Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 109

beworld, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

AOTL Donations Feb 2017 Update
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thank you all who donated in Feb. Lets brake $1000 for March !!!

http://amigaonthelake.com/aotl-donations/

scroll down the page

Go to top
Re: AOTL Donations Feb 2017 Update
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@apsturk

Thanks for the donation , and to whoever contributed to the fund.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@broadblues

Sure thing :)

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@apsturk

I too wanted to thank you for your wonderful donation, it's warm to see that the community is making a lot of effort to support us.
Thank you and thank you again.
HunoPPC

AmigaOS 4.1 Rulez
Resized Image
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@apsturk
That seems a fairly random selection of Amiga developers - how was it arrived at?

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Btw, who is Mark Ritter and what is Workbench Explorer are ?:) I mean, where to download it ?

And, to be fair, some names are still missed, from top of head: Alfkil, Salas00, BSzili, ChrisY, ChrisH, zzd10h, Jabirulo and whole os4 dev team as well as whole a-eon dev team :)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
Btw, who is Mark Ritter and what is Workbench Explorer are ?:) I mean, where to download it ?

And, to be fair, some names are still missed, from top of head: Alfkil, Salas00, BSzili, ChrisY, ChrisH, zzd10h, Jabirulo and whole os4 dev team as well as whole a-eon dev team :)

I fully agree. And also Roman the guy who ported Odyssey, should be on that list!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I am Mark Ritter.

Workbench Explorer (WEx) is in final beta testing. It will be released soon....if I can stop myself from adding new features.

Amiga On The Lake has offered to sell it as a digital download. I will probably not sell it, but still make it a download from their site.

A good file browser is something the Amiga has been lacking.

Resized Image

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@mritter0

Yessss!!!! And works very good and has looots of options/settings to change/tweak all amiga users like

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Amigo1 wrote:
Quote:
@kas1e Quote: ...And, to be fair, some names are still missed, from top of head: Alfkil, Salas00, BSzili, ChrisY, ChrisH, zzd10h, Jabirulo and whole os4 dev team as well as whole a-eon dev team :) I fully agree. And also Roman the guy who ported Odyssey, should be on that list!

+1, all are more than deserving

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@mritter0Quote:

looks good and great to have another file manager but just curious what will WorkBench Explorer do that DOpus, Filer, and DirMeUp can't ?

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@mritter0
Quote:

Workbench Explorer (WEx) is in final beta testing. It will be released soon....if I can stop myself from adding new features.

Imho better to release v1 of what you have, or you can be in the same situation as some other projects which never see lite of public release as new features all the time added :)

Quote:

Dopus5 ?:)

Or your one have something particular which dopus4/dopus5 didn't ? Visually from your screenshot looks very close to DirMeUp, but probably more feature rich ?

Did you have some list of features which none of other software have ?

ps. Btw, if you in interest i can help with betatesting as well.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
Dopus5 ?:)

Roman, nobody uses DOpus 5... *duck*

Seriously: Magellan is rather "heavyweighted" - maybe something that is a bit less than Magellan and a bit more than Filer or DirMeUp...I'm only guessing...

X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@cha05e90
Quote:

Roman, nobody uses DOpus 5

Haha :) Yeah, i remember from old times users who didn't use dopus5 because they do not know how powerfull is it and can't setup it for their needs. But that was and still their problem :) I even remember that some like it lot, while other ones hate it a lot (while, those ones who hate, just didn't get how to setup and work with it properly).

It can be configured and as dopus4, and be default as it now, and be as dirmeup, and as filler. As you wish. You may add any features, remove any features, make your own look, your buttons , everything. Just matter of spending some time with.

Quote:

maybe something that is a bit less than Magellan and a bit more than Filer or DirMeUp...I'm only guessing...

You can setup one time dopus5 to be as you need, and then just upload settings so everyone can use it as you think it should looks like. Even snaphot and resize as much of windowses as you wish, to have exactly look of all those dirmeups, or whatever.

And, imho too much for obscure platform to have not only few managers, but even asking "no , we no need too good one, or too feature rich one, give us something simple. But nope, not like XXX,YYY,ZZZ, but .. but something else !" I.e. we need something which half good and half bad, so we can keep asking about adding more features till it will not start be same dopus5 or so, and after that, other newbes will keep saying "its too feature rich, let's write something new !" :)

Most of time those ones who dislike dopus5 never tried to setup it for real. Yeah, its not very intuitive maybe from begining, and of course not perfect, but once one understand what it can do, he never come back from the dark side.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

true I bought DOpus 5 back in the day but only ever used it excactly like DOpus4 and even today I use DOpus 4 under OS4.1FE Update 1 & latest DOpus on my PC with the DOpus 4 look and feel lol

I also use DirMeUp alot as it's quite stable now

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e
FWIW, DOpus 5/Magellan was/is the best file manager ever created (although the complexity of configuring it understandably put some people off it's early releases).

OTOH, I never understood the attraction of DOpus 4 on OS4 - to me it seems klunky & very primitive, for which I can only imagine retro nostalgia as a reason for using it. But luckily every user has the freedom to install what they like, so my opinion is irrelevant

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ anyone

the developers i started with are ones I have donated too in the past. Some have been added as people have asked them to be. I gave instructions if you wanted to add a developer on our first youtube video and on the AOTL donations link on our web site. If you think someone should be added go there and tell us what the developer has done and his email (that goes to PayPal) and we will most likely add them to our list of developers

Amiga IS growing!!!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@apsturk
While Kas1e came up with a good list (although a bit big with every OS4 dev on it!), someone might still say it's biased or incomplete...

It might be an idea for everyone on the forum to make suggestions, and then MAYBE you could create a poll (that allowed voting for multiple options). Of course you would still have the final say, but a poll might at least help weed-out some bad suggestions (in an open/public manner).

Although I am glad I am not the one deciding who should receive a share of the donations, nor having to decide how much everyone should get (equal shares is not necessarily fair)...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@apsturk

Whatever happened to ATOL posting pictures of the xorro/HAZE slot card so the layout could be determined?

A1-X1000
Go to top

Register To Post