Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
127 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 124

K-L, amigait, VooDoo, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Amiga Center at Kent
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@DoodooHead

Quote:
Now the complaining about the new design can begin.

Na, that's another site.

We don't complain over here.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@jahc

Quote:

jahc wrote:
@Helge

Theres mentions of AmigaOS on their new site. They just did a complete redesign and could have chosen to left it out, but they didnt.

This is true, but I didn't mean the site itself, but their missing actions to make OS4 happen on many devices. Don't you think that without them, Hyperion had already ported OS4 to a number of different devices?

It is true that they did not leave out AmigaOS on their new site. But think logical, what they want is to make good impression for the peoples who visit it. Amiga Inc don't have many products to show. Only mobile games in fact and AA which is hard to understand what it is.
So if they want to live up to their claims about being the "world?s premier provider of multi-media enabling technologies" or the third best recognized brand in Europe, they need to put everything they have or that they can use on this site, AmigaOS and Amiga history included!

If they have AmigaOS, some visitors will at least think that Amiga Inc. developed it and they will be impressed.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@GregS

Quote:
The town only has 85,000 people, so the multi-millions must refer the the centre's building

It's a common practice for a minor league team. Set up a multi-use venue in a place out side of the big town to avoid higher rent, taxes and such. Kent is not far from the much larger Seattle (5.8 million) and the team is the "Seattle Thunderbirds".

Here there is a minor league hockey team that actually plays in a similar building that is about 30miles away from downtown Atlanta. The town is called Duluth with a population of about 24,000. But the surrounding Atlanta metro area has about 8 million people they draw from. Kent I imagine is similar.

Plaz

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Edit: Hit the Report button next time please.

Hi to all other True Amigans,

I see it this way....

Analysis:

They DO have a viable product in AmigaDE (although we all fail to see what it is), their purchase of Ruksun (was that it?) gave them access to very low cost skilled programmers, that OBVIOUSLY grasped (and very quickly) whatever it is that AmigaDE (previously) morphed (pardon me, sic) into (now), that we haven't actually seen yet.... And it MUST be good, no!, REAL good!!!

They must have like level 10 of 10 levels of security on this thing, must have shown it to some big people, and,.... they really, really liked what they saw!

I think that AOS4.x and this new AmigaDE ARE AMIGA returning to it's previous GLORY!

I've ALWAYS said, it's not what Amiga is YET, but what it is still to be*!

Apple can kiss my ass (it's just a unix GUI).

So,.... in this corner Redmond, and in THIS corner.... hehehehe!

* Which has led to people calling me strange.
AI not only means Amiga Inc., to me it also means "Artificial Intelligence", which is where this is all going.

Edited by ssolie on 2007/4/18 23:57:06
Edited by ssolie on 2007/4/19 0:01:08
Support Amiga Fantasy cases!!!
How to program: 1. Start with lots and lots of 0's. 10. Add 1's, liberally.
"Details for OS 5 will be made public in the fourth quarter of 2007, ..." - Bill McEwen
Whoah!!! He spoke, a bit late.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Edit: Take it someplace else kids.

Edited by ssolie on 2007/4/18 23:56:26
Edited by pixie on 2007/4/19 0:55:09
Edited by ssolie on 2007/4/19 23:51:19
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Edit: Take is someplace else kids.

Edited by ssolie on 2007/4/18 23:56:13
Support Amiga Fantasy cases!!!
How to program: 1. Start with lots and lots of 0's. 10. Add 1's, liberally.
"Details for OS 5 will be made public in the fourth quarter of 2007, ..." - Bill McEwen
Whoah!!! He spoke, a bit late.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Edit: Take it someplace else kids.

Edited by ssolie on 2007/4/18 23:55:59
Edited by pixie on 2007/4/19 0:54:39
Edited by ssolie on 2007/4/19 23:51:31
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I think this is great news. The Amiga brand needs to grow stronger, and this might help.

Concerning Amiga Inc's supposed lack of interest in AmigaOS4: I understand them.

1. They're not making it.
2. They're not making the hardware for it.
3. Everytime they do mention it, they get a hole lot of sh*t thrown at them from the so called community (refering to other community sites than amigans.net here).

I think it's absolutely incredible that ANY developer (HW or SW) for AmigaOS4 dares to say anything unless they already have a complete working product ready to be bought.

Amiga Inc needs to secure funds right now, and I think everybody knows that AmigaOS4 is not a great way to do that. Let Amiga Inc focus on their DE, stadiums, hockey teams and/or whatever, and just let the folks who knows their stuff make AmigaOS4 and the hardware. (Too bad about the licensing situation, but there's nothing we can do about that but hope Amiga Inc will make the right decision).

//Jimmy
A600|A600T|A1200|A1200T|A4000|CDTV|CD32
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@vr00mfondel

(nice nick by the way! why that, and not Majikthize ? )

anyway, I couldnt really give a fetid dingo's kidney as long as people like ACube get thier licence to bundle OS4 with Sam440EP, etc.

Avatar: Avro Vulcan - XH558 needs YOU !!
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

pixie wrote:

I can't argue with that!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@agafaster

I agree! I really hope i can have a new Amiga on my desk before 2007 comes to an end. Let's just hope Amiga Inc does the right thing this one time...

(vr00mfondel, or, Vroomfondel as it originally spelled, is the wild (crazy?) rebell. Majikthize is the more sensible one of the two. I am a lot more like Vroomfondel: "What we demand is a total absence of solid facts!" (suits Amiga Inc pretty good too :D)

//Jimmy
A600|A600T|A1200|A1200T|A4000|CDTV|CD32
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@vr00mfondel

At this point I think the one best thing they could do is hand the keys to OS over to Hyperion. Involving Hyperion is the only good thing I think they've done in years.

Plaz

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Plaz

Quote:

Plaz wrote:
@vr00mfondel

At this point I think the one best thing they could do is hand the keys to OS over to Hyperion. Involving Hyperion is the only good thing I think they've done in years.

In effect this is what they have done.

I think a lot of FUD has been produced by the Peg side of things, which both AI and Hyperion would, I believe, be mad to consider (re the CEO and his claims).

If you really stand back, aside from board proposals, the only one with a suitable production board (SAM, discounting over boards in various stages of development) may well be licensed and only waiting for the actual release of the OS. But we don't know really.

In short, the whole saga of AI not negotiating licenses really means a particular license, to a particular company, it has been generalised out of all proportions.

Likewise the disputes between AI and Hyperion, cannot be what is often attributed to them. They are about IP, payments etc.,. but claims that they amount to Hyperion trying to get the OS (which is largely meaningless, as they can and will continue to develop it and sell it - is not likely to be in dispute)

Hyperion retains rights to distribute the OS to licensed HW, paying a royalty to AI (my guess). What is OS4 is a flexible definition that allows Hyperion to further develop it.

Ownership would only effect three things, royalty payments, naming rights, and licensing.

I doubt these are seriously at issue, there is plenty of ground for other disputation, that involve finance, IP rights that can be resolved without the ownership of the OS being made an issue, as it so often is.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Plaz

I would caution everyone to dial it down a bit. In the case of any one particular user the likelihood of that one particular user knowing anything at all about the inner workings between these companies is slightly above zero. That means that anyone spouting off about any of the involved companies probably is either violating NDA, or knows nothing of what they spout off about. Let's all remember how little we actually know and make an effort to reign in our wounded pride before it gets us somewhere that we don't want to be.

For those who are brave enough to want to know me better, visit
my Home Page, my Storefront, and blogsey
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Plaz

Quote:

Plaz wrote:
@vr00mfondel

I fully agree with you! When I look back over the last 6 years, the only single thing they have done well is to contract Hyperion for developing OS4. That is one signature on a contract!
What else did they do that concerns us? Many empty promises and fuzzy words about AmigaAnywhere and such that don't mean nothing!

It is very clear that their only priority are mobile games, AmigaAnywhere and AmigaDE. I have no problem with this and don't blame them for it, but I have absolutely 0% interest in it. I think many Amigans think the same. Even outside of the Amigans nobody has shown much interest for their AmigaDE stuffs.

I'm interested in poll results, what OS or environment are you interested in. OS3.x, OS4, OS5, AmigaAnywhere or AmigaDE?

My vote will be OS4 all the way!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@vr00mfondel

Quote:

vr00mfondel wrote:
@agafaster

I agree! I really hope i can have a new Amiga on my desk before 2007 comes to an end. Let's just hope Amiga Inc does the right thing this one time...

(vr00mfondel, or, Vroomfondel as it originally spelled, is the wild (crazy?) rebell. Majikthize is the more sensible one of the two. I am a lot more like Vroomfondel: "What we demand is a total absence of solid facts!" (suits Amiga Inc pretty good too :D)

hehehe yes, I'd forgotten ! yes it does...

Avatar: Avro Vulcan - XH558 needs YOU !!
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@all

New article (6/6)

"City of Kent waits for word on Amiga’s payment"

http://www.kentreporter.com/jumpstory ... ry=news2&pubdate=6/6/2007

Other recent articles:

Seattle Times article:

"Kent arena's new benefactor has history of troubles"

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html ... 3712151_kentarena18m.html

earlier Kent Reporter article:

"Amiga: We are good for the money"

http://tinyurl.com/22pb9h

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I wonder if this is the same 2 million dollars that they wanted to buy Hyperion out with.

Not spreading yourself thinly again are you Bill?

The court case is like a thunderstorm after a long humid summer.
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)