Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
189 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 189

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
My A1 has died :(
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Hi all
my a1 has stopped booting yes battery replaced checked voltage has 3.3v
now the system when started the dvd rom lights flash and do their normal thing the HD light stays on solid i have the sil card hd motor spins
no signal to monitor thats as far as we get :(
ive pulled everything out reseated it all tried different ram but still the same
i have no cable to test it and only have new macs so probably couldn't hook it up anyways
the green light is on the motherboard any ideas ?

Amiga is the heart and soul of computing nothing else comes close
Go to top
Re: My A1 has died :(
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@poweramiga

Oh no! That's terrible! I am really sorry for you. You had quite a powerful AmigaOne. I can only hope you will manage to afford the new AmigaOne X1000..

The bad news is that your AmigaOne died, but the good news is that it happened just close to the release of the AmigaOne X1000...

Soon to own a powerful AmigaOne X1000 with latest AmigaOS 4.1 incarnation ;) Dual Core PPC!

- Helgis
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
hello,

check around the CPU little card about damage.
also try to boot with less hardware on the A1.

dieter groppe and abalaban have their A1 died recently, some contacts between PPC CPU and little CPU board broken (AFAIR)

Advice to A1 users are to kept money in case of...

A1200+Mediator+VooDoo3+060/50+96mo+IIYAMA 17"+CD,CDRW,ZIP SCSI-KIT
SAM440EP on Mapower 3000+AOS4.1

Amiga Docs Disk Preservation Project
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@poweramiga

- Tried to boot with no SIL card and no hard disk
and DVD drive?
- If the above still doesn't help, try the video card on a PC to see if it's not its fault for the A1 not booting.

Varthall

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@poweramiga

Hey motherboard dont die on him

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Varthall

only problem no pc available for testing the card everyone i know has a mac
only thing i can do is try another card in the A1 my voodoo3 isnt working in the A1 either but it smells bad so could be dead

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@poweramiga

On amigaworld.net, I have a blank screen diagnosis/solution section...

http://amigaworld.net/modules/feature ... _id=16&rev_id=174&sort_by

The "smells bad" comment does not sound good. My own A1XE got fried recently, smelling of burnt electronics. I sent the motherboard and CPU to Revanche LLC, who repaired the motherboard for a very decent price. The CPU was OK, but the heatsink came off during transit back to my home. The CPU now seems to be dead. I have been investigating the best solution for the lowest price.

So far, getting the CPU module fixed with a 7457 @1GHz is still less expensive than getting a SAM440, SAM460, PegII or X1000.

-The Phantom "?"

Broken A1XE 800MHz

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@All
could this be a failing PSU ?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@poweramiga

I've gone through two PSU's myself. I have a PSU checker with which I'd be willing to part.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@interrogative

the voodoo card smells bad not my A1 it was working fine b4 i went on holidays was unplugged for 2 weeks and now nothing
but for a couple of months b4 i went away it was hard to get it too boot sometimes took 3 to 4 resets and then others strait away
im seriously starting to think the PSU is the problem

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@poweramiga

Get the PSU checked first. It was a PSU that fried my A1XE board back in December. Get it checked ASAP. If it is fine, then check the Voodoo card.

As a side comment, being that the Voodoo card is a bit old, you may want to replace it with a Radeon 9xxx anyways, especially to make use of compositing effects.

Sold the SAM460ex lite... waiting for money for X5000 or A1222 and OS 4.2
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@poweramiga

could this be a failing PSU ?
No, connections. Too many to count...

no signal to monitor thats as far as we get :(
Uboot is not switching the gfx system. Remove the chip and clean-up the pins & socket with electrical spray cleaner. and re-install. Worked here long ago.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
my first psu died on me. the one i use now have worked since ages and is silent.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@interrogative

What about if the processor board is not connecting very well.
Mine needs the slightest of rocking to function again.
Similar to Snuffy i guess then requiring some spray on the connectors.

A1200 060/ppc Grex/Voodoo
OS 3.9

A1 G4/1Ghz born again thanks to Acube Systems.
OS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@poweramiga

Check out A-EON's news-section. There is a news update from today, and this will please you quite well. AmigaKit has been chosen as the main world-wide distributor of the AmigaOne X1000 system.

Soon to own a powerful AmigaOne X1000 with latest AmigaOS 4.1 incarnation ;) Dual Core PPC!

- Helgis
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Helgis

I was tempted to post cause i think that the guy is having a problem with his beloved A1 so please Helgis stop reminding him about the forthcoming new Amiga. We are all over the moon about it but give this guy a break now. Do you have anything to propose instead of promoting X1000? He still wants his A1 if that's possible, me thinks!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@portarinos

I apologize for that. It was only a suggestion, but should realize he only wanted his old A1 fixed...

Speaking of broken A1. Perhaps AmigaKit can help him with the situation?

- Helgis
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Helgis

No need to apologize man! I think that we all have an X1000 in mind BUT i suppose that we should keep alive our previous hardware too.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@poweramiga
If you like, I may have an extra power supply, video card, or stick of RAM I can give you to test with.
Is that an AmigaOne XE you have?

Sam460 : X1000 : X5000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
If you are someone who has had an AmigaOne for a long time and especially if you leave it on all the time like I do, It is time to replace your fans!

Most fans are only made to last for a few years, and they will often start to perform worse and worse as they age, which means you will start heating up. If the bearings on your CPU or case fan die, you may not hear it or notice before you have a dead machine. It's getting into spring overheating season in the northern hemisphere, so when you take your case apart for dust removal, spend a few quatloos to replace your important fans and hopefully the A1s will live a while longer.

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »