Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
121 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 121

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »
Re: Who is getting the A1222 Plus?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Now that the A1222+ is available for pre-order and early adopters have been contacted, who has ordered one?

I put in an order back in October, and have a hope to receive the system before the holidays.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@AmigaOldskooler

If they stuck to the plan of creating an affordable entry level NG Amiga i would. So No, i will not go for the A1222.

AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / ATI X1950 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS 4.1 FE / Linux / MorphOS
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the NET
Vampire V4SE TrioBoot
RPI4 AmiKit XE
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I got my order confirmed, expected to arrive now in december !
Looking forward to it

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@mcleppa

Quote:
I got my order confirmed, expected to arrive now in december ! Looking forward to it

Wow! Nice! Early adopter or did you pre-order this autumn like me?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@AmigaOldskooler

Early adopter

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@mcleppa

Ok, thanks for the info. Hope you'll let us know when it arrives! Would love to see photos.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I have an X5000 and a Sam460. No need for me to buy the A1222+. The only reason I would buy one would be if I wanted to give it to someone that has an interest in "NG" Amigas but doesn't have the funds or doesn't want to pay that much for a niche computer.

Current Amiga computers: Vampire V4-SA, Sam460ex, A1-X5000/020
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Skateman

Same here, it's just too costly at this point. I understand prices go up, and things happen, but this much of an increase is too much for this poor man to afford.

If they could have sold boards alone in the $600 range and full systems for $999, more would sell and bring a few folks out of the woodwork to buy, but at $1600 that is a huge chunk of change for a full system.

I wish them the best though and hope they sell all those 110 they have made.

TJ

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@all

You can still get a X5000/20 motherboard from Gunne at GGSData,
it's 19970 SEK ~ 1520 GBP ~ 1770 EUR ~ 1907 USD.

http://www.ggsdata.se/Datorer/amiga-en.php

And if you order, expect a phone call from Sweden.
Gunne always call to confirm the order, customer support #1.

1989-> A500, A600, A3000, A4000, A1200, CD32, µA1, PegII, A1XE, CDTV, Amy/416D79, A1X5000, Vampire 500 V2+, Vampire 600 V2, Amy-ITX, Denise ITX <-2024
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
If I would not have owned a X5000, I would have bought the A1222 for sure. In the same way that if I would have been able to buy an Amiga 4000 as teenager, I would not have owned an Amiga 1200.

The A1222 is quite capable for everything OS4.

For me, EUR 1000 for the third fastest Amiga ever build sounds like a bargain. Especially when you consider the price of ancient big box Amigas. Even today.

If multicore would ever materialize, it will consolidate its third place even further.

But unfortunately we live in a different world where aliexpress and rpi seems to be the benchmark for anything Amiga that is not 68k based.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@geennaam

yeh, also a good way to think about it.

I think if you have no AmigaOne at the moment, you can for sure get a complete A1222 cheaper than an X5K Motherboard alone, and sure over time more stuff will happen for the A1222.

The day (if) multicore in the OS does happen, I think a whole fresh breath of life can happen in the Amiga OS on PPC world we live in.

Extra power never hurt anyone other than Tim Allen. haha

TJ

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Early adopter here and no word from anyone?
Who do we contact?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@outlawal2

I think that you need to contact Laurant from AAA technology in Luxembourg.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@outlawal2

I used this contact form on a-eon website and got reply from Laurent

http://www.a-eon.com/?page=contact&subject=sales

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@outlawal2
Quote:
Early adopter here and no word from anyone?

I just completed my order today. I'm an early adapter as well and hadn't received a notice yet either. I suspect they are working their way through the list.

I emailed Laurent to get the ball rolling. I received a reply with some details and instruction on how to proceed.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thanks for the suggestions I tried this form.

Totally getting the runaround from Amigakit as they sent an email THAT I WAS ACTIVELY reading when they recalled it and it disappeared. Then I went back and forth with them saying I didn't order AAA (Yes I did and I even provided a screenshopt of the order from THEIR website.) Then they said OH you didn't register. Umm yes I did 2 YEARS ago and once again I provided a screenshot showing me LOGGED IN to the site. Then they said Oh we don't handle that Amisphere will.

And they refuse to send me the original email that I was reading that had the pricing info on it.

This abortion of a project continues to get worse and worse

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@outlawal2

I cannot second your experience.

I am participant of early adopter and I had AAA package. At November 20th I received email from Laurent with the same offer like bigmac wrote here.

We exchanged several emails, communication was fine and I completed the order.

Edited by sailor on 2023/12/11 18:20:32
AmigaOS3: Amiga 1200
AmigaOS4: Micro A1-C, AmigaOne XE, Pegasos II, Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOne X1000
MorphOS: Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Pegasos II, Powerbook, Mac Mini, iMac, Powermac Quad
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@sailor

That is exactly the email I saw for about 10 seconds before it disappeared... So looks like some kind of automated system generated thing that for whatever reason recalled it shortly after.

My guess being that I was inquiring while logged in to my work email (so their system does not recognize it) and then it retracted immediately.) Gotta love cloud based systems and what they can do with them today.

So now how do I get that email back so I can respond back to them? I filled out the form you guys recommended so I guess I just wait I some more at this point. Been since 2015 so what is another coupla years right?

Does anyone have a direct email address for this Laurent?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@outlawal2

You'll find the e-mail-address on the Facebook page of AAA:

https://www.facebook.com/aaatechnologysarl/

The one listed is the one I used to get in touch with them.

My experience is that Laurent usually replies quickly to e-mails, so hopefully you'll get a reply soon!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@flash

You better hang on to your PegII as it will most likely outperform the A1222+ by a wide margin.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »