Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
91 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 91

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 4 ... 7 »
OS4.1 Update 1 problems & solutions
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Firstly, thanks to Hyperion and the OS4 devs for a great update.

This thread is created for problems with OS4.1u1 and applications running on OS4.1u1. If you have solutions or your own problems please post here. Let me start

TurboCalc 4.0 shows no menus.
I'm running it on it's own screen, exactly the same config as under OS4.1 pre-update, yet the menu strip is blank. This makes it impossible to use.

Solution: Ensure English, French, German or Italian is included in the "preferred languages" list in Locale Prefs. TurboCalc appears to have no built-in strings for menu text, so if it can't find any valid catalog the menus do not display.

Edited by Chris on 2010/1/16 23:34:18
Go to top
Re: OS4.1 Update 1 problems & solutions
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Chris

I've downloaded the update, format my system partition and the installition hangs at 96%. Then I get a message from the grim reaper! It sucks!
I tried to start from cd and install it then. Now the grim reaper pops up at 99%. The last file displayed is always "ukrainan_ISO-8859-5.language".

The grim reaper says: "sys:utilities/installation utility", function: "ReleaseDirContent() tracker."

Switched back to 4.1 without the update

Any ideas what can the problem be?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I've noticed a problem with the PNG datatype under OS4.1 Update 1. Pictures loaded via the datatype (using MultiView, bitmap.image etc.) have artefacts in them. I get the artefacts in both 16bit and 32bit screens, with compositing on or off.

EDIT: This only seems to affect some PNG pictures. Those pictures were displayed fine by the previous version of the datatype.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Chris

My screen sometimes flicker to black for a second when opening a drawer. Very annoying. Oh, and when I open the screenblanker prefs, it blanks the screen forever, I have to do a soft-reset to get back to WB.

edit: ok, resizing windows also sometimes create the black screen thing. I've tried with and without composition and it happens under both on my Radeon 9250.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Eldritch

I have the very same issue and I have tried to get the settings for my monitor right, tried with and without DDC. It's somewhat better now that I've changed the settings manually from information in the manual etc. In windows I could see that it was set to 59Hz wich makes it blank less than if I set it to 60Hz for example, and I've added RB but it still blanks every now and then so it seems to be something that can't be fixed by the user .

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Eldritch

I had the same problem with my P2470HD. The DDC function apparently doesn't work for my monitor.

So I editted the radeon monitor icon and added +RB to my highest resolution (1920x1080@60+RB) and now the blanking has disappeared.

Be sure that you use the correct horizontal and vertical frequencies. I just found out that I had it wrong in in my 4.1 and that's why the +RB trick didn't work for until now. (have been using vga instead of DVI until now as a solution)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@hotrod

Are you sure that the horizontal and vertical frequences are set to the correct value. I had the same behaviour when I added +RB until I found outn that those frequencies were set to a wrong value.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
ok the installation went great but now I can't access the internet anymore??? When I set up my Sam initially it just worked right away no problems up to now...I'm using a high speed modem and ethernet cable directly connected from modem to sam....any ideas???
pretty sure last time i set it up i didnt have to enter any ip address etc...

EDIT: PROBLEM SOLVED

ahh solved..just had to go into Internet prefs and click on DHCP..problem solved

Edited by 328gts on 2010/1/16 5:04:26
mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@geennaam

At least I thought that it was correct but I've had a look searching for info on google (couldn't find it in the official pdf file) and it might be wrong. I'm not using the amiga right now, switched to the peezee to watch some youtube but I'll try again later. If that issue gets solved I'll be really happy .

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@gurus2000

We found this in beta testing.

My advice: re-burn your ISO, try a slower speed, different media, or "disc-at-once" instead of track-at-once".

Report back please.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@geennaam

I've found three different infos regarding hsync and vsync min and max... I've tried all three with different results... none of them work but the latest that I found seems to work best. It's crap that DDC didn't work and that I'm unable to find the information that I need. However I'm tired and will go to bed now... Maybe I continue trying later today.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Everything went fine for my SamFlex800.

Turbocalc: Version 3.5 works here, but I don't have version 4 to try. Do you get the same results if you display it on the Workbench screen instead of its own?

Screen modes: I used the monitor "auto detect", saved, rebooted, and it works great on all the modes.

Screen blankers: Work fine.

Network: The setup wizard did not give me a working connection, but after using the wizard, and then going into the Prefs:Internet, I re-save the settings and it works for DHCP. Also, if you are using a SAM, try changing the unit number between 0 and 1, in case it is referencing the wrong network port.

It is really fun using this update. Thanks Hyperion, it gets better each time and it's wonderful to have a supported AmigaOS again.

Sam460 : X1000 : X5000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Is there a way to re-size the icons in AmiDock? I use a 1024x768 screen and the new icons look too big next to my old ones. Plus I can only get about 12 on one line (I had 17 with the previous version) I looked all through the AmiDock prefs but I didn't see anything about changing the icon sizes.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Update ... Temporary fix ... disabled rear USB ports on MicroA1

Original post ...

Most of the time, I get a white workbench screen when I boot from my CD-R.

When my system finally booted into the screen where you can choose what you want to do my system froze.

MicroA1 with 750 GX CPU and 256 MB RAM

I have not formatted my system partition yet because I think I should at least be able to boot into something usable from the CD.

---
redfox

Edited by redfox on 2010/1/31 1:28:15
Edited by redfox on 2010/1/31 1:28:58
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi Guys,

Installed OS4.1.1 and have now lost all my PNG icons.

I installed the OS and no PNG icons.
I then did a restore of my backup OS4.1 without overwriting any of the new files, still no PNG icons.

Any help appreciated.

Ciao,
Trev Daley.

AmigaOneXE G4/800Mhz * 512Mb Ram * Radeon 9200SE * AOS4.1.1
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@tldaley

You have to install the png iconmodule from OS4Depot...

OS4 does not support PNG icons out-of-the-box.

You must have done it before :)

libs:IconModules - look in your backup.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@geennaam

Thank you! That worked like a charm with the +RB flag and the correct refreshrates. The flickering is gone and screenblanker works as intended now.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@RacerX

Good question, same "problem" here

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@all

Good News here

no news (problems) to report...

It's COOL!

Nice going Rogue and Team!

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi All,

I've installed this great update it on my Peg II.. I'm almost done migrating apps and such.. but I found a little problem with WET forecaster.. docky app icon won't come up in amidock if both commodities are loaded from wbstartup prefs at boot, it only shows up if I start WET after amidock is running...

I've tried to change the order in wbstartup prefs to start amidock before WET but no go.. replaced the amidock exe with the one from OS4.1 (no update) and that one works fine...

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Dragster

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 3 4 ... 7 »