixed in the next update.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

About the splasher:

I could do it but I think it would be nice to have the Arexx port in OWB again to have something to check that OWB is open and running.
Or is there some other good way to check if an application is up and running?

/Me, myself and A1G4!
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

bug in c&p function: if you paste text in ASCII extended with for example ????? from another program you will have this:

�����

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ShInKurO

Quote:
bug in c&p function: if you paste text in ASCII extended with for example ????? from another program you will have this:
It's not really a bug in OWB but a limit of the AmigaOS clipboard, text copied to/from the clipboard by OWB is/has to be UTF-8 encoded, using a 8 bit charset you couldn't for example copy&paste Chinese texts. Since there is no charset stored in the AmigaOS clipboard I can check if it's something else and convert it to UTF-8 before passing it to OWB. I could add a check if it's valid UTF-8 and if not assume it's in the current system default charset, but that wouldn't fix the general problem.

In any case where texts are used without their charsets there are only 2 options which make sense: Limit it to US-ASCII which is the same in all 8 bit charsets supported by AmigaOS4 as well as in UTF-8, i.e. remove everything or replace by '?'s which isn't an US-ASCII char, or use UTF-8.

AFAIK all AmigaOS programs have similar problems, for example if you copy something from a program using the Greek 8 bit charset (ISO-8859-7) and paste it to program using the Cyrillic one (ISO-8859-5) you get wrong chars as well. To fix such problems either the charset has to be added, which may be possible in the clipboard, or use UTF-8, which is the only solution in other cases like file names where a charset can't be added.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@joerg

Ahh, but Amiga clipboards store everything as IFF. Does FTXT have a charset chunk? If so, people can start including charset information on the clipboard right now. Otherwise, I think Hyperion should define one.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@xeron

IFF-FTXT has a charset chunk, it is called CSET and i know that TetiSoft has updated the CSET chunk spec for OS4. It should be in the new SDK.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 »