Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
135 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 135

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 »
Tutorial : How to install Warp3DNova, Bridge, MiniGL, Ogles2, and WarpOS emu
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All

There is a tutorial on how to correctly install everything 3D related on RadeonHD or RadeonRX, so you will be able to play and use any game and apps written for ogles2, gl4es, warp3dnova, minigl, warp3d, and even games/apps/demos written for WarpOS or 68k with usage of old warp3d and warp3dppc (if they are written in a system-friendly way).

In other words, this is a tutorial for those Amiga users who want everything to work, but do not have time to dig into the whole mess.

Preparation

First and foremost, you must be sure that there are no leftovers from anything old, incompatible, or kind that you have kept in your system. For this, you do just that:

1. Be sure you don't have minigl4gl4es installed anymore. Users of RadeonRX could use it as MiniGL replacement (with it's own minigl and mglut libraries looking similar to original), but it was just stop-gap crash-prone-fast-hack until NovaBridge was released. Now, you should 100% delete minigl4gl4es. So you are going to the System:LIBS and delete minigl.library and mglut.library all together. Now with NovaBridge, you will use the original MiniGL.

2. Be sure you don't have the Warp3D_SI package installed. This was the additional driver (was called WARP3D_SI, meaning "old warp3d for RadeonHD cards"). To do so, navigate to System:LIBS/Warp3D/HWdrivers/ and remove the W3D_SI.library file. Now with NovaBridge, you have no need for it. 

3. Be sure that you have the latest RadeonHD (for HD cards) and RadeonRX (for RX cards) drivers in your kickstart. You just spawn a shell, and type:

-- for RadeonHD: version full system:kickstart/RadeonHD.chip
-- for RadeonRX: version full system:kickstart/RadeonRX.chip

RadeonHD should be the latest public one. This is currently 5.14.
RadeonRX should be the latest public one. This is currently 2.11.

They are all in the latest Enhancer.

Also, for both cards, make sure to go to Prefs: and run the Power Tool, then select "High Power" and save. 

Then after that, you should go to your S:User-Startup, and type at the end:

Quote:

Run >NIL: *>NIL: System:Prefs/Power QUIET

Then save and reboot.

We do so to be 100% sure that your card will work at max, so you will have no problems with FPS in some games, and everything will be as fast as it can be.

4. Delete the following libraries from System:Libs/
: powerpc.library and warp3dppc.library. Of course, if you have one.

To summarize what we do in preparation:

1. Remove any old MiniGL packages you may have.
2. Remove any existing Warp3D_SI package.
3. Ensuring that drivers are of the last versions and that power management is set to high.
4. Remove any obsolete WarpOS and/or Warp3DPPC emulation. 

That was all for preparation. At this moment, we are all clean, and we definitely have no left-overs.

Installing all the drivers

1. Install the original and "normal" MiniGL:
http://os4depot.net/share/driver/graphics/minigl.lha

From this archive, you take minigl.library and mglut.library, and copy them to the System:Libs/

2. Install the most recent versions of warp3dnova, novabridge, and ogles2

From your Enhancer 2.2, copy those files:

-- ogles2.library to the System:Libs/
-- warp3dnova.library to the System:Libs/
-- W3DN_GCN.library for RX cards or W3DN_SI.library for HD cards to the System:Libs/Warp3DNova/ directory (not in the root of the Libs as was with the previous 2 libs).

Then from NovaBridge package (which you buy separately):

-- W3D_NovaBridge.library to the System:Libs/Warp3D/HWDrivers/

It should be noted that the NovaBridge library is installed in the _OLD_ Warp3d/HWDrivers/ directory, not to the new Warp3DNOVA directory which contains the W3DN_GCN and W3DN_SI libraries. 

At this point, you can run any os4 minigl games/apps/demos, any os4 warp3d(old warp3d) apps, and any new ogles2 , warp3dnova, and gl4es apps/games/demos.

You can test it just by running some of them. For example:

old Warp3D only diskmag: http://os4depot.net/share/demo/magazine/thevague/the_vague_2.lha

old MiniGL based paint app: http://os4depot.net/share/graphics/edit/lodepaint.lha

"new" ogles2 based game: https://entwicklerx.itch.io/mace-tower-defense

"new" gl4es based game: http://os4depot.net/share/game/driving/hcraft.lha

If they all work, then it means you installed everything correctly and everything is all fine.

I'm craving old school!

Now, if you want to have the ability to run some games/apps/demos from the old era, be it 68k ones, or WarpOS ones, be it pure old Warp3D or old Warp3DPPC, then you need to install 2 additional libraries : powerpc.library for WarpOS support, and Warp3DPPC.library for Warp3DPPC support. 

If you did preparation correctly (do you?), you shouldn't have in your System:Libs/ any warpos/warp3dppc libs, be it powerpc.library or warp3dppc.library for now.

Instead, you now use opensource implementations of them, which work on x1000, x5000, sam, and probably anything else, such as pegasos2 and old amigaones from Eyetech. They are called "ReWarp" and "ReWarp3D". They are all coded by the same person(s), and they are all hosted on: 

ReWarp: https://github.com/Sakura-IT/ReWarp
ReWarp3DPPC: https://github.com/Sakura-IT/ReWarp3DPPC

The latest versions are always auto-built there:

ReWarp: https://jenkins.sakura-it.pl/job/ReWarp/
ReWarp3DPPC: https://jenkins.sakura-it.pl/job/ReWarp3DPPC/

So be sure you download the latest ones. And add powerpc.library and warp3dppc.library to your system:Libs/

At this point, you are ready to run WarpOS games/apps/demos, but since some of them have bugs which AOS3 can't catch and they weren't fixed, some of them may behave badly. For example, Heretic2 can't be installed on OS4; it always causes a crash in the installer. So you use either WinUAE on Windows or UAE on your AmigaNG to install it, and then copy data to AOS4, which you start to tinker with and happily find a way to use it without crashes (which arise at some points, so you should be clever with).

Then, if you want to have working CD audio in those games, which often use cdplayer.library, you should install from os4depot cdplayer.library and CDDAPath to redirect things to AHI, and use diskimage to mount your ISOs , but just mount them over the CUE file, as this is the only time when CD_Tracks will be visible and work. CDDAPatch can be run from user-startup and just put in to be run from Prefs:WPStartup.

For example , for WipeOUT2097, after I install it, I use this executable script:

Quote:

stack 1000000
mountdiskimage DRIVE ICD0: "work:games/wipeout2097/ccc-wo2097.cue
Assign WO2097: Work:games/wipeout2097
Wipeout >"CON:20/150/620/120/Wipeout2097/INACTIVE"

See, there we set the stack big enough, then mount.cue (exactly cue, not an iso directly), then made necessary assign (that assing are must), and then run wipeout.

You also should be sure that in the tooltypes of a CDDAPatch, you set the correct drive to which you mount via diskimage. As can be seen from the script, I use ICD0:, so in the tooltype of CDDAPatch I do have "DRIVE=ICD0".

And remember , all the OS3/WarpOS games, apps, and demos will give you some problems when you install them, until you can use them. IT WILL NEVER BE "UNPACK AND RUN" . It wasn't like this on the old AMIGAs with WarpOS, and they are the same now. It's not a Windows. You need to know what you do and for what purpose, and have some experience with it.

Things will work out if you do everything correctly and with care (hello, Amiga). I've shown how it all can be (once you've correctly set things up) in my video that I've been spamming for the last few days too offten, but the last time:

Enjoy ! Hope it helps.

PS. If you still have any questions after that, please ask. I can update the text so newbes will know what to do.

Edited by kas1e on 2022/10/31 17:46:48
Edited by kas1e on 2022/10/31 18:49:05
Edited by kas1e on 2022/10/31 18:51:47
Edited by kas1e on 2022/10/31 18:53:36
Edited by kas1e on 2022/10/31 21:12:14
Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Re: Tutorial : How to install Warp3DNova, Bridge, MiniGL, Ogles2, and WarpOS emu
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Nice, thanks Kas1e!
This is a great resource.

Two small typos - it is W3DN_GCN.library & CDDAPatch

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Re: Tutorial : How to install Warp3DNova, Bridge, MiniGL, Ogles2, and WarpOS emu
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

thanks, it helps

AmigaOS3: Amiga 1200
AmigaOS4: Micro A1-C, AmigaOne XE, Pegasos II, Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOne X1000
MorphOS: Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Pegasos II, Powerbook, Mac Mini, iMac, Powermac Quad
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

thanks this is great help as things got confusing once Enhancer etc. became the norm

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

I glanced through the tutorial, it's great stuff! Thank you for putting this together, I will definitely use it next time when reinstalling the system which will happen soon, (planning to upgrade the GPU) much appreciated!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I would always recommend to use the Enhancer Software official installer and do not manually copy files across

Things such as Power Prefs require the Enhancer Software classes and gadgets.

Updater and AmiSphere are required for updates to the system files.

amigakit.com - the Amiga store
Links: www.amigakit.com | New Products | Enhancer Software
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e
Thank for the tutorial. I followed it step by step and found I had missed removing one old library. I tried the test programs you suggest and all seem to be working, although "LoadPaint" loads very slow, is very CPU intensive and seems to crash easily. Is this normal?

I should note that I have gone back to using RadeonHD.chip v3.7 due to video hangs with MPlayer when I use RadeonHD.chip v5.14.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ktadd
Quote:

I tried the test programs you suggest and all seem to be working, although "LoadPaint" loads very slow, is very CPU intensive and seems to crash easily. Is this normal?

No. Loading should be about 2-3 seconds , and when you do nothing it give me 90FPS, when paint fast-fast it give about 60FPS. That on RadeonRX/x5000, but i can test on x1000/RadeonHD too.

And it should't crash , can you show a stack trace from crashlog or how to reproduce it ?

Quote:

I should note that I have gone back to using RadeonHD.chip v3.7 due to video hangs with MPlayer when I use RadeonHD.chip v5.14.

Maybe that the problem. Can you plz point out how to reproduce MPlayer hangs, so we can create a bugreport for Hans ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e
Quote:
No. Loading should be about 2-3 seconds , and when you do nothing it give me 90FPS, when paint fast-fast it give about 60FPS. That on RadeonRX/x5000, but i can test on x1000/RadeonHD too.

Ok, switched back to RadeonHD.chip v5.14 and LoadPaint now seems to be working as expected without crash. Still uses about 70% if CPU but it's not slow.

Quote:
Can you plz point out how to reproduce MPlayer hangs, so we can create a bugreport for Hans ?

I wrote about it in the RadeonHD V.5 driver thread Here
I made three post about it, 125, 127 and 129.

Bottom line is I just play videos with the latest MPlayer and eventually the video just freezes and I can't do anything with the MPlayer window. I think I tried both the comp_yuv and comp_yuv2 -vo options.
I'll leave my system with v5.14 and VA library enable and do some more testing later. RIght now it's after midnight and I have to go to work in the morning.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Followed the guide but there seems to be something I'm missing.
The disk mag and paint programs work but the two games don't.
The splash screen appears for both and then the machine just locks up.

Sam460 and RX560.

Cheers

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@TiredOfLife
If diskmag and paint programm works, then NovaBridge surely works and Warp3DNova too. Then we leaved with RadeonRX driver and/or ogles2.library.

So check plz what version of RadeonRX and ogles2.library you have.

RadeonRX should be 2.11 (and powermanagment should be set to High, with string in the user-startup to load Power prefs each time you power on).

ogles2.library should be 3.3 (04/30/2022)

And just in case check anyway what version of Libs:Warp3dnova.library and LIBS:warp3dnova/W3DN_CGN.library you have too. Should be 54.16 for both warp3dnova.library and W3DN_CGN.library.

Edited by kas1e on 2022/11/1 9:28:03
Edited by kas1e on 2022/11/1 9:29:16
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Checked all libraries and do have the correct versions.
Power set to high with that line in the user-startup.

Also tested -
http://os4depot.net/share/development/example/erik_sdl2-ogles2.lha
http://os4depot.net/share/demo/misc/opengl_boing.lha
and demoes in -
http://os4depot.net/share/driver/graphics/minigl.lha.

All works as expected.

Cheers

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@TiredOfLife
It mean simple things works, but a little bit heavy ones lockups. I will test it on my sam460 today, so we will see how it.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Heart of Darkness X1000 R280x - green colors :(

Edited by amig_os on 2022/11/1 14:29:39
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I make some tests. And there is no doubt that Nova Bridge is much more compatible than WRP 3D SI. Unfortunately, this cannot be said about the speed of games. On my X1000 and Radeon R9 270 (RadeonHD v3.7) Quake 3 (IoQuake) reaches in 1280x1024 72fps (W3DSI) and only 48FPS (Nova Bridge). Quake 2HD 1920x1080 48FPS (W3D SI) and 38FPS (Nova Bridge).

It's good that I have two computers. On the x5000 with the Polaris card I will use Nova Bridge for compatibility, and on the x1000 the Warp 3D SI is for speed.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@amiga_os
Quote:

Heart of Darkness X1000 R280x - green colors :(

Heart of Darkness not use MiniGL, not Wapr3dNova, not any other GL. Its pure SDL2, so not related to this topic, sorry.

I tried anyway it on my X1000 with RadeonHD 5.14, and everything fine with all latest drivers and components. No problems, no "green colors". Try after reboot and so on. Or maybe you do something with SDL2 prefs, dunno, that all anyway for another topic.

@Mufa
Yes, speed of quake3 is worse than with Warp3D_SI, i reported that to Hans few times, but he say he can't do anything else about (dunno why). Probably will worth if you, or someone else will create a BZ about, pointing out on such difference.

But i marked for myself in end it's not very important, because soon i will release gl4es version of quake3, which outperform any miinigl version be it warp3d_si or novabridge.

But yes, Quake3 on NovaBridge slower than on Warp3D_SI on RadeonHD.

Quote:

Polaris card I will use Nova Bridge for compatibility, and on the x1000 the Warp 3D SI is for speed.

And still this is wrong :) The only game where Warp3D SI faster is Quakes. All the other stuff faster on NovaBridge. Check for example "Cube" game, or "lodepaint". I of course can't be 100% sure that there will be no any game which will be slower too, but at least from all my test (and i do a lot of them), everything was or the same, or faster on NovaBridge, with one exception of Quake. Maybe if someone else will report it to Hans, he will do something about :)

Even those damn Torcs and SpeadDreams which dunno why always slow on modern systems be it MiniGL or NovaBridge, still, on NovaBridge they faster, and even can be playable.

Edited by kas1e on 2022/11/1 18:48:02
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@TiredOfLife
Wow, that what happens when no one test the things properly (i just wasn't testing latest RadeonRX on sam460, as were concetrate on x5000). And in end it turns out that it have bugs manifest exactly on sam460.

So i tried MACE Defence and HCraft on Sam460 and firstly with this setup:

RadeonRX: 2.5
ogles2.library: 3.1
Warp3DNova: 54.4

Both games runs, and works.

Next, all i do, it's just replaced RadeonRX on latest (2.11). And can reproduce exactly lockups you have with both games.

For sake of to be 100% sure, i then just update ogles2.library to 3.3 and Warp3dNova to 54.17 and still the same lockups.

So cleary issue with RadeonRX driver. I then checked RadeonRX 2.8 - still works. And i don't have 2.9 and 2.10 to test, but what we can say for sure, 2.8 was the one when everything working, and 2.11 where start acts bad.

Reported : http://www.amiga.org/developer/bugreports/view.php?id=934

Seems you just was the first one who run MaceDefence or anything else big enough on Sam460 with latest RX driver :) Hope Hans will fast fix it, as it surely urgent. Or maybe some others find the same issues, and just revert back to 2.8 silently.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
kas1e wrote:@TiredOfLife

Seems you just was the first one who run MaceDefence or anything else big enough on Sam460 with latest RX driver :) Hope Hans will fast fix it, as it surely urgent. Or maybe some others find the same issues, and just revert back to 2.8 silently.

I'm lucky like that, lol.
Well at least I know i'm not losing it.
Your guide is well done and I was at a loss to see how I could be failing to follow it correctly.

Many thanks for your help.

Cheers.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

IIRC under SAM460 radeonRX v2.11 has some issues (think they are solved on upcoming update), with v2.10/2.8 no such issues.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Just forwarded you an email.

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 3 »