Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
99 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 98

root, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
Scummvm expirience on os4.1 (7guest, full throttle, s&m)
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I think it can be interesting to many of amigans who in interest about plaing in some old DOS/x86 games on their's amigas. When i have my old PC (it was i386 dx2 + 8mb of memory + cd-rom), games in which i plays was : 7 guest, full throttle and Sam&Max. I still remember all these good and positive days from these games (well.. expect 7guest, can't said that its so positive game, but intersting for sure). And 2 days ago i check on os4 depot new release of scummvm (which can handle all these games) and try it.

Before i try only Sam&Max demo on my old a1200 (it was 2 or 3 years ago i think), and it was a bit 'slow' (but still, was playable). For sure on my aos4.1 and pegasos 2 with 1ghz of cpu and 1gb of memory no any problems with speed.

So, here is 3 screenshoots from 3 these games which i play latest 2 days (press on image for full size):

Resized Image Resized Image Resized Image

And a 9minutes video (youtube) which show these games, scummvm itself (some options, etc) and running at the same time many scummvms with different games which make no problems for speed and stability.

Check this out, maybe it will be interesting to someone.

Go to top
Re: Scummvm expirience on os4.1 (7guest, full throttle, s&m)
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

I've collected most of these types of games for this very same purpose... and I got hold of Buck Rogers II to run under DOSBox because I really liked Buck Rogers Countdown to Doomsday but they never released the squel on the Amiga... seems they didn't make a 3rd?

Dont know when I'll bother getting around to using any however...

I'll try them on 800Mhz 1gig Flex at some stage though!

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I didn' t know that scummvm was able to run 7 guest.. wow

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@nubechecorre
Yep, i was surprised too. 7guest support was added 0.13.0 (2009-02-28). Almost now :) Game itself very playable.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

The pics are great and is the first time I see Amiga OS 4.1 on a Pegasos 2 system.

I didn't even know that ScummVM can run 7th Ghest.Drascula is a great game too.I have lots of laughs with the dialogs of the persons of the adventure

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MamePPCA1

--offtopic:
You can just browse all my youtube vids: http://www.youtube.com/user/OMEGA12001 , expectually videos related to FPSE, Celestia and Amycygnix interesting to see. Also i have 2 'big' videos (boch around 20 minutes) related to aos4.1/peg2:

aos41_on_peg2_video Part 1 54mb
aos41_on_peg2_video Part 2 65mb

In these videos many games. utils, demoscene stuff and so on. For sure it will be show how it works in reality at moment.

--on topic:
Very nice phrases in Sam&Max , and Full Throttle are very nice too (take that.. and that!) :)

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

I've also used ScummVM for quite some time and was also pleased to learn of its ability to play 7th Guest. Must give it a try when I get some time.

TrevorD

AmigaOne X1000 betatester
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@
I used to play saverals old games with ScummVM on my ?A1 800 MHZ (512 MO fast). All games are running really fast and I'll receive 7th Guest CD soon !
I'm waiting for Fascination (cocktel vision) but this game is not yet implented

Sam460ex
Os4.1 Final Edition
2GB Fast Memory
envy 24 HT sound card
HD R9 TRIX 280X 3GO GDDR5
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I got my 7th Quest CD's through today and set about trying to run it through SCUMMVM

The first disk doesn't contain the files that SCUMMVM will pick up. Disk 2 does however.

However when you start the game it comes up saying insert disk 1 and won't move any further, even if you insert disk 1 into the Amiga.

I have tried Assigning 7TH_GUEST_1 to the directory on my Amiga containing all the CD files from that disk and no joy.

I tried editing the game set up in SCUMMVM and add in an extra path pointing to disk 1's location and again now luck.

Anyone else had this problem?

Sold up all my Amiga gear, not only an Amigan via Amiga Forever!
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tommo1975

Yeah, the same boredom was for first for me also.

You just need copy files from CD 1 and from CD 2 to the one directory (on which you will point later scummvm). 2 files will be also on this stage overwrited (becouse intro and somethink else present on boch cd's). If you need also cda music, you need grab it from cd's and convert to mp3, with names: track1.mp3, track2.mp3, track3.mp3 and put to the same directory where you put files from boch cds'

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e
@tommo1975

Which is pointed out quite clearly in the Readme...

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I've been playing DIG with latest ScummVM (0.13.1) and I get constant crashes during play.

Sometimes during play a debug console opens. If I type 'exit' in the console the game freezes.

On OS4 side I get following error:

_outputSize: 8406!
SDL_BlitSurface failed: Surfaces must not be locked during blit!

Sometimes the game crashes with GR:

Crash log for task "SDL thread 0x6a2dce30"
Generated by GrimReaper 52.7
Crash occured in module scummvm at address 0x7F09628C
Type of crash: DSI (Data Storage Interrupt) exception

Any ideas what could cause these?

I have the full crash log if somebody needs it.

"Ain't Got no cash, Ain't got no style, Ladies vomit when I smile, but does Zoidberg worry?"
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@GrumpyOldMan

It's running flawlessly here...

I remember that SDL thread crashes, but iirc they were gone with installing OS4.1.

Be sure to have all the updates installed and if this don't help, reinstall your OS and try again.

Is it a special occasion in the game where it crashes? Can you send me the save state or does it crash randomly?

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Raziel

Quote:

Raziel wrote:
@GrumpyOldMan

I remember that SDL thread crashes, but iirc they were gone with installing OS4.1.

Be sure to have all the updates installed and if this don't help, reinstall your OS and try again.

Is it a special occasion in the game where it crashes? Can you send me the save state or does it crash randomly?

If possible, I'd like to skip the 'reinstall OS' routine. Rest of the system behaves without any problems. I have OS4.1 and the three AmigaOne quickfixes installed.

Is it possibly some .so file behaving badly? Any special one I should check out?

Crashes happen in random situations - when I try to use some object, enter a room etc.

I have a save game file which crashes the game almost instantly - where do you want me to sent it? It seems PM here at amigans.net does not allow attachments.

I can also sent the crash log to OS4Depot's crash log area if you like.

Edit: I also get GR for "ScummVM":

Crash log for task "scummvm"
Crash occured in module kernel at address 0x0141B334
Type of crash: unknown exception

Both crash logs are now uploaded to crashlog.os4depot.net .

Edited by GrumpyOldMan on 2009/6/21 23:15:17
"Ain't Got no cash, Ain't got no style, Ladies vomit when I smile, but does Zoidberg worry?"
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@GrumpyOldMan

Quote:

Quote:

If possible, I'd like to skip the 'reinstall OS' routine. Rest of the system behaves without any problems. I have OS4.1 and the three AmigaOne quickfixes installed.

Is it possibly some .so file behaving badly? Any special one I should check out?

No problem.

Check libstdc++ (thats the one that likes to crash my .so based exes) but there is unfortunately no indicator telling which crashed

Quote:

Crashes happen in random situations - when I try to use some object, enter a room etc.

I have a save game file which crashes the game almost instantly - where do you want me to sent it? It seems PM here at amigans.net does not allow attachments.

Send it ot my private mail address, look at my account, it should be there, otherwise look at os4depot.net?s ScummVM entry, i?m listed as the porter

Quote:

Do so aswell, please. Its always good to have the logs in a central place to review and such

Quote:

Thats most surely the crash i also get when starting ScummVM while OWB is running...it seems libstdc++.so is crashing and taking the system (or at least part of it) with it

EDIT: One more thing, try to reinstall the game files, most of the questionable bahaviour in ScummVM (yes, even crashes) goes back to corrupted data files

EDIT2: Yes, the ScummVM crash is the same i get when OWB is open, seems to be a problem with the .so files, as is the DIG crash (at least it looks like) ... not that i could do anything about it.
The only thing you could try is to start ScummVM without any other programs open and try again...

Edited by Raziel on 2009/6/22 21:16:07
People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

yes ScummVM is great for rekindling the old early graphic adventures. I was particularly impressed with the playability of the Broken Sword series which was never released for the Amiga in the first place.

A1XEG4 PPC 7457 1.3GHz
A-Eon X5000
CDTV!!
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Swisso

Back to the past i was enjoed by Sam&Max, funny colorfull (for PC of these past times) game. I got this game in floppy-disks and play i think on 286/1mb of ram. FullThrottle and 7guest was later (after i got the cd-drive), but enjoy it a lot too. I remember that after 7guest was done game called 11 hours (like second part of 7guest), but for me it was suck :). The other good game, and which i think can be emulated by ScummVm, it's PHANTASMAGORIA (The horror which was solded on 4 or 7 cds). Like it a lot too, some evil scenes bring to my child mind very good :)

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e
I think in the past the lucasarts Indiana Jones series was what really got me hooked. Especially Last Crusade and Atlantis. Then of course the comical Secret of Monkey Island. Before that I had been content with text adventures, which were so laborious but very fulfilling to complete.
Nothing beats a good cartoon adventure though, and I sometimes think that too much realism is now in the games they are not so enjoyable. It is done at the expense of humour and playability.

A1XEG4 PPC 7457 1.3GHz
A-Eon X5000
CDTV!!
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Raziel

Quote:

Raziel wrote:
@GrumpyOldMan

Quote:

Quote:

No problem.

Check libstdc++ (thats the one that likes to crash my .so based exes) but there is unfortunately no indicator telling which crashed

Quote:

Send it ot my private mail address, look at my account, it should be there, otherwise look at os4depot.net?s ScummVM entry, i?m listed as the porter

Quote:

Do so aswell, please. Its always good to have the logs in a central place to review and such

Quote:

Thats most surely the crash i also get when starting ScummVM while OWB is running...it seems libstdc++.so is crashing and taking the system (or at least part of it) with it

EDIT: One more thing, try to reinstall the game files, most of the questionable bahaviour in ScummVM (yes, even crashes) goes back to corrupted data files

EDIT2: Yes, the ScummVM crash is the same i get when OWB is open, seems to be a problem with the .so files, as is the DIG crash (at least it looks like) ... not that i could do anything about it.
The only thing you could try is to start ScummVM without any other programs open and try again...

Allthought the file sizes were exactly the same, I reinstalled the DIG files from the CD and now the crashes are gone. So it seems something went wrong when I copied the files first time.

I am happy the game works now but a bit worried about the reasons which caused the problem in first place. Was the file corrupted during copy or is my hard disk developing a fault?

Anyway, many thanks for your help!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Is there a guide to setting up ScummVM on AOS 4.1 somewhere?

I'm not getting any speech or digitized sound. (no speech in Curse of Monkey Island, no voiceover and speech in Full Throttle).

I do have all the assorted volumes turned up in the AHI prefs, and music plays OK, just not voices.

---
Update: I fixed the sound by specifically setting ScummVM's sound to 44 KHz, so now I'm getting sound properly.

---
Update update: Sound in general is working, but I'm still not getting speech in Curse of Monkey Island.

I get an error message 'WARNING: Lanuage file is forced to be ignored!'

Edited by jbni on 2009/6/23 2:38:19
Edited by jbni on 2009/6/23 2:52:54
Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »