Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
151 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 150

amig_os, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 »
Re: OWB 2.15
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

Works fine on my OS4 classic.
Thank you for a great FAST browser.
Now I can enjoy my Amiga 4000 again.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@salass00

Quote:
@joerg

Quote:

* Built the current versions of libcairo and libpixman-1 as static link libraries, with the static libraries OWB works on AmigaOS 4.0 again.
I assume these are built with newlib, right?
Of course.

Quote:
If so could you upload them to OS4Depot? I tried building them a while back but I must have done something wrong because the program I compiled with them just crashed immediately (I didn't have this problem with Andrea's port).
I didn't have to port anything, for both it was just configure && gmake.
It's an incomplete version, I disabled everything not required by OWB (PDF, PostScript, etc.), it doesn't include the amiga bitmap surfaces of the AmigaOS 4.1 Cairo and I only built static link libraries, no shared objects, but if that's no problem I can upload the libraries and includes.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@joerg

Thanks. I need cairo for my SVG datatype. As long as your library can render to an ARGB32 buffer it should be OK.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@salass00

Quote:
Thanks. I need cairo for my SVG datatype. As long as your library can render to an ARGB32 buffer it should be OK.
AFAIK image surfaces can't be disabled, and OWB uses them as well, but the SVG support is disabled ...
I've uploaded it to os4depot.net anyway.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@joerg

Very nice version! ... also for some reason earlier versions used 90-100% C PU when the "SAM" text at this page was showed (if I scrolled down to hide them it went down). It doesn't get that high anymore...

Besides is that normal and has it happened to anyone else?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@joerg

I don't use the SVG output feature of cairo so that doesn't matter (the datatype doesn't have write support).

I just downloaded the static libraries from OS4 Depot and will try them out when I'm back at my A1.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Great work! Now it doesn't crash on starup anymore (me touches wood).
Huge thanks!

Edited by Jack on 2008/11/23 0:58:52
Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Kicko

I also encountered this problem as well. I want to use a simple html file on my system as my "homepage", rather than accessing amigans.net or any other website thousands of kilometers away from where I live.

HOME=file:///dh0/owb/myfile.html
Has worked fine with previous versions of OWB.

OWB 2.15 seems to just want "file:" to be assigned to something ... it doesn't seem to care where. Even ramdisk works.

Temporary fix .... I added the following to my user-startup file ...

assign file: ram:

---
redfox

Edited by redfox on 2008/11/23 0:03:58
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

OWB 2.15 works great here (other than the file:///... thingy mentioned above).

---
redfox

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@hotrod

Quote:

hotrod wrote:
@joerg

Very nice version! ... also for some reason earlier versions used 90-100% C PU when the "SAM" text at this page was showed (if I scrolled down to hide them it went down). It doesn't get that high anymore...

Besides is that normal and has it happened to anyone else?

Same here, noticed the cpu load drop right away. from average of about 75% to something like 40%.

About file downloads: a menu attahced to a link or even shift-click or right click to copy url to the clipboard would be nice intermediate solution.

Very nice version indeed. First usable OWB here, and very usable!
I think it is going to replace awb here, Even the bank's site works here, including almost correct rendering of Hebrew text (managed to pass the login, but due to malfunction on their side couldn't perform no queries)

Jack

Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Joerg

When loading a huge page and trying to scroll through the page before it has finished loading, OWB freezes with a 100% CPU usage.

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
It seems a bit faster and smoother now. I noticed the screen shots on the OWB web page are of the first version which had the built in address book, is this function going to return at some point rather than using a limited external program?

Has anyone who has use OWB on facebook tried to use the chat system? as I have been able to open a window and type but when I press return to enter the text nothing happens.

A1XE G4 800Mhz, 512Mb, Sil0680, ATI9200se 128Mb, Sounblaster Live & Catweazle Mk3 with SID chip +OS4.1.
A4000 233MhzPPC/04025Mhz, 112Mb, CyberPPC, OS3.9
Other Amiga's A4000, A2000 A500+, A500 & various hardware. 15+ other retro machines.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@K-L

The same here!! (on OS4.0)

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich

Warp - Croatian Amiga portal
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
Don't forget that you can submit feature requests and bugs at the OWB bug tracker:

http://bugs.os4depot.net/?function=viewissues&softwareid=1

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg

Never tried any versions of owb cos of slow,not too good in my thinking. But have problems with ib crashes,so i thought i'd give it a try. Must say igot very impressed. Is much faster now than i can remember from last time i tried. And no crashes yet. Even works where i didn't expect it to. Very good work.

X5000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Joerg

Thank you vey much, this version is a lot faster and even more usable, now i have 4 pages open and tunenet running and everything is smooth, the only thing that it miss, to be a fully browser is the download option..

But still a great work

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@VooDoo

I have the same problem. Os4 classic A4k.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@joerg

I just compiled svg.datatype using your cairo libraries. I had to add code for opening/closing threads.library but now it works.

Edited by salass00 on 2008/11/24 14:05:47
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@jorg
i have experienced a system hangup when (slowly) dragging vertical scrollbar several times. i wasnt able to observe more closely what leads to the crash. my system is basically a4k with csppc, mediator and voodoo if that is of any importance. other than that there is great improvement in speed, function and stability, the owb is becomming usable as first choice browser on os4 the way i see it. only that memory thirst worries me somehow. wouldnt that make sense to implement some kind of privately managed page file like clarissa or photoshop are using?

?h: havnt read the thread closely. i think my prob is the same as voodoo and k-l have reported

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Arnie

I can confirm that chat in facebook doesnt work here either. it didnt work in previous versions of OWB either.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 »