Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
128 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 128

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
Need program to assemble animation frames
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Is there a program for AOS4 that will take still pictures and assemble them into an animation sequence? On Mac OS X, I use Quicktime Pro for this. On my classic Amigas years ago, I used Rend24. Is there a modern Amiga equivalent?

Go to top
Re: Need program to assemble animation frames
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@mbrantley

Actually you can even make amiga animations on OS4.x.
AdPro and FRED (the frame editor) still work just fine under OS4.x. and Cyberanim should play them back.

For 24 bit, check the docs for mencoder to see if it handles assembly of frames.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
mencoder and ffmpeg from os4depot

Article (not Amiga specific, but should work the same) here.

Happiness is mandatory
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
OK, thanks folks! Off to OS4Depot...

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

mbrantley wrote:
Is there a program for AOS4 that will take still pictures and assemble them into an animation sequence? On Mac OS X, I use Quicktime Pro for this. On my classic Amigas years ago, I used Rend24. Is there a modern Amiga equivalent?

ffmpegGUI along with ffmpeg will combine the pictures into a video. There are step by step instruction in the Hints & Tips section of the ffmpegGUI.guide file. You can use MultiRen to easily rename the files sequencially as required by ffmpeg.

ffmpeg can be found HERE!

ffmpegGUI can be found HERE!

MultiRen can be found HERE!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ktadd

Thanks. I've just used ffmpeg to assemble a test animation of the LightWave cow object moving across a black void. :)

My 30 test LW frame images were generated as IFF files, and ffmpeg doesn't seem to load IFF. So I manually converted each to JPEG with ImageFX. Got to figure out how to do that as a batch operation. Or if LW can generate JPEG files. Or it something else can assemble IFF frames into an animation.

Also, seems ffmpeg wants the files numbered like cow9, cow10, cow11. But LW generated cow009, cow010, cow011.

So I downloaded MultiRen and have sent an e-mail to the author asking for a key file. I assume this program can do the renumber for me. For my cow test with the 30 images I just renamed the files manually.

Or maybe LW can generate its numbered frames differently. Will check and see.

Thanks for the assistance!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

mbrantley wrote:
@ktadd
Also, seems ffmpeg wants the files numbered like cow9, cow10, cow11. But LW generated cow009, cow010, cow011.

Put a number representing the number of digits for the numbering in the input file name between the % and d.
For example: cow%3d
I believe this will work on your files.

Quote:
So I downloaded MultiRen and have sent an e-mail to the author asking for a key file. I assume this program can do the renumber for me. For my cow test with the 30 images I just renamed the files manually.

Yes, MultiRen will number files sequencially. It's the best program I've seen for renaming files!

As for IFF batch conversion, I'll have to give that some though. I'm sure I have some program to do it but I can't remember off hand. By the way, either jpeg or png files will work with ffmpeg.

Are you using ffmpegGUI?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ktadd

Quote:

For example: cow%3d
I believe this will work on your files.

Will give that a try shortly. Thanks.

Quote:
Yes, MultiRen will number files sequencially. It's the best program I've seen for renaming files!

Won't immediately need MultiRen if the above trick works, but then it'll be good to have such a tool in my arsenal.

Quote:

As for IFF batch conversion, I'll have to give that some though. I'm sure I have some program to do it but I can't remember off hand. By the way, either jpeg or png files will work with ffmpeg.

OK. I need to explore ImageFX's capabilities as well. It might even do the abatch conversion itself, but I'm not sure.

Quote:

Are you using ffmpegGUI?

Yeah, and it does remind me a lot of working with the old Rend24. I used that program quite a lot back in the day to assemble frames from LW and Vista Pro into animations.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@mbrantley

Quote:
As for IFF batch conversion, I'll have to give that some though. I'm sure I have some program to do it but I can't remember off hand.

Then you don't have Adpro/FRED?

Quote:
Yeah, and it does remind me a lot of working with the old Rend24. I used that program quite a lot back in the day to assemble frames from LW and Vista Pro into animations.

Ahh...all of those bring back memories.

Do you remember "pegger"?
Was principally made to accomodate Lightwave and intercept IFF save and save in .jpg format, working in the background.

btw-if you haven't got Vista Pro running on OS4.x and need instructions (assuming you have any interest), I'll give you the link.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
PicShow will save an .iff image as a .jpg, just tried it.

Look, only one leg, count em, one!
X1000/PA6T@1800MHz/2Gb/Radeon 4850

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@sundown

Quote:

sundown wrote:
PicShow will save an .iff image as a .jpg, just tried it.

Thanks, sundown. Will it batch convert, say, a directory of 200 IFF files as JPEGs? That's what I need.

I might be that ImageFX will do the job, but I need to spend a little time with the manual and experimenting.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@number6

Quote:

Then you don't have Adpro/FRED?

You know, I think I do have ADPro. I have yet to check and see if it runs with AOS4. I take it there's no problem there? I used to use ADPro back in the day and only bought ImageFX upon returning to the Amiga scene in more recent times. Time to get reacquainted with that tool.

I recently got the ImageFX 4.5 Studio manual Kermit Woodall is selling through lulu.com. Time to spend some effort on that, too.

Quote:

Do you remember "pegger"?
Was principally made to accomodate Lightwave and intercept IFF save and save in .jpg format, working in the background.

Was never familiar with pegger, as I did everything on the Amiga in IFF back in the day. It's only now I need the jpegs. Is pegger a free program? Would it still work? I think I mentioned having a render to jpeg option in my LW installation. Apparently that plug is either not working or impoperly stored, as I get no save files when using it, whereas I do get IFF images when selecting that and rendering.

Quote:

btw-if you haven't got Vista Pro running on OS4.x and need instructions (assuming you have any interest), I'll give you the link.

I do have it working with the ModePro and FakeBench screen trick. Am able to render to IFF24 and a large resolution with nice results. Gonna have to play with it some more. Also have MakePath and Terraform, all purchased new back in the day. Only problem is that VistaPro freezes the computer upon exit.

Does Scenery Animator work with AOS4? Haven't tried it, but I have that installed on my A2000/060. The results are actually pretty good with ECS screen modes on the old girl. That particular Amiga 2000 has a Personal Animation Recorder in it, as well as a Toaster. Fun, fun stuff. My daughter loves the Kiki wipes.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@mbrantley

maybe this tool will be interesting for you

Ibatch

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/v ... t=0&viewmode=flat&order=0

A1200+Mediator+VooDoo3+060/50+96mo+IIYAMA 17"+CD,CDRW,ZIP SCSI-KIT
SAM440EP on Mapower 3000+AOS4.1

Amiga Docs Disk Preservation Project
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@mbrantley

ImageMagick can probably do batch .iff ILBM conversion.... maybe.

Edit: If it supports ILBM, then it's easy to create a script for it.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

mbrantley wrote:
I might be that ImageFX will do the job, but I need to spend a little time with the manual and experimenting.

ImageFX comes with a companion program called AutoFX which is a GUI for doing batch operations using ARexx. There is an operation to convert IFF to Jpeg.

By the way. ffmpeg v0.6 will read iff files and convert them to jpeg or png but only one file at a time. Just leave ffmpegGUI in it's default setting, then disable the audio setting and set the output fomrat extension to either .jpg or .png. Unfortunatly the %d directive doesn't work with IFF files. Hmm....maybe it's time I finally implemented batch capability in ffmpegGUI.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ktadd

Quote:

ktadd wrote:
Quote:

mbrantley wrote:

ImageFX comes with a companion program called AutoFX which is a GUI for doing batch operations using ARexx. There is an operation to convert IFF to Jpeg.

By the way. ffmpeg v0.6 will read iff files and convert them to jpeg or png but only one file at a time. Just leave ffmpegGUI in it's default setting, then disable the audio setting and set the output fomrat extension to either .jpg or .png. Unfortunatly the %d directive doesn't work with IFF files. Hmm....maybe it's time I finally implemented batch capability in ffmpegGUI.

Hey, Kevin, I didn't realize until just now you are the ffmpgGUI author. That's the beauty of our little Amiga ecosystem: The developers walk among us. When I'm in a Mac forum such as MacNN, my fellow users can be helpful, but I never converse with the folks who actually make things happen. :)

Anyway, yes, I like ffmpegGUI and would warmly embrace any expanded capability with batch operations.

And I'll also check out AutoFX and the other suggestions above. Thanks, everybody!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Mrodfr
Thanks....

@mbrantley
I actually did it the reverse way... made a short clip with my Videocamera and devided it into JPGS using

1) ffmpeg + ffmpegGUI

Converted them to iff/ilbm using

2) iBatch

Made an iff anim with

3) ppaint

Used the whole thing in a hollywood presentation:

http://www.geobiz.de/Download.htm

O.k. back to iBatch:

I am the developer of this programm, on the above website and on OS4depot you can find an old arexx based script with GUI, but I suggest you use the current beta wich is completly redeveloped. The beta works fine and is nearly in release stage, but if you encounter any problems or think some functionallity should be added feel free to contact me at birkenfeld /at/ geobiz /dot/ de.

IBatch can

1) Batchconvert iff images into JPG, PNG, BMP
2) rename/renumber output images (renumberformat is currently only 3digits format (eg. image_001, image_002...) this could be changed/added though.

So check out the thread Mrodfr suggested:

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/v ... t=0&viewmode=flat&order=0

greetings gerograph

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Probably several people have srename installed, but haven't tested every possible option. Well, changing the renumbering sequence goes as follows:

> dir
vid001 vid002 vid003 vid004 vid005 vid006 vid007 vid008 vid009 vid010 vid011 vid012

> srename vid001 places 1
"vid001" renamed as "vid1"
"vid002" renamed as "vid2"
"vid003" renamed as "vid3"
"vid004" renamed as "vid4"
"vid005" renamed as "vid5"
"vid006" renamed as "vid6"
"vid007" renamed as "vid7"
"vid008" renamed as "vid8"
"vid009" renamed as "vid9"
"vid010" renamed as "vid10"
"vid011" renamed as "vid11"
"vid012" renamed as "vid12"

Back again with

> srename vid1 places 3

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@mbrantley

Quote:
You know, I think I do have ADPro. I have yet to check and see if it runs with AOS4. I take it there's no problem there?

It's probably a program deserving of its own thread.
ADPro and FRED should run on OS4.1. They do on OS4.0.
But there are files that need to be substituted and one notable file that needs outright replacing, the IFF loader.
Once this is done, you can use modepro to do some amazing things. For example, you can create the crop visual screens to be any resolution you prefer.
Again, this is something I can help you with in irc, if you like.

Regarding pegger to catch your IFF saves on the fly and save them in .jpg format instead:

Quote:
Would it still work?

The demo is still availabe here for you to test:

http://aminet.net/search?query=pegger

I've seen various uncrippled versions all over the net, so I would say it's still available.

Quote:
Only problem is that VistaPro freezes the computer upon exit.

From reading the comments in my tutorial thread, it seems to be an issue confined to OS4.1. I never had that issue on OS4.0.

Quote:
Does Scenery Animator work with AOS4?

I have no idea. Most people at the time were posting that they wanted to use VistaPro2, 3, and/or lite, so that's what I took the time to get working.

Quote:
I recently got the ImageFX 4.5 Studio manual Kermit Woodall is selling through lulu.com.

You might want to look over at OS4depot, since I can't tell from your post whether you installed IFX or had just received it:

the installer

and

the updated and native .jpg loader

I also have additional info from the goddess of IFX, cecilia, but I haven't inquired yet as to whether it can become a public release. [I need a secretary]

Edited by number6 on 2010/8/4 22:30:38
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Quote:

number6 wrote:
ADPro and FRED should run on OS4.1. They do on OS4.0.
But there are files that need to be substituted and one notable file that needs outright replacing, the IFF loader.
Once this is done, you can use modepro to do some amazing things. For example, you can create the crop visual screens to be any resolution you prefer.
Again, this is something I can help you with in irc, if you like.

Good to hear. Need to fetch the ADPro installation files from my ailing A4000D, as my floppies are probably long gone. Look forward to eventually getting it working under AOS4.

Quote:
Regarding pegger to catch your IFF saves on the fly and save them in .jpg format instead:

Quote:
Would it still work?

The demo is still availabe here for you to test:

http://aminet.net/search?query=pegger

I've seen various uncrippled versions all over the net, so I would say it's still available.

Cool. I may have mentioned in my other thread about LightWave that it appears my LW installation has some sort of jpeg saving plugin called HIIP, but it's not working. There is no output saved when jpeg is selected. As I said, this LW installation has been moved from Amiga to Amiga to Sam over the years, and so I can't even remember installing this plugin or even using it! Suppose I need to look at my Toaster installation DVD (with a version of LW requiring the Toaster card to be present) to see what's there. Got the Toaster with LW working in my A2000/060, by the way. Probably my most capable classic machine right now since my 4000 is down.

Quote:
Quote:
Only problem is that VistaPro freezes the computer upon exit.

From reading the comments in my tutorial thread, it seems to be an issue confined to OS4.1. I never had that issue on OS4.0.

Quote:
Does Scenery Animator work with AOS4?

I have no idea. Most people at the time were posting that they wanted to use VistaPro2, 3, and/or lite, so that's what I took the time to get working.

Thanks for VistaPro guidance given in the other tread. Even though I have Bryce on my Mac and have played with various versions of Vue on PC and Mac, I still like messing with VistaPro and its MakePath associated program.

Quote:
Quote:
I recently got the ImageFX 4.5 Studio manual Kermit Woodall is selling through lulu.com.

You might want to look over at OS4depot, since I can't tell from your post whether you installed IFX or had just received it:
[/quote]

Thanks. Let us know if ceclia will let you share. I do have ImageFX installed on my Sam. I initially bought the program a year or two ago and installed it on my 4000.

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »