Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
55 user(s) are online (34 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 53

FlynnTheAvatar, sailor, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 (4)
Re: downloading images in mui owb
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@xenic

Yep sorry it was a mistake (an error when typing) :-/

My version is of course 20.318

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

kas1e wrote:

Can you please try to use (default, english one) version of mui, without french locales, and trying to reproduce that "small fonts bug" ?

Based on my method, I have easily reproduced the small font problem without the french locale also.

Resized Image

Edit: this grab is with the french catalog but the same with the english buildin MUI catalog.

I, of course, type a wrong internet link (I add migans.net inside the URL adress place) to create a wrong link.

MUI-OWB search the wrong link and surely MUI-OWB use a message error longer than the small MUI-OWB window and MUI-OWB become with small fonts.

This small fonts problem exist since the beginning of MUI also on the classic.

For me, the result on the grab is the font used on mUI settings ->window->fonts->tiny and showed on the grab more smaller than the minumal size.

Question (again):

what are the font you use on MUI-OWB -> SETTINGS -> fonts

here It's:

time new roman, courrier new, arial, comic sans MS,.... but when I use the gadgets on the right of all the font line, I have only beatstream and dejavu ?

A1200+Mediator+VooDoo3+060/50+96mo+IIYAMA 17"+CD,CDRW,ZIP SCSI-KIT
SAM440EP on Mapower 3000+AOS4.1

Amiga Docs Disk Preservation Project
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Since Update4 the problem of downloading images has now gone away, all good now :)
Well for me anyway.

AmigaOne X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Xenic
Quote:

On my system, the file requester opens on WorkBench even though I am using MUI-OWB on a different Public screen. Can you make it open on the same screen as MUI-OWB? Please don't completely remove the file requester; I frequently rename downloads that have peculiar names.

Check plz if it works now on mui from update4. Should be fine now.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e
do you have plans to upgrade to a newer version of owb?
And does the clipdown stuff work with muiowb? I'd like to be able to watch some youtube clips.

X5000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Antique

First, since Clipdown only relies on clipboard monitoring, and that clipboard obviously works in OWB, it's no problem.

Then, there's no need at all for ClipDown (nor even GetVideo, if you use Youtube.js extension/userscript).

You just need to configure OWB contextmenu entries to call Getvideo, that will itself call MPlayer (it's explained precisely in GetVideo's readme).

And if you don't want to use GetVideo, just get http://fabportnawak.free.fr/owb/scripts/YouTube.js and add it through menu ->windows -> userscripts in OWB.
Once done, when loading a youtube page, the extension will add direct links (for each found format) below the video area. On MorphOS, it would also replace Flash with HTML5 video and play it directly. On OS4, since there's no builtin HTML5 player, you can still configure OWB mimetypes (video/mp4 video/webm video/x-flv in this case) and tell it to call MPlayer when clicking this kind of file.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Antique
Quote:

do you have plans to upgrade to a newer version of owb?

If fab will release his latest source code, then why not. But currently all what i want to sort out, its new title class (to not have our implementation, which out-of-design), and someone understand what we can do, to have youtube clips in the window of browser via html5 (we need to write replayer from scratch, but currently i even do not know how to integrate it, need annoy fab about how it done, and how we can do it).

Quote:

And does the clipdown stuff work with muiowb? I'd like to be able to watch some youtube clips.

I not use clipdown, i use only getvideo (check FAQ in muiowb, at the end there is description how you can setup it in easy way).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Antique:

I was only asking fab about this last week. In OWB's contextual menus you can simply set up something like this:

"work:home directory/application files/mplayer/generic/mplayer" "%l" -vo cgx_wpa -autosync 30 -mc 0 -lavdopts skiploopfilter=all >nil: *>nil:

(In this instance I am pointing to Kas1e's MuiPlayer mplayer variant.)
(These arguments are optimised specifically for users with SAM 460's with the Radeon HD 4650 graphics card.)
(With other graphics cards you should use -vo p96_pip so mplayer can take advantage of overlays (Fab might correct me on that).)

Anyways play around the string until you find the optimimum solution for you.

Ps. You will need that YouTube.js script as explained by Fab.

@kas1e:

Yeah start poking fab with a stick or something that should annoy him enough.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@fab Quote:
just get http://fabportnawak.free.fr/owb/scripts/YouTube.js and add it through menu ->windows -> userscripts in OWB.
Once done, when loading a youtube page, the extension will add direct links (for each found format) below the video area. On MorphOS, it would also replace Flash with HTML5 video and play it directly. On OS4, since there's no builtin HTML5 player, you can still configure OWB mimetypes (video/mp4 video/webm video/x-flv in this case) and tell it to call MPlayer when clicking this kind of file.

I think I must be doing something wrong, as it doesn't seem to work with this page:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUoJBerFDsA

It shows a "You need to upgrade your Adobe Flash Player to watch this video" banner. Clicking the black viewing area below it does nothing.

Below that (and an "Upgrade to Flash 10" banner) it does then say:
"Download | 44 | 35 | 43 | 34 | 18 | 5 ♦ View without Flash | 44 | 35 | 43 | 34 | 18 | 5 ♦ View Flash"

However clicking on the "View without Flash" links does nothing (except get rid of the "You need to upgrade..." banner), while the "Download" links take me to a blank page.

Unfortunately I don't know how it is supposed to work, therefore working out what I have done wrong is a bit difficult. BTW, I did try following djrikki's advice regarding MIME types (but without the >NIL: bit so I could see any error messages).

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Well, the black area can be ignored here, it's replaced with HTML5 video tag when supported.

As for the links below there are two kinds: the ones you click to play in the html5 player (view ...) which should of course be ignored too, and the download links which are the ones you're interested in.

So configure owb mimetypes -> video/mp4, video/webm, etc... to an external (or ask) action, and when clicking these links, a requester/player/whatever you configured will appear.

To be noted that Youtube sometimes advertises non available formats, too. But 18 (640x360 H264) should be available almost always, in any case.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Fab Quote:
the download links which are the ones you're interested in.
Youtube sometimes advertises non available formats, too. But 18 (640x360 H264) should be available almost always

Hey, that works, thanks

This seems a MUCH simpler solution than ClipDown + GetVideo + WGet + who-knows-what-else-I-forgot... although with the down side that it doesn't tell you which resolutions you can download (and can offer you stuff that isn't actually available to download).

On the downside, I tried to make it use my MPlayer script (which is customised how I like it & avoids needing to change settings in multiple places), but when using:
Execute Scripts:PlayVideo_MPlayer
"%l" -autosync 30 -mc 0 -lavdopts skiploopfilter=all

I get the following spurious AmigaDOS requester (which I must cancel each time) before it will play the video:
Quote:
Please insert volume
PlayVideo_MPlayer "http:
in any drive

Process: "Execute"

(And BTW getting rid of Execute does not help!)

Could this be an AmigaOS4 or MUI bug? Rather than a MUI-OWB one?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Not exactly sure, but it's caused by the use of these quotes, at least.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ChrisH

Try removing the quotes around "%l".

Software developer for Amiga OS3 and OS4.
Develops for OnyxSoft and the Amiga using E and C and occasionally C++
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Deniil
Removing the quotes makes no difference :(

BTW, I recall noticing a similar problem when trying to make the GetVideo ARexx script to use my MPlayer script (at least when that script called another script!).

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hello,

when downloading something with MUI-OWB, the ASL requester is opened on the wb screen, and not on the MUI-OWB Public screen.

this with update4 of course, there is somthing to do to see asl requester on MUI-OWB window itself ?

A1200+Mediator+VooDoo3+060/50+96mo+IIYAMA 17"+CD,CDRW,ZIP SCSI-KIT
SAM440EP on Mapower 3000+AOS4.1

Amiga Docs Disk Preservation Project
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Mrodfr
Quote:

when downloading something with MUI-OWB, the ASL requester is opened on the wb screen, and not on the MUI-OWB Public screen.

this with update4 of course, there is somthing to do to see asl requester on MUI-OWB window itself ?

That strange, because its already fixed in the mui. Ask frensh betatesters if they can reproduce it on update4, and if they can, then they can fill bugreport to bugzilla.

Edited by kas1e on 2012/1/14 16:34:43
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 (4)