Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
19 user(s) are online (18 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 19

more...

Headlines

Register To PostTopic is Locked  

« 1 (2)
Re: Hi from Pianeta Amiga!
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Atheist

Don't you know that we say "with if's we can recreate the world"?
We're not talking about the past, but about the future.

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Billsey

Edit: I moved my answer to Billsey to PM !

Edited by TSK on 2007/9/22 19:26:11
Edited by TSK on 2007/9/22 19:31:11
Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@TSK

"for some reason"? It's beacuse they couldn't do something themselves, so they wanted to rip off the work from Hyperion.

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:
Elwood wrote:

@TSK

"for some reason"? It's beacuse they couldn't do something themselves, so they wanted to rip off the work from Hyperion.

Hi Elwood,

I just can't WAIT to see a hockey game at the Amiga Events Centre/Arena in Kent Wa. in 2008!

Support Amiga Fantasy cases!!!
How to program: 1. Start with lots and lots of 0's. 10. Add 1's, liberally.
"Details for OS 5 will be made public in the fourth quarter of 2007, ..." - Bill McEwen
Whoah!!! He spoke, a bit late.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information

Valiant@Camelot
AmigaOne XE, 800Mhz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u7
Sam440ep, 666Mhz, 512Mb, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u6
A1-X1000, 1.8Ghz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1x
A1-X5000/40 2.2Ghz, 2GB, Radeon HD 7700, OS4.1 FE ud 2
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hey Valiant, that's not an above ground particle accelerator, is it?

"Details for OS 5 will be made public in the fourth quarter of 2007, ..." - Bill McEwen
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Elwood

Quote:
I don't understand why people don't see "today" as just another step in the process. Before, we had *nothing*.
Now we have hardware. Don't you see this is a step in the right direction?
It doesn't run OS4 for now but it's really this i.e "for now". There is room for another step that will happen when time comes.

Before we had nothing? Before we had hardware which was delivered with a beta of OS 4! Then a few years of nothing. Which was a surprise to say the least because the damn Mac Mini has been available for years and it could have grown the user base a lot whilst bring faster and better hardware.

Now we have slower hardware without OS 4 and a court case by people that seriously need to get a clue. The powers that were in control of this were to busy acting like complete and utter morons to actually see the benefit of this.
Leave it to businesses to completely screw up everything.

SELECT * FROM `Users` WHERE `Clue` > 0

0 rows returned.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
Thread moved, since as usual some people just can't help themselves.

Just to clear a few things up:

- Information on how Hyperions would act within their relationship with ACube has been available for anyone to read in a certain set of court documentation for several months. It's not Hyperions fault if some people have made up some other reality for themselves.

- Hyperion is very much aware of what damage the situation does to them and the community.

- Any hardware company making motherboards relying on any Amiga-esque OS for survival deserve nothing else than complete failure. Acube is not such a company and it's ridiculous to assume that Acube would be such a company.

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@orgin

Quote:

orgin wrote:
Thread moved, since as usual some people just can't help themselves.

Just to clear a few things up:

- Information on how Hyperions would act within their relationship with ACube has been available for anyone to read in a certain set of court documentation for several months. It's not Hyperions fault if some people have made up some other reality for themselves.

- Hyperion is very much aware of what damage the situation does to them and the community.

- Any hardware company making motherboards relying on any Amiga-esque OS for survival deserve nothing else than complete failure. Acube is not such a company and it's ridiculous to assume that Acube would be such a company.

Well said orgin, Acube want the embedded market Amiga boards are just a side line that they hope will take off when all the mess is cleared up

Oh don't post again orgin, you have the perfect post count!!

This Puny World will bow down to
Professor Chaos
Prepare for the greatest Villan you have ever seen!!
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Billsey

Quote:
So, why is it that we must blame Amiga, Inc. again? Is it because they own the IP and actually want to paid for it? Sure, Amiga Inc. filed the lawsuit, but it is Hyperion who were refusing to release a final product (even tacking stuff on from the 4.1, 4.x, etc. feature lists in order to keep going without releasing a final product) until Amiga, Inc. confronted Hyperion with Hyperion's actions and gave notice that the contract was null and void because of Hyperion's actions. Why does the owner of the IP get blamed while the company that held it hostage for all these years gets to skate? There's plenty of blame to go around for everybody involved, so try to be a little bit balanced.

EDIT: I mean come on! I was just on the IRC channel and people are suggesting that a gun be mailed to Bill McEwen with a note suggesting that he use it on himself! This goes entirely too far! Bill McEwen is not to blame, and even if he was, such actions would constitute felony offenses in most countries!

Balance yourselves! Please!

Wow!! That's a realy balanced take on the situation....NOT.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Swoop

So I guess it's perfectly OK to threaten someone's life so long as you think they caused you some delay in your instant gratification of new hardware, right? I guess it's perfectly OK to hammer, hammer, hammer, hammer at the one YOU want to hold responsible even though there's NO evidence that they actually are responsible, right?

Oh! That's just so balanced of you! NOT!!!

For those who are brave enough to want to know me better, visit
my Home Page, my Storefront, and blogsey
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Billsey

Quote:

Billsey wrote:
Is it because they own the IP and actually want to paid for it?

I wanted to stay out of this but just this one thing: Before you claim to have the ultimately balanced and neutral view on it, please consider that it is THE COURT and not your decision who owns the IP. The judge will decide whether Amiga Inc's claims are justified or not. NOT you.

I for one know for sure (and have an E-Mail from Bill McEwen confirming it) that the IP of ExecSG belongs to Thomas and me, not anybody else.

Thanks for reading, this is ALL I have to say on the topic.

Seriously, if you do want to contact me write me a mail. You're more likely to get a reply then.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Billsey

Quote:
So I guess it's perfectly OK to threaten someone's life so long as you think they caused you some delay in your instant gratification of new hardware, right? I guess it's perfectly OK to hammer, hammer, hammer, hammer at the one [b]YOU want to hold responsible even though there's NO evidence that they actually are responsible, right?

Oh! That's just so balanced of you! NOT!!!

I am not advocating anybody threatening anyone, but commenting on your first paragraph, where you sumarised your view on the current legal situation. You asked everybody to balance themselves. Other people, including myself, using the same documents and information that is available to you, have drawn different conclusions, hence my comment about how balanced your post was.
No condoning of violence. No delay in instant gratification of new hardware. I have an A1, I have OS4, what more could I want?. Relax, chill out, not everyone is out to get you.
Aas far as your comments about responsibility, I don't know what you are talking about.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Billsey

Quote:
So, why is it that we must blame Amiga, Inc. again?

Quote:
Bill McEwen is not to blame,(etc.)

Much like people have wrongly used "the Friedens" and "Hyperion" as interchangeable terms, "Amiga" and "Amiga Inc." as interchangeable terms, you are using "Amiga Inc." and "Bill McEwen" as interchangeable terms here.

When you are talking decision making and corporate affairs, there is no correlation whatsoever.
In fact, this has been pointed out innumerable times in threads on AW in great detail.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi @Billsey

So, why is it that we must blame Amiga, Inc. again?

Well of course! They're the exec. management group. Their specialty is bad management, bad decisions, and bad marketing. Who else?

There?s plenty of blame to go around for everybody involved, so try to be a little bit balanced.

I'm balanced, but it's the justice system points out who is malignant.

Hi @ Ikir
Hi! Posting from Pianeta Amiga
Great! I lost the thread there for a moment!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:
Billsey wrote:

There's plenty of blame to go around for everybody involved, so try to be a little bit balanced.

Hi Billsey,

That was from post #16.

Certainly no blame goes to Eyetech...
And there's none for Hyperion Entertainment either

Both of them were in the trenches DOING something!!!!!!

Eyetech went as far as was possible before dropping out.

Please elaborate on that "plenty of blame can go around" part, as you are full of it.

ONLY Amiga Inc. and their incompetence to the utmost is blame attributable to.

A full 7 years, 8 months and 27 days of it. Nearly a decade of hurt!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Swoop

I said zero about anyone out to get me.

Get the unadulterated IRC log for the show from AW.net, search it thoroughly, and you will find users suggesting that a gun should be mailed to Bill McEwen with instructions that he should use it on himself.

Tell me that is not a threat on his life! Tell me how that is balanced!

Rogue,
While I admire the coding that y'all have done (and I have prayed for your family, don't forget), I don't give a rip who you say owns IP.

For those who are brave enough to want to know me better, visit
my Home Page, my Storefront, and blogsey
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Snuffy

Quote:

Hi @ Ikir
Hi! Posting from Pianeta Amiga
Great! I lost the thread there for a moment!

Second.

What has this discussion to do with Pianeta?

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
Come here all and see the fantastic behavior of grown up people...

pfffft

Thread closed.

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top

Register To PostTopic is Locked
« 1 (2)