Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
113 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 113

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 9 10 11 (12) 13 »
Re: MediaVault releases
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@nbache
Quote:
you wrote above in the 1.5.1 post that it would be available on OS4Depot

Sorry, it was a mistake.

Quote:
had to go to Github to get it.

You don't need actually to go there to get the latest version. You can use the self-update process from the menu. It updates your installation automatically for you.

Quote:
Regarding podcasts: Are you planning to make it possible to search for podcasts (on the top level) by language, country etc. like for radio stations?

Unfortunately, this is the way the online service I am using supports. As soon as they add the ability to search using more filters, I will add them in MediaVault as well.

Glad you like my app and use it. Thank you for that.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@walkero

Quote:
Quote:
had to go to Github to get it.
You don't need actually to go there to get the latest version. You can use the self-update process from the menu. It updates your installation automatically for you.
Yes, I know. But old habits as a tester makes me prefer having the archive for each update stored locally.

Quote:
Quote:
Regarding podcasts: Are you planning to make it possible to search for podcasts (on the top level) by language, country etc. like for radio stations?
Unfortunately, this is the way the online service I am using supports. As soon as they add the ability to search using more filters, I will add them in MediaVault as well.
Ah, I see. No problem, I just wondered why.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@George
Downloaded today's version of mediavault from os4depot, unpacked to RAM:, run it, all works all fine, choose "check for update", it bring me window that there is update, want i install it or not, i choose yes. After some seconds it say "all ok, updated, plz close and restart". I close, restarts, but it on the same version, and when i check to update, it again repeat the same step and again close/restart, and no update applies.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@Kas1e
Possibly the reason is that you run it from Ram disk. Does it work if you do it from any partition or inside a folder?

Please, do me a favour and create an issue at https://github.com/walkero-gr/mediavault/issues

Follow me on
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@george
Yeah, from WORK: all fine, so seems ram only issue, created ticket

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
Thank you so much for the ticket and for using MediaVault. Hope you enjoy it.

Follow me on
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@walkero

This is not to do with MediaVault. But I notice that when I try to play something in AAC format then AmigaAMP will say "Unsupported Stream".

I tried to see if AmigaAMP was trying to open the faad library, but I could not see evidence of that. I prefer not to install things if I do not need them.

Do you know how to play the AAC formats?

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@rjd324
Thank you so much for using my application. I am glad it is useful to you.

Based on AmigaAMP log there is support added for AAC since v3.20 (http://amigaamp.de/log.shtml). So, it should work with no problems out of the box. If this is no working, I would suggest:
1. When you select the radio station from MediaVault and open it in AmigaAmp, save the playlist and send it to AmigaAMP developer with a description of the problem. This stream might have some differences which could help the developer to support it further in future versions.

2. You can use ffplay or Emotion to play the audio stream. This can be configured in the script that is described in MediaVault archive. If you need more help on that please let me know.

Follow me on
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@walkero @rjd324

AFAIK AmigaAmp can only play AAC streams/files that have an ADTS header. Could it be that the radio(s) are feeding raw (headerless) AAC data to AmigaAmp?

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@rdj324
Quote:
walkero wrote:
2. You can use ffplay or Emotion to play the audio stream. This can be configured in the script that is described in MediaVault archive. If you need more help on that please let me know

Or you can use this script which allows you to choose a player or save to a file via a requester after clicking play.
Mediavault Script

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I cannot seem to see ffplay on OS4Depot. I see it only for 68k on Aminet, but I would never have expected that one to work with Petunia.

Still, I will use that script, thanks. Let me know about ffplay.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@rjd324
Quote:
cannot seem to see ffplay on OS4Depot.

ffplay is included with ffmpeg which is on OS4Depot.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
is anyone using here TuneNet with MediaVault?

PS. I am using MV every day at me home, so nice app. Today I will try to add in script TuneNet because it is my favorite player and with Enhancer 2.2 we got new fresh version :)

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich

Warp - Croatian Amiga portal
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@walkero

I downloaded MediaVault today. I like it very much. Currently using AmigaAMP3 as default.

I used the auto update feature to update to version 1.5.1.

Occasionally I get a requester to assign https: ... not sure if this comes from MediaVault or AmigaAMP. I think it happens if the AmigaAMP window is already open and I attempt to choose a different radio station. As long as I close the original AmigaAMP window, choose a different station and click the MediaVault button, everything seems to work ok.

I really like listening to streaming music via AmigaAMP while surfing the net with IBrowse 2.5.7.

Your program makes this so easy. Thanks so much.

---
redfox

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@redfox

I don't remember when I last played an MP3 while working on my software. Now it's always MediaVault and online radios for me!

Quote:
Your program makes this so easy.

Feel free to tip the author on his Ko-fi page to support his efforts

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Mediavault does not find any stations for me tonight ;(

Is it a temporarly glitch or has something changed?
My amiga has been offline for quite a while since some equipment was destroyed after a lightning strike.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
ahh, yes, same here!

If I click on "Popular" or "Trending" then I get the requester:

-----------
There was an error with the returned data.
Please try again or check your network.
-----------

If I search for the name of a station that I know was present,
it no longer finds it.

Probably some server "improvement" somewhere....

Thanks,

PJS

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@smf
Quote:
Mediavault does not find any stations for me tonight ;(

Version 1.5.1 seems to be working fine for me. I tried listening to a presaved US radio station, clicking popular and playing a Germany station and downloading a podcast. All worked great.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
Thank you guys for letting me know.

I just tested version 1.5.1 which seems to work fine. There was probably a downtime of the servers I use to retrieve the radio station information.

The favourite list though is stored locally on your system. This should work always even if the servers are down. The data hold the radio station URLs, so as long they are working you can use them.

Follow me on
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@walkero

Yay!

What a great developer!! Only on an Amiga!! You fixed it
without even doing anything!

;D