Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 110

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 13 14 15 (16) 17 18 »
Re: Updater tool: latest releases and updates
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Finally, after 20 attempts to click "Pay now" I succeeded. In my case, I changed "shipping address" in Paypal and I managed to buy for the second attempt. Uff.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@amigakit

Still waiting for an answer about Amistore checkout credit card payment page :(

Sinan - AmigaOS4 Beta-Tester
- AmigaOne X5000
- AmigaOne A1222
- Sam460ex
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@mufa+sailor

Lucky guys. I haven't had luck. I made a complaint to Paypal. Let's see if they'll answer anything (they reserve 15 days to answer).

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I've not tried to buy this exact product, but have had problems using AmiStore a few months ago.

It was impossible to make a purchase, because my shopping cart would never empty. When I got to the point of paying, I had like 5-6 identical products in the cart. When logging in on a later date, the same items were still there, but they did not show up in the cart in AmiStore. Tried different things to fix it, but to no avail.

Contacted A-EON several times, but got no reply. The result was that I ended up ordering a boxed version of Enhancer instead.

It would be nice if they had a shopping section similar to the usual AmigaKit website. Would be much easier!

Maybe a system similar to Alinea in Germany? I've bought downloads from them and it works very well. You put the wanted software in the cart, check out and pay, and then you will receive a link to download what you've bought.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@AmigaOldskooler

I also had the problem. You just have to press the x at the top next to the code in the shopping cart and everything should be gone

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:
redfox wrote:@walkero

Thanks for the security alert regarding OpenSSL ...

I have rolled back to AmiSSL 5.3 and will await a future update.

AmiSSL 5.5 is now available - be sure to always use AmiUpdate to grab the latest release. I'm still a bit confused why they pulled OpenSSL 3.0.6. The regression issues were relatively minor, especially when compared to the high severity buffer overflow bugs which are also fixed in 3.0.7 and were present in all OpenSSL 3.0 versions (and therefore all AmiSSL v5 releases).

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I managed to get the Bridge. Paypal's support told me to try different browsers and clear the cache and cookies before trying to pay. (I should have realized to clear them by myself.) I tested Firefox on a Mac this time clearing the cache and all of the cookies first. Payment went smooth without a glitch.

Edited by TSK on 2022/11/3 19:25:44
Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Today the following public releases have been made available to download on Updater utility:

AmiSSL v5.5

To download goto the Packages tab

amigakit.com - the Amiga store
Links: www.amigakit.com | New Products | Enhancer Software
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@amigakit

I guess this is my last attempt to ask this question.I hope you answer.

Will you make a boxed or virtual boxed (serial no only) version of NovaBridge from AmigaKit Store ?

Amistore payment page doesn't work for my credit cards.

Sinan - AmigaOS4 Beta-Tester
- AmigaOne X5000
- AmigaOne A1222
- Sam460ex
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@amigakit

Quote:
amigakit wrote:Today the following public releases have been made available to download on Updater utility:

AmiSSL v5.5

To download goto the Packages tab

May I ask why AmiSphereServer (and therefore Updater) doesn't itself use AmiSSL and instead uses an outdated, obsolete, statically linked OpenSSL 1.0.2o? It should be easy to make the switch and it'll make AmiSphereServer much smaller too! Please support AmiSSL, rather than waste time messing with OpenSSL directly.

As the OpenSSL team itself says: "All older versions (including 1.1.0, 1.0.2, 1.0.0 and 0.9.8) are now out of support and should not be used."

It appears to be using libcurl too - the latest libcurl has built-in AmiSSL v5 support, but you may not even need to use libcurl at all either. OpenSSL 3.0 has its own simple built-in HTTP(S) client.

Edited by Futaura on 2022/11/3 17:28:25
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Futaura

Quote:
AmiSSL 5.5 is now available

Thanks ... I used AmiUpdate

redfox

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@redfox

Yep... me too.... :)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Futaura

Quote:

May I ask why AmiSphereServer (and therefore Updater) doesn't itself use AmiSSL and instead uses an outdated, obsolete, statically linked OpenSSL 1.0.2o? It should be easy to make the switch and it'll make AmiSphereServer much smaller too! Please support AmiSSL, rather than waste time messing with OpenSSL directly.

It was written by it's original authors using libcurl. as you note below. That makes / made using AmiSSL problematic...

Quote:

As the OpenSSL team itself says: "All older versions (including 1.1.0, 1.0.2, 1.0.0 and 0.9.8) are now out of support and should not be used."

An ideal we often fall short of in amiga land
Quote:

It appears to be using libcurl too - the latest libcurl has built-in AmiSSL v5 support, but you may not even need to use libcurl at all either. OpenSSL 3.0 has its own simple built-in HTTP(S) client.

Two bbits of useful info thanks. Does the inbuilt https support cookies etc??

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@broadblues

Quote:
broadblues wrote:@Futaura

Quote:

Two bbits of useful info thanks. Does the inbuilt https support cookies etc??

Not directly - as you might expect with OpenSSL, things are a bit more low-level than Curl. However, you are free to add any outgoing HTTP headers as you wish, which includes adding a cookie header. See https://github.com/jens-maus/amissl/blob/master/test/httpget.c for a general example.

Retrieving a "Set-Cookie" header from the response might be more problematic. I've not played to see how or if this is possible, but it seems not. I've opened a feature request at https://github.com/openssl/openssl/issues/19609.

Edited by Futaura on 2022/11/5 18:02:19
IBrowse, AmiSSL and Warp Datatype Developer
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Today the following public releases have been made available to download on Updater utility:

AmiSSL v5.6
RadeonRX Driver v2.12

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Good for radeonrx v2.12, take only 2 months to release it :)

But isn't amissl are open stuff, which everyone can download from GitHub and/or os4depot/aminet ? Or having it in the updater give some benefits for anyone downloading from ? At least the version 5.6 is uploaded to os4depot a month ago.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
RadeonRX v2.12

What are the changes in this version?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Beta testing is not a quick process. Many of our beta testers test in their spare time between family life and events such as Christmas holidays can pause testing. We release something when it has passed the testing process.

Updater tool is used by most users here on a weekly or even daily basis. Some of our products use AmiSSL so it makes sense to make it available easily to our user base through Updater tool. It is the official method of distributing files for our system.

@amig_os

Click the Information button in Updater tool to read the change logs. This release fixes Copy routine bugs

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@amigakit

Would be nice to betatest stuff for you guys...

AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / ATI X1950 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS 4.1 FE / Linux / MorphOS
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the NET
Vampire V4SE TrioBoot
RPI4 AmiKit XE
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@amigakit

Quote:
amigakit wrote:Today the following public releases have been made available to download on Updater utility:

AmiSSL v5.6
RadeonRX Driver v2.12

Thank you so much for update!
Just installed RadeonRX Driver v2.12on my x5000 and on first it works fine, now I will do some testing. :)

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich

Warp - Croatian Amiga portal
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 13 14 15 (16) 17 18 »