Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
140 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 140

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 4 »
Re: OWB 3.15
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@jahc

The only thing that really bugs me is the stalls. Its quite annoying.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

really great. OWB ist extremly fast here!

One minor thing (which exists since the very ferst OWB version that I tested) can be seen here:

http://www.tamar.net/phpBB

There's a news-ticker ('Tamar-Tagesbote') in the upper half of the webpage, which dynamical shows some "news messages" via java-script. Sometimes that news message is 3 lines (instead of two). When that happens, "mouse-over" event on links below the new-ticker destroys the page layout. Refreshing doesn't work corretly.

With IBrowse, AWeb, Opera, Firefox this doesn't happen. But all these browsers are much slower than this new OWB release :)

greetings,
nexus

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
I am not so in business, but maybe porting of morphos download manager will be more or less easy ?
That's impossible since the MorphOS port of OWB is not open source. But even if the sources would be available they would be just as useless as the AROS ones, about 90% of the code for a download manager is GUI related and the MorphOS one uses MUI4.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

You said OWB doesn't have a GUI... What are these back/forward buttons that I see? If you can add a bookmarks feature, then you can add a download manager, or at least a progress bar.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@MickJT

Quote:

MickJT wrote:
@joerg

You said OWB doesn't have a GUI... What are these back/forward buttons that I see? If you can add a bookmarks feature, then you can add a download manager, or at least a progress bar.

I always get suspicious of people who have a very low post count and then all of a sudden start speaking out about something very specific.

Mr J probably doesn't bother elaborating to extreme levels on every enquiry that comes his way. Or I'd like to think so anyway.

I'm not in the least bit worried about a progress bar or a download manager; I've donated towards the project and will donate again down the road.

Have you bothered to donate?

Software developers or similair deserve lots of room to do there thing as it unfolds. It is acceptable to discuss and even suggest features but I don't think it is at all necessary to try and pin them down on something for the joy of making your own point or satisfying your own ends.

It serves no purpose and truely annoys me and can probably conjure the same response from a Developer at times also.

So just try and relax and the features will come.

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Slayer

Hey, MickJT is actually a Sam owner, a developer, and is also helping me at times too with SabreMSN.. so let's go easy on him. I don't believe he's trolling.

@Mick

I think what they meant was that the base of OWB is primarily a web page renderer. The navigation buttons, url location gadget, scrollbar for the page, browser tabs, etc, is platform specific code, and created from scratch for the OS4 port, to support the rendered display.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@jahc

Quote:

jahc wrote:
@Slayer

Hey, MickJT is actually a Sam owner, a developer, and is also helping me at times too with SabreMSN.. so let's go easy on him. I don't believe he's trolling.

Then he needs to watch the Matrix Trilogy again!

KNOW THY SELF

It still looks more competitive than constructive...

But hey, I'm not above common sense nor supporting any AmigaOS developer.

@MickJT

Do you have any projects of your own MickJT?

I am surprised you own a SAM, that's a nice surprise

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Slayer

:)

@thread

Is there a way to use custom fonts in OWB? I'd like to choose a font thats maybe a little less chunky for my struggling eyes. Something big and skinny. (cue sex jokes).

I've finally removed IBrowse2.4 from my load all apps script (I click on the script's icon in the dock if I'm not having a major programming session and crashing over and over!).. and I've replaced it with OWB 3.15. It's amazing that I'm on Amiga, and using a browser thats displaying all my favourite sites either great, or in most cases, perfect! It's damn nice. Filer, OWB, Alt Tab Switcher.. its really enhanced my Amiga using experience.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@jahc

I have a low post count guess im a troll lol. Anyway, owb working ok id donate if there was a download manager. My fingure sitll hovering over the donate button.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I have problems here :

http://gate2home.com/?language=el&sec=2

1- You should normally be able to type directly from your keyboard, but it does weird things.
2- If you select the keys with the mouse, they work, but when you select an accent and then the vowel for it, all the text desappears.
3- If you click on "google it" it works, but if you copy the text and paste it (in google or elsewhere) you only get ???????? (the utf8 encodings are gone)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

Quote:

That's impossible since the MorphOS port of OWB is not open source. But even if the sources would be available they would be just as useless as the AROS ones, about 90% of the code for a download manager is GUI related and the MorphOS one uses MUI4.

Ehm, really MorphOS OWB and AROS OWB share almost the same code for download manager, or I had understand in this way...

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ShInKurO

Joerg mentioned the GUI relation - so i suppose the MUI4 and Zune implementation are rather similar towards mostly identical. So "porting" to Reaction seems not worth the effort - especially if you don't want to use a mixture of Reaction/MUI GUIs in one application...

X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@cha05e90 & ShInKurO

AROS and MorphOS download manager GUI are actually totally different source-wise.
Here's the MorphOS one: http://fabportnawak.free.fr/dlmanager.png
and here's the AROS one: http://sszymczy.rootnode.net/projects/owb/download_manager.png

In any case, the generic download delegate API thingy makes it quite easy to plug an os-dependant download manager. And for the record, the MorphOS one takes less than 1000 lines. :)

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Fab
Quote:
And for the record, the MorphOS one takes less than 1000 lines. :)

How about showing us and releasing the sources for everybody like you said you would in the #morphos IRC channel?

ExecSG Team Lead
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ssolie

Why, it's MUI stuff anyway, totally useless and worthless. :)

And the generic download code (that was written by aros owb porter and me) is already imported in main tree.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Fab

Quote:

Fab wrote:

Oh oh...i smell electricity - ozone? good point!

Quote:

And the generic download code (that was written by aros owb porter and me) is already imported in main tree.

That's - on the other hand - quite nice to know!

X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@MickJT

Quote:
You said OWB doesn't have a GUI... What are these back/forward buttons that I see?
I've added them in the AmigaOS 4.x version of OWB, the 3 other ones (SDL, Gtk and Qt) don't have a toolbar nor any other GUI elements.

Quote:
If you can add a bookmarks feature,
The "OWB GUI" bookmark used by the AmigaOS 4.x version of OWB was implemented by George Sokianos.

Quote:
then you can add a download manager, or at least a progress bar.
Of course I could do it if I would have the time for it, and implementing a download manager is very easy, but I don't consider it an important feature. There are browser independent download managers for AmigaOS which can be used instead and a lot of more important browser features missing in OWB which can't be replaced by external tools.
OWB is free, open source software and like with any such software your options if you want to have a feature which doesn't exist yet are
- Implement it yourself.
- Pay someone to implement it for you.
- Wait until someone else does one of the above for you.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Fab

Quote:

Fab wrote:
@ssolie

We all know this is a perception or reality based on where your vantage point is. So when he says its useless he means its useless from where he is standing or what he could use it for within his roadmap of software development. This does not however mean someone else going in another direction couldn't use it, but you already know this.

I really don't understand why this kind of situation emerges from time to time.

People want the best of both worlds but I really don't think the benefits outweigh the hassle related to it. A bit like some people believe they can have friendships with there ex-partners and believe there new partner is completely comfortable with it. Some new partners actually succeed in convincing themselves they are infact comfortable with it, these individuals are not intouch with there subconscious.

Why raise the question or argue the point simply because you can, surely there is far better things to do in life than indulge in humoring your intellect.

Once you realise like I do that Life is truely a perception and if you lost your mind you'd have no life you'll begin to understand that there is no point exercising your mind in fruitless endevours...

I'm proof of concept; You can be a total headcase but have a solid grounding in commonsense. LOL

I can just see Fab scratching his head thinking... WTF? Ok, back to work for me, I didn't come in to work on Sat to post on Amigans

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

I have a problem on www.meinvz.net. I can't read any message in my inbox. With OWB 3.13 and 3.14 it works fine. It seems a javascript-problem.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I tried to help out with OWB, but I couldn't even get the thing to compile on my A1.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 4 »