Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
96 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 96

more...

Headlines

Register To PostTopic is Locked  

(1) 2 3 »
Amiga X5000 and Sound Blaster Audigy FX problem
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
This card should work but no sound card is shown in the Sound settings. Devs audiomodes and ahi side have emu10kx and hdaudio files.

Sysmon informs that there is Creative Labs Sound Core3D (Sound Blaster Recon3D/Z-Series)

The card is new and model is SB1570.

Please help!)

Go to top
Re: Amiga X5000 and Sound Blaster Audigy FX problem
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Now i installed HDAUDIO.lha package which gave me all settings in Sound settings and new mixer also, there is no sound however

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi,

Where did you get HDmixer?

I'm looking for it too.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Firetail

Have you installed this driver?

http://se.os4depot.net/?function=show ... ver/audio/hdaudio_ahi.lha

Read the driver installation documentation in PDF.

History:
6.11: (28 Jan 2023)
- Added autoswitch for recording buffer format
- Removed Mixer option to limit Recording resolution to 16bit.
- Added X1000 support
- Created User Manual
- Small optimizations

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hey! Thanks, I was looking for it on OS4dépôt but couldn't get my hands on it

I don't know why I couldn't find it?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@skynet

The author removed the driver from OS4depot.net.
There will be a different driver supplier.

The link is from the server mirror copy :) :) :)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I was using wrong output in back of the sound card :)

Now everything works fine.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@amig_os

The file doesn't exist. Apart from that the Depot has been messed up. I can't add any comments anywhere.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
[removed the link and the comment for that driver since it is against author's license - walkero]

Edited by walkero on 2024/4/27 1:43:22
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Great. A certain Italian manufacturer shipped my driver illegally with the sam460 LE.
And certain users keep pointing to the driver when it is clear that I do not want this.

As a result I will not:
- Distribute it again
- Release updated versions
- Release any other drivers and software and stacks except one that is already scheduled for release.

Have fun with this outdated driver.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@geennaam
While i am fully on your side, i still should say it: Its only on amiga we made problems while there is none. Certain italian manufacturer is only the one keeping amiga-ng hardware for us. Point on them like they rob anyone with words "illegaly" is too much, for sure. Guys tried to keep it all alive for many years, and claim that they "illegaly" take a driver from os4depot and give it to users to make them have less problems is too much. Max and others always very helpfull, always produce hardware for us, always produce fixes and updates for uboot, which surely didnt cover a shit on their so called sales. Even if you feel its bad that they include your driver for users , why not forgive them for in favor of what they do for years ?

You made driver in first place for users, rigth ? Then, wtf play this premadona games like removing/not removing blabla ?

Yes, we lack developers, yes you are good one, yes, we need developers like you, but why on earth all skilled devs at first always please the community, and then plays all this poses, child-kind things, finding guilties and all that ?

What you expect from ppls ? That everyone will respect your wishes ? Especialy those "there is driver, no there is no driver" ? Why not give whole thing mature rest, and just keep doing stuff instead of bringing drama while there is none ?

If you have no interest in something - dont do it. If you have - do it. Playing emotional games werent strong mature thing ever.

This Italian manufacturer may forget to read readme and ask you, or whatever : give them a rest in favor of their past and present activites. Some user put link onvwebarchive with old driver ppls need ? Give them a rest as they only wish to help.

As i say, i fully at your side, and yes, things may be sorted better, but you skilked dev and a adequate one, why on eartg you want to block someone from using your driver, why you ever wrote that then ?

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@geennaam

Sorry, but it is not the user's fault that certain Amiga vendors keep bundling a non-supported audio card with their systems.

People spend a lot of money for systems and just want to get sound.

I also spend ~2.5k for my X5020 that also came with an Audigy (and no driver for it at all)...

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
How stupid of me.
It is all my fault that I released something for free with just a distribution license where I wanted to make sure that nobody is making money from my work without out my consent.

I should have known that the Amiga way is to only release items with extremely high price tags. Otherwise it's considered public domain and you have no say over your own property.

All I wanted is to have a different way to distribute my drivers. You know, my drivers where I put months of time in that I could also have spend with my wife and kids.

But apparently this is emotional talk. So I will shut up now and be on my way.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@geennaam
I never said it is your fault. And it is not the fault of users trying to get the drivers to get sound.

It is the fault of companies that either:
- distribute your driver without your consent
- company that bundle non-supported audio cards with their full systems.

It is really shitty what the companies do. But do not blame users that just want to have a working system.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@geennaam

It goes without any question that ACube should have asked you for permission first, and negotiated reasonable conditions for bundling your driver with their hardware. ACube is clearly at fault here.

As for the OS4depot.net distribution, the driver was duly taken down upon your request. That some copy can still be fished out of the archive is a sad fact of the Internet; I doubt the OS4depot maintainer can do much about it, or be held responsible.

Quote:
All I wanted is to have a different way to distribute my drivers.

And nobody has ever disputed your wish! You could easily start asking a fair price for your driver to be paid directly to you, should a user decide to use an AudigyFX or a compatible card with their OS4 hardware. All you have to do is put your driver on offer - the ball is on your side of the pitch, and has been for many months now. We are all eagerly waiting, money in hand.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@geennaam
You really think Acube "making money" ? And that they "illegally" rob you with exactly this intention to "make money" on your driver ? It sounds too much. Even if they forget to read readme, its your business with them. Wrote to max, explain what wrong with, and be done with. No needs for "i will, i will not". Dont want - dont do. If want - do. No one need all this driver uploads and then druver removal.

Pure users shouldnt have all this drama on them if you made driver for them. You cant expect understanding on this "i remove driver" and put users in position of digging into your explaining of why it was for them, but now its not for them.

If you think Acube making money on your driver, and you cant talk with them about, let me cover all your fees for those 20-30 solded Sams, if that make you end all this "i will, i will not". How much you need for ?

We all mature persons for all this "if else i will i will not" : users dont care about reassons and emotions, they care about final thing to use. If what Acube did for users (and not fir money as you may think), i will happy cover all the fees for you for every board they sold with your driver which no one should ever find anymore as then you will not work on amigang stuff anymore. Its jyst funny, even if you see it as someone rob you. You by some reassons dont want to deal with and forget, but throw it at users.

Ps. If you cant deal with things you dont like, you need to know how amiga (dark) side can be, and this should not broke your intentions. For real, its just really bad to upload, and then remove driver. I didnt wrote about before, as were in hope you will deal with already, as you always sounds logical. Strange why in end of all it turns like this. But as i say i can cover for you all the fees you may think Acube should back at you. Just think of me as their worker, and i will deal with Max myself after, but the covering of fee will be done by me, no problems.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
If we would like this community to remain alive and vibrant, the users should be helped to have fun with their computers as much as possible, with less problems.

@geennaam
The reason people are trying to find the driver here and there, as others mentioned previously, it is because they want their hardware to be usable. In my opinion, it is your fault you didn't establish yet, after so much time, a way for everyone to get the driver from any other "legal" source. It is effortless nowadays to set up a simple page to sell your drivers. This way, anyone would link to your website and the only source will be yours.

I would suggest you set up a ko-fi page (ko-fi.com) which provides that feature, having products and people buy them, and it is easy to configure. I would be more than happy to help you with that if you need help.

Have also in mind that this is not going to protect you from "piracy". I have seen people doing that with software even nowadays. OS4 and OS3 are shared openly. Archive.org has them as well. And that has been happening for decades, and I do not expect it to change.

Threatening and blaming the community (again) doesn't help nor you nor anyone. So, please, do the best you can and want to do, and spare the drama. If ACube made a mistake, speak with them and solve it. I do not believe they had any bad intentions, nor they got rich by selling Audigy FX cards.

What it needs is a willingness to solve issues and not create more.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@geennaam
In any case, it will be a pitty, if you will stop your work with AmigaOS.
( I don't mean to say that spending more time with your wife and children is not good )

I was always most looking forward to the third driver from your avatar...

AmigaOS3: Amiga 1200
AmigaOS4: Micro A1-C, AmigaOne XE, Pegasos II, Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOne X1000
MorphOS: Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Pegasos II, Powerbook, Mac Mini, iMac, Powermac Quad
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Every time I read that some company is making money by developing Amiga hardware I can't help but laugh out loud. Every time I read that a developer believes he can make money with Amiga software development I can't help but laugh out loud. Some things are done out of passion and that's it, if you have other expectations it means that more than 30 years of Amiga history have taught us nothing in this regard. I am Italian like the people responsible for Acube but this is not what makes me take a stand in their favor, in fact we don't know each other. I am absolutely certain that Acube inserted the driver not to make money but only to support users. Anyone who doesn't understand this is probably because they don't want to understand it, so the question is closed.

Memento audere semper!
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Wow, just wow.

I knew that some people in the Amiga community had to gain their bearings and set their moral compass. For it was pointing in the wrong direction.

But today the usual suspects displayed actually that they don't have one at all. They're just driven by greed and selfishness.

Well, too bad for those that mean well. My apologies that I have released software in the first place.

Go to top

Register To PostTopic is Locked
(1) 2 3 »