Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
100 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 97

trixie, jarokuczi, white, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Trying Amigans.net
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Howdy, I'm not a new Amiga user, but I am new to this website. I've been dedicated to Amigaworld.net, but got tired fo the site for the following reasons in order of priority.

1) People who contribute nothing, but keep expecting other people to provide something.
2) x86 supporters who live in a fantasy where everyone in the world will magically use an Amiga.
3) People who ask questions that were already answered in the same thread they were posting in.
4) AROS

I live in Utah, USA and have:
1x SAM Flex 800 Mhz
1x AmigaOneXE 800 Mhz
1x Amiga4000 PPC
1x Amiga1000 packed away

I'll be displaying some of the above hardware at the Las Vegas Commvex gathering next weekend.
- Lars

Go to top
Re: Trying Amigans.net
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@logicalheart

Hi,and welcome to the party house.

THere is indeed some nagging on aw.net. But that's probably hos it will always be. I try to ugnore that.

Nice colloection of amigas btw.

X5000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@logicalheart

Welcome logicalheart, I saw your post on AWN
hope you enjoy it here.

This Puny World will bow down to
Professor Chaos
Prepare for the greatest Villan you have ever seen!!
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@logicalheart

Well bully for you, and welcome to Amigans network!
1x AmigaOneXE 800 Mhz I got one of them. It's a nice pet.

AmigaOS 4.1 seems to cater too much to the past, instead of looking forward.
Yes, too many 'romance the stone' here. To develope some 'new' is the thing to do.

... People who contribute nothing, but keep expecting other people to provide something.
Not me, I use those PayPal buttons quite alot!

...x86 supporters who live in a fantasy where everyone in the world will magically use an Amiga.
Hmmm, I use my Dell/XPpro for office/business in the public world, but the Amiga to me is like the pet cat/dog maybe even a pet pig! ...LOL...Something you enjoy having around!

4) AROS
'...Research OS' for x86 environments. The 'A' part somehow got 'lost in the sauce'.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Snuffy

Quote:

Snuffy wrote:

AmigaOS 4.1 seems to cater too much to the past, instead of looking forward.
Yes, too many 'romance the stone' here. To develope some 'new' is the thing to do.

Where did you quote this from? heh did someone edit there post?

In any case, what's this too many romance the stone here, if it wasn't for US so called romancers there wouldn't be an AmigaOS... its the died hard romance that keeps the spark Sir!

But before you go bonkers at me I have NEVER supported backwards compatiability... you just keep an older machine for that... It's these weird type of human beings that want one machine to do it all.

@logicalheart

greetings, I think yes this is the more Amiga pure site of the two...

heh

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@logicalheart

Welcome. Sounds like you have a nice collection of machines.

I own a very old A2000HD which is not used very much now and a MicroA1 with AmigaOS 4.1. I use a mixture of PPC programs and 68K programs, and E-UAE for a few old favourites.

The other members of my family have other computing interests, so we also have a laptop, a mini-tower machine and a full size tower machine running their favourite OS.

---
redfox

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@logicalheart

Welcome to the chill-out room. The more rabid posters from aw.net look down on the people here as "fanboys", but most of us come here just to have a friendly discussion without the noise.

I have an XE with an ACube reworked CPU running at 1066 MHz. I also have a plain XE G4 (in pieces at the moment) and a Sam 440 ep 600 MHz.
The XE and Sam are my working computers, although the Sam is more of a test platform.

I'm an OS4 dev and I spend my days writing and debugging OS4 components. I do all my development and debugging on the Amiga XE, but I use the Sam as a test platform as well.

I have an old PC laptop running W98 that is used soley as a serial terminal for the Amiga. I also have a more modern laptop running XP, but that's only used when we go on holidays. Next holiday I hope to take the Sam instead. By that time it will be mounted in a box with built-in DC power supply so that it can run from 12-24V in the campervan.

If you want to ask technical questions about the OS or its components, dis is der place. Lots of OS4 devs hang out here.

cheers
tony
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@logicalheart

Welcome to Amigans.net

Nice collection of hardware I hope you enjoy your SAM

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Slayer

Where did you quote this from? heh did someone edit there post?
Are you for real, man?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088011/
...its the died hard romance that keeps the spark Sir!
Go watch the movie and shut-up! Romance and adventure stories/movies are one thing, but
technology and the OSes is another matter. I don't want hear about old Amiga Classical software, I want hear what's coming up in the future software - if there's any .
Eh, it's starting to sound like amigaworld.net thread, replete with same old 'eye-pokers' and redundant 'jawboning'! There, go edit that!

@Logicalheart
I'll be displaying some of the above hardware at the Las Vegas Commvex gathering next weekend.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Snuffy

I was referring to

"AmigaOS 4.1 seems to cater too much to the past, instead of looking forward."

not the reference to the movie with M Douglas etc

since it was in the same bold text as the points you highlighted below that that are actually quoted from logicalhearts initial post...

moral of the story, to be clear, use certain schemes for one thing and _others for another_ but in this case you could use the quote feature.

Quote:
I've seen you use it from time to time

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@logicalheart
Quote:

Great stuff!

Hope you can make it to AmiWest in October as well. Sacramento isn't that far from vegas...

ExecSG Team Lead
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@logicalheart
Welcome mate. TonyW is correct, this is a chill out room. In this place you can discuss the things of immediate importance to us, 4.1 and HW, I visit AW have done so since inception but it doesn't cater for the original idea on why it was started, AW is a very good meeting place for "whole of Amiga" where our focus is on 4.1 and capable HW, much the same as Amiga Org does for classic. No big deal it's just we have fewer arguements as a result. Enjoy your stay.

ace

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@logicalheart

Welcome to the party :)

I happily post on amiga.org amigaworld and amigans.net depending on what I want to talk about.

Like many of the posters here I have OS4 running as the main OS on one of my amigas my sam440ep 667Mhz (no flex).

As well as owning 2 A1200 towers one with Blizzard 040 and mediator and a second with a BlizzardPPC 060 with SCSI and Blizzard Vision.

2 x A500's and a minimig with an ARM addon board for HD support.

Just because you post on one Amiga form dose not mean you cant use the others as well, just as long as you remember which site you are posting on and it primary focus as you will get more helpful responses if you post on the right site and under the correct topic.

Sam440ep 667mhz 512megs OS4.1 + Minimig, 4MB RAM, ARM add-on board
WinUae 2.3.2, OS 3.9, BB2, Catweasel MkIV
Amiga 1200, BlizzardPPC 060/200 with SCSI, mediatorSX, Voodoo3, pci lan
Go to top

Register To Post