Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
137 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 137

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
Pianeta Amiga 2009
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
This year, is the most wonderfull Pianeta of Ever !!!!!!! :D

Go to top
Re: Pianeta Amiga 2009
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@nubechecorre
Teezer. How about some info and facts?

X5000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@nubechecorre

Quote:

nubechecorre wrote:
This year, is the most wonderfull Pianeta of Ever !!!!!!! :D

why? please give facts.
some news were announced. i have not seen one so far. gnash was announced and shown - also downloadable i think.
but some "surprising" news were announced. where are they?!

byebye...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MichaelMerkel

Maybe they were lying to us?
Just to get some posts on the forums. Hehe. I'm not very patient now,want some good news.

X5000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Antique

Tomorrow as i come back to home ( after a trip of 6 hours ) i will download all my photos ( about 100 photos ) and do a review of all the show in italian and english language

For the moment all that i can say is : " RED WINE ! "

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@seiyas

Thanks for the Video's was that blender shown in one of the clips?

This Puny World will bow down to
Professor Chaos
Prepare for the greatest Villan you have ever seen!!
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@seiyas

Nice video

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@nubechecorre

lmao, "RED WINE!!!!"

We have next years title, ;).
Pianeta Amiga 2010 (Red Wine Edition).

As I said over at amiga org,
Thanks for making it a good first time show for me. It was good to meet you all and I had alot of fun. Especially in the nights (insert red wine here), :).

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@AJS

Quote:

was that blender shown in one of the clips?

yes

[edit]Click post before I added my reply. Doh![/edit]
[edit]Correct spelling in my reply! Double Doh! (having a bad internmet moment!)[/edit]

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@broadblues

Blender is really cool even if it block my mouse when i go i a low video memory state (on the A1 with a 9250 and Composer ON)..
Strange that it freeze only the mouse and that the mouse is not an USB mouse..
If i turn off the composer i have no problem

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@afxgroup

That's interesting. I've had no problems with lack of video mem the two set ups I've tried it on, but I know there were some issues whilst testing for the demonstraion at Pianeta.

I typically use it on a 1280 x 1024 16bit screen, but it also works for me with a 32bit screen at that res. I don't need to turn compositing off.

I have a radeon 9250 with 128Mb memeory. and a SAM_Flex atm. It also worked with a similar config on my defunct A1.

How much video memory did you have free before starting blender (if you can remember?)

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@broadblues

i use a 1680x1050x32bit resolution on a 22" LCD screen and with composer on i reach also "96 bytes" of memory free..

but this is not only a blender problem but also other games reach that values..

my card is a 9250 with 64mb of memory

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@afxgroup

This is slightly off topic i know but I forget to ask at Pianeta Amiga, it is now solved the 128 MB (video mem) limitation on OS 4.1 ?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@afxgroup

I've just been trying blender on a 1440 x 1200 @ 32 screen which is about as big as my CRT montor will display (it's a fraction flickery but it works...)

This is 1728000 pixels as opposed to your 1680x1050 which is 1764000, so nearly the same.

My video mem free starts about 100Mb before blender and goes down to about 70Mb after so blender needs abouit 30Mb video ram in these size screens. The render window used up another 8mb chunk. Which takes the total usage over 64mb

I found blender ran fine on this screen size, but I have twice as much video mem than you.

I also tried setting a screen where the visable res was still at 1280x1014 but the screen size was 1680x1050 so you had to push the sreen arround with the mouse to see all areas. I rapidly got lockups in this case.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@broadblues

ah, forgot to say that the mouse stop working when i move it. So there is something that decrease the video ram when i move it

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Surprised that no-one has mentioned the BIG news about OS4.1 at the show. I will quote some AmigaWorld posters:

Tuxedo wrote Quote:
Best news was (IMHO) that *maybe* OS4.1 update(if no more problems found) will be released in max one month...
Windows shadows, new notification system(really nice and usefull), usb2.0 drivers, many updated components(almost all) new system in monitor driver that asks to the monitors the supported resolutions so no more need to specify on tooltypes...

(Note that Rigo disputes/refutes/denies his "max one month" time-frame.)

guruman wrote Quote:
Max and Stefano "Lecta" Guidetti were showing the current beta/development version of AmigaOS 4.1 on Sam and AmigaOne. Most of the new features have already been mentioned, but I'll list there anyway:
- new notification system: all applications registered to the application.library can send notifications to the notification server (called Ringhio) that can be configured to display them on the WB screen. This feature was shown in conjunction with a new version of XNet-RSS: every time an RSS feed is updated, a notifications pops up and disappears after a few seconds. If you click on it, you will open a browser on the page of the relevant news. The concept can of course be extended to other uses.
- new WBStartup handling. You don't need to copy the programs in a different dir anymore, you add them to a list in a (new) separate prefs program, and you can keep just one copy. This means less hassle when updating commodities, you don't risk to have the WBStartup "out of sync"... The loading of the commodities at startup is accompanied by the display of their icon on a bar in the middle of the screen, like in many other OSes.
- new bigger icons.
- support of DDC: the OS recognizes the monitor and sets the screenmodes automagically, without having to edit tootypes by hand.
- new shell: finally AmigaOS 4 has a shell with multiple tab support, scrollbars and buffers, history and completion all at once.
- new intuition (with shadows around windows) and extended ReAction.
- a lot has been changed underneath and is not really visible (DOS.library, for instance): it is mainly a lot of bugfixes that now makes the system, especially on Sam, much more stable (Max had to admit that the first release for Sam was really the absolute bare minimum, in terms of stability).

About USB 2.0: an ohci.device was shown, but it still is in early beta, so it's not sure and actually doubtful it will be included in the next updated which is due soon(ish).

(I put bold on stuff I thought most interesting.)

Edited by ChrisH on 2009/9/28 18:25:01
Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@afxgroup

Quote:

ah, forgot to say that the mouse stop working when i move it. So there is something that decrease the video ram when i move it

Well as you move the mouse arround the blender window, various parts of the gui get hilighted / dehilighted as you move over them. Minigl will be making temporary allocations to handle this so if video memory is hypercritical, these are going to fail eventually.

Why just the mouse locks in your case I don't know. If I get a lockup type crash with minigl usually the whole machine locks up nd needs rebooting from scratch. (power button)

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@broadblues

this doesn't seems a crash since the keyboard works and i can make a soft reset without problems.
Weird..

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@ChrisH

I don't "dispute" it, I categorically deny there is any time-frame.

If it takes 6 months, so be it.

Simon

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »