Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
104 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 103

Georg, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3)
Re: The Amiga Porting Team
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Maybe a list of projects in progress so other coders like myself don't duplicate work.

“The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.”
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Another good idee would be some kind of "pre porting semi coder" :D wich would mean that somebody could sort and seek possible engines in advance and priorize them.

1st Amiga value, mean is there a already game like this
2nd How hard it would be

As a matter of time, there should be some categories. So that games wich doesn't require much time and effort could be ported in real time. List of mostly SDL games that could be ported in 5min - 1 day.

As we all know that when we start to work quite much time is spended to seeking possibilities and possible problems. Could be usefull if porter could start to work immediately when he get sources and know what he should do in advance.

This could be usefull also to others who are not members of porting team.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
It could be great with a port of monkey

http://www.monkeycoder.co.nz/

Alien Air Attack

SAM440@733 mhz as main amiga.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Things came to a halt at the moment. Some programmers who initially joined the team withdrew for various reasons (new job,personal problem and so on...). Still collecting projects, tho, and trying to move forwards some projects.
Last source that we have obtained permissions to get back on the Amiga is "Distant Sun"(http://www.distantsuns.com/). But again, things get stalled.

It's very hard today to get "organized" and to find people with the necessary amount of time to realize "portings".

Sorry for this.

Retired
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@AmigaBlitter
Quote:

Things came to a halt at the momen

I assume just because there is not many commercial sources in your hands. Did you have anything commercial _right_now_ , except that distant suns ? I mean small fancy casual games for example ? Not open sourced, but real stuff ?

Quote:

It's very hard today to get "organized" and to find people with the necessary amount of time to realize "portings".

Nah, its not hard. Its hard to give interesting stuff to their hands, so they will have motivation.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Amigablitter

it should have been easy to have the agreement for Distant Sun: http://aminet.net/biz/dbase/dsdemo.readme

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Not for the latest version

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I would really suggest that there should be list of possible ports and short description what needs to be done/possible problems, missign depensies etc.

Is is difficult to found possible sources, internet is jungle without a map.

I prety sure that there has been hundreds of effort wich hasn't lead to anywhere. Somebody start to compile game/app only to find out that something importan is missing, or just don't want to do what it would require. Possible somebody else does same thing in next week...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@AmigaBlitter
Quote:
Things came to a halt at the moment. Some programmers who initially joined the team withdrew for various reasons (new job,personal problem and so on...). Still collecting projects, tho, and trying to move forwards some projects.
Last source that we have obtained permissions to get back on the Amiga is "Distant Sun"(http://www.distantsuns.com/). But again, things get stalled.

Is there a single person (perhaps you?) who acts as the leader/organiser of this "Amiga Porting Team"? If not then someone should probably be appointed, as I'm sure that'd help (if done right).

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Any news on the OS4-NAtive Port of PPaint?

Me and my son like to draw pictures with it.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I'm more interested in if any projects are underway from the porting team?

X5000
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Is this project dead?

AmigaOne X5000
Radeon HD 7700
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3)