Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
153 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 152

skynet, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Photos of Amiga 25th Anniversary Celebrations at VCF + Report.
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Hello all

First of all here are some of my photos (Yes they aren't brilliant quality)

I will post a full report of what I can remember soon-ish.

Link is here http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/Michael ... ageComputingFestival2010#

Friday.
Arrived around 11:20 at Bletchley Park, I found the Marquee up, tables laid out and a very empty area. I was greeted by Fellow A.N.T. members Mike Woods and Simon Archer (Miggyman + Rigo) We unloaded all both vehicles (Poor Simon and Mike were up at the crack of dawn loading all the stuff we had stored at ANT for the Show - took them an hour - Thank you guys)
We set about deciding where all the Amiga exhibitors were gonna be, put the display stand up for A-EON. Then set about laying out the Exhibitor Signs etc. Gradually more ANT members and Exhibitors including Trevor Dickenson arrived. Computers were assembled and layed out with the exception of the Amiga Gaming Arena which would not be up until Friday.
For most of the Day we had no electricity. Half the Marquee was running off a Generator and the other half of a proper Electricity Supply which kept tripping off for reasons unknown. Lucky the Guys at Bletchley Park/Vintage Computer Museum are Diamonds, they kept plugging at it until it was fine despite the amount of times the power tripped. (it was not an overloaded circuit) Late in the afternoon Friday, AmigaKit and ACUBE turned up and Set up their bits and bobs. it was towards the end of the Evening that we got Wireless internet supplied to the Marquee.
- Then it was down to Mike Woods to set up wired networking all the way around the Amiga area for the desktop A1's/SAMS etc that required cabled ethernet.

Saturday/Sunday to follow tomorrow. I'm off to bed, been a long weekend!

Edited by Mikey_C on 2010/6/20 21:55:31
Mikey C

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it.
Go to top
Re: Photos of Amiga 25th Anniversary Celebrations at VCF + Report.
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Mikey_C

Thanks, looking forward to the words.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Thanks to everyone who visited our area at the VCF show. We had a great time meeting so many of our customers. It was good to see so many active Amiga users attending the show. It was encouraging to see a strong international attendance.

Special thanks to Amiga North Thames/Michael for organising the Amiga part of the event.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Thanks also from A-EON & Hyperion & A-Cube for the effort and excellent organisation put in by the Mickey and the boys. It was so good to seen so many like-minded Amigans come together in one place to celebrate the Amiga's 25th Anniversary. Quite fitting too, that it was at Bletchley Park, one of the spiritual homes of modern electronic computing.

Well done to everyone involved.

TrevorD

PS almost got my voice back.

AmigaOne X1000 betatester
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thanks to all those enthusiastic Amigan's who visited the VCF and my IMICA stand. Great weekend and glad to say that LJ from Click arrived, hope my invite generates a lot of interest in Amiga again.

Finally, great work as usual Mikey.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@TrevorDick

Your Famous now..

It's got a spot on The Reg

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/06/21/amiga_x1000/

Are we nearly there yet ?
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Outcast

Damn! Just beaten to it!!

Mikey C

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@TrevorDick

Excellent show, my friend!

Hope you will get back your voice soon. Take it easy.

Soon to own a powerful AmigaOne X1000 with latest AmigaOS 4.1 incarnation ;) Dual Core PPC!

- Helgis
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Mikey_C

It was nice to see all the guys supporting Trevor and his new toy. Especially nice to have our friends from Italy and Belgium attend and we must do this more often at the larger events

A1XEG4 PPC 7457 1.3GHz
A-Eon X5000
CDTV!!
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Swisso

Agreed! But can you warn me next time if you are planning to bring a different partner?

TrevorD

AmigaOne X1000 betatester
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Mikey_C

Was impressed by the Amiga tent, nice spot too by the lake. Plenty to look at old and new. iMica was particularly impressive.

Would have been nice to see an Amiga gaming area, a sensible soccer tournament would have been fitting. Although did get to play Speedball in the main house.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Daniel

Er there was an Amiga Gaming area, we had lots of people playing Stunt Car Racer, Lotus and Worms for the most part.

Mikey C

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Mikey_C

Must have walked right past that bit then.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Excellent work everyone - a really good presence for the Amiga community. The lakeside tent was a prime spot when you compare to the folks out by H block.

Had a great day, though must admit I spent quite a lot of time checking out two of my other great electronic loves: the Bombe and the Colossus. If you think the Amiga has it hard competing with other platforms, think what it's like for them

I'll agree with what others have said on another thread, having a presence like that outside the Amiga community is the only real way to gather fresh interest, new and old. There was a fantastic blend of retro-nostalgia and a modern presence that appealed to a wide audience. The iMica, the X1000, the SAM460, all looked superb and hopefully made a strong impression on those who maybe thought the Amiga disappeared with Commodore all those years ago.

I haven't had a chance to go through the pics I took yet, but I'll try and extract the ones that aren't me lusting over 40s valve tech and post on this site sometime.

Professional Python and SQL Developer / BASI 2 Snowboard Instructor
Amigan since 1990: AmigaOne XE / A4000/030 / A500
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@all

The X1000 stand was packed throughout most of Saturday, you couldn't get anywhere near it even if you had wanted to. I'm sure A-Eon could have sold a few if they had been available.

Thanks to Mikey for organising the show, and to AmigaKit for fixing my SAM (again) I now own the case which housed the SAM460 at the show...

Hopefully we can do another one of these in the future.

@Daniel

There was also intended to be the official Kick Off 2 tournament there, but unfortunately it fell through as it was too close to the last one.

Edited by Chris on 2010/6/21 21:16:56
Go to top

Register To Post