Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
69 user(s) are online (36 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 67

trixie, amigait, more...

Headlines

Register To PostTopic is Locked  

(1) 2 »
Hi from Pianeta Amiga!
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hi! Posting from Pianeta Amiga!

Go to top
Re: Hi from Pianeta Amiga!
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ikir

DONT JUST stand thare.. GIVE us the NEWS :D

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@ikir

Do join #pianeta2007 on irc.amigaworld.net if you can. Or get someone else at the show to do it :)

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Why must we continue to be tormented so????

DOES Samantha 440EP run AOS4.0 or not*?

....and, how much IS it????

And why the hell should I buy it, if it DOESN'T run AOS4.x????

For linux? HA HA HA!!!!! (Don't WANT linux!)

Well, I can get a Quad core (FOUR 32 bit CPUs) running at 2.4 GHz for $1800 Canadian.
Think that's expensive?

Well, it comes with a 22 inch LCD (1920*1200) monitor, 320 Gig SATA HD, and a 768 Meg 8800 GTX nVidia graphics card! (All taxes included!!) Oh yeah BTW, that's with 3 Gigs of DDR2 ram, also.

* IF not, I guess we'll just have to wait another YEAR for something else, and THEN how antique will 667 MHz be?!?!???!!!

Support Amiga Fantasy cases!!!
How to program: 1. Start with lots and lots of 0's. 10. Add 1's, liberally.
"Details for OS 5 will be made public in the fourth quarter of 2007, ..." - Bill McEwen
Whoah!!! He spoke, a bit late.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@afxgroup

Please post a warning about the content of that "search" picture. It's rather awful.

cheers
tony
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@tonyw

Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder..... But I know what you mean as well.

"Details for OS 5 will be made public in the fourth quarter of 2007, ..." - Bill McEwen
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Atheist

Well, I logged into the IRC channel and found a link that led me to think that it was available, but that link is misleading, the actual page turns out to be this.

Kind of cruel if you ask me.

For those who are brave enough to want to know me better, visit
my Home Page, my Storefront, and blogsey
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi Billsey,

Have to agree with you about 100.1% there.

I'm not sure what's going on here....

They want us to BUY the boards, and later when Hyperion Entertainment win the court case, then AOS4.x is released for it?

They intend to sell as many boards as they can, then, regardless of the court outcome, release AOS4.x for Sam440 EP in say 3 weeks, then there isn't ANYTHING Amiga Inc. could do to actually stop them seeing as "The Genie is out of the bottle", so to speak?

I find the Sam440 EP totally useless to us as anything other than an AOS4.x mechanism. (No offense ACube, but it's REALLY what we're after, after all.)

I mean what, wait another 16 months????????????????

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Atheist

I think you should blame Amiga Inc. Sam is here, ready to ship, small and nice. But you can't run OS4 on it now, maybe SAM can already run OS4t but the court case is still open and i doubt we can read any announcement... anyway Evert Carton is coming... i don't expect any big news, but maybe a little update.

See you later.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ikir

What is the price? Can you buy it? What Linux distro is it bundled with?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
If after this weekend it becomes clear to a lot of people that the Sam440 won't be able to run OS 4 because of the court case then this will be the last straw for a lot of people. Until now OS 4 generated a lot of interest to old Amiga users too. If after this weekend nothing useful materializes they will be lost for good.

OS 4 for the classic would have been welcomed years ago. Not now. I doubt even half of the people with a BlizzardPPC or CyberstormPPC will actualy buy it.

I seriously think that neither Hyperion, ACube and Amiga Inc. seriously understand how much damage this will do and how negative the spin will be after this weekend.

Amiga Inc. then successfully killed of ACube's business. The only thing that could save it then is MorphOS.

Amiga Inc. might be after ownership, Dollars and what not but in the end they will have lost any way. No Amiga enthusiast will ever buy anything from them again if they kill of OS 4 after this weekend. I know for sure there will also be a lot of people that will do everything in their power to stop Amiga Inc. from ever succeeding again.

Amiga Inc. might nor realize it but they are the SCO of the Amiga world.

Edited by PulsatingQuasar on 2007/9/22 17:27:20
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:
ikir wrote:

@Atheist

I think you should blame Amiga Inc.

Hi ikir,

Yes, I do.

Quote:
Sam is here, ready to ship, small and nice. But you can't run OS4 on it now, maybe SAM can already run OS4t but the court case is still open and i doubt we can read any announcement...

It was interesting that the person who started this thread has only ONE post, and (I saw him actually log on about 15 minutes ago! which is what led me to say, "hey, I'm unfamiliar with that nick, I'll look it up" saw the thread, read it and it's a good thing I did.) You see, I'm not a fan of indelible marks in SW for following it. So, if AOS4.x is released LATER, we're in that SAME boat as we were before oh so long ago, that one-to-one SW/HW ratio. That's the ONLY thing that kept Amiga Inc. and Genesi coming to terms and getting AOS4.x on THEIR HW.... That they couldn't be trusted to provide numbers and sell one-to-one.

So now what? They sell 800 Sam440EP's then LATER AOS4.0 comes out, and they sell 40 copies???????

This situatione is SERIOUSLY f'd up!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@PulsatingQuasar

Quote:

PulsatingQuasar wrote:

OS 4 for the classic would have been welcomed years ago. Not now. I doubt even half of the people with a BlizzardPPC or CyberstormPPC will actualy buy it.

Amiga Inc. might nor realize it but they are the SCO of the Amiga world.

I don't know about anyone else, but I intend to buy OS4 for my 3000T when it becomes available. If they even sell to just half of the Blizzards and Cyberstorms produced, they'll have done very well indeed. Even just 10% will probably double the number of OS4 users. And eventually something will be worked out where OS4 will be available to new hardware like the SAM.

Valiant@Camelot
AmigaOne XE, 800Mhz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u7
Sam440ep, 666Mhz, 512Mb, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u6
A1-X1000, 1.8Ghz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1x
A1-X5000/40 2.2Ghz, 2GB, Radeon HD 7700, OS4.1 FE ud 2
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
PulsatingQuasar is right!

They better quit screwing with our heads, is it, or isn't it, is it, or isn't it?

Yes, I'm turning the heat up.

Just checked and ssolie hasn't logged in since 29th of Aug. and HNL_DK is MIA....

Not funny anymore..... Amiga Inc. need to be thrown to the curb.

Who the heck else is going to buy an overpriced AND underpowered MB anyway?????

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@All

So, why is it that we must blame Amiga, Inc. again? Is it because they own the IP and actually want to paid for it? Sure, Amiga Inc. filed the lawsuit, but it is Hyperion who were refusing to release a final product (even tacking stuff on from the 4.1, 4.x, etc. feature lists in order to keep going without releasing a final product) until Amiga, Inc. confronted Hyperion with Hyperion?s actions and gave notice that the contract was null and void because of Hyperion's actions. Why does the owner of the IP get blamed while the company that held it hostage for all these years gets to skate? There?s plenty of blame to go around for everybody involved, so try to be a little bit balanced.

EDIT: I mean come on! I was just on the IRC channel and people are suggesting that a gun be mailed to Bill McEwen with a note suggesting that he use it on himself! This goes entirely too far! Bill McEwen is not to blame, and even if he was, such actions would constitute felony offenses in most countries!

Balance yourselves! Please!

For those who are brave enough to want to know me better, visit
my Home Page, my Storefront, and blogsey
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@PulsatingQuasar

Quote:
If after this weekend it becomes clear to a lot of people that the Sam440 won't be able to run OS 4 because of the court case then this will be the last straw for a lot of people.

I don't understand why people don't see "today" as just another step in the process. Before, we had *nothing*.
Now we have hardware. Don't you see this is a step in the right direction?
It doesn't run OS4 for now but it's really this i.e "for now". There is room for another step that will happen when time comes.

In another words, if you compare what ACube and Hyperion do with "another guy and another company out there", you will understand that you are in the right train.
We just didn't reach the train station, that's all

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:
Hi! Posting from Pianeta Amiga!

Hi ikir,

Do you see Bill McEwen there?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Billsey

If Amiga Inc hadn't been too busy pissing away their $$ on DE, then we could have had OS4 on hardware ages ago.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:
Elwood wrote:

In another words, if you compare what ACube and Hyperion do with "another guy and another company out there", you will understand that you are in the right train.
We just didn't reach the train station, that's all

Hi Elwood,

There's something you don't understand.....

IF Genesi/PegasOS found a way to run AOS4.0 made by Hyperion Entertainment on their HW, they WOULD, because they think they have a license to sell it for $4.50 US per copy!!!!

Go to top

Register To PostTopic is Locked
(1) 2 »