Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
46 user(s) are online (30 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 46

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3) 4 »
Re: OWB 3.4
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@retro
Quote:

faster ????

hehehe it runs faster then firefox here

Your speed may depend on the connection type. With my dialup connection IBrowse loads the Amigans news page in 19 seconds while OWB takes over a minute. I think that disk based caches (like IBrowse & AWeb use) make a big difference with some site when you're using dialup. It may not make much difference with a high-speed connection and some sites change so frequently that caching is not very useful.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@xenic

Quote:
Your speed may depend on the connection type. With my dialup connection IBrowse loads the Amigans news page in 19 seconds while OWB takes over a minute. I think that disk based caches (like IBrowse & AWeb use) make a big difference with some site when you're using dialup. It may not make much difference with a high-speed connection and some sites change so frequently that caching is not very useful.
The contents change on sites like amigans.net, but text like the HTML pages is compressed (even if the server doesn't compress it on dialup your modem does) and therefore transferred fast anyway, but the images don't change.
I wont implement a disk cache in OWB this year, but you can use a local caching proxy, for example Apache, instead. libcurl which OWB uses for network transfers supports environment variables for setting the proxy:
Quote:
http_proxy, HTTPS_PROXY, FTP_PROXY
?
They should be set for protocol-specific proxies. General proxy should be
set with
?
ALL_PROXY
?
A comma-separated list of host names that shouldn't go through any proxy is
set in (only an asterisk, '*' matches all hosts)
?
NO_PROXY
?
If a tail substring of the domain-path for a host matches one of these
strings, transactions with that node will not be proxied.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before. I seem to be getting graphical corruption within the OWB window. Here's an example:
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a21 ... /Amiga/owb_corruption.png grab[/a]

This doesn't happen with all sites, mainly Facebook. I have plenty of RAM free.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Here progressbar text is wrong (always "currenvalue/total")

Screenshot here

Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@joerg
Quote:
I wont implement a disk cache in OWB this year[

That's fine. I have no complaint about the speed and was only pointing out that some people may notice a speed difference if they are on dialup but possibly not if on a high-speed connection.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@BillE
8Mbit British "broadband" will be laughed at in many countries, never mind that the average speed is more like 4Mbit

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ChrisH

i got 20 megabyte !!! connection
but in realaty its more like 14.5 and only 2 in up...

Edited by retro on 2009/1/21 3:07:49
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@retro

Quote:

retro wrote:

i got 20 megabyte !!! connection
but in realaty its more like 14.5 and only 2 in up...

I think my connection is like 8 megs a sec or supposed to be but the thing that I find incredible about these types of conversations is in actual reality how many servers do you use that can maintain a speed anywhere near 20 megs a sec or even 8 megs a sec

Even a local network probably requires special interfaces?

I haven't found one and it's a good thing too, I max out my 30 gig download limit per month quite easily in 3-4 good days of leeching... then it's $2 for each additional gig... at the peak of my uncontrolled downloading I was averaging $400 a month internet bills...

adios!

like I keep saying making things cheaper etc etc just makes more people unsatisfied with things... ya think you'd care about 20 megs a sec if it cost you $2 a meg and you had an average job and had a family to feed...

anyway, this is WAY off topic

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

I have been using OWB for quite awhile now and I am very happy with the progress so far.

I was very surprised when suddenly, out of the blue, I started encountering crashes on the AmigaWorld webpage. I've finally captured a crashlog and submitted it. It only seems to happen when a particular ad appears in the Sponsored Ads area of the webpage. The ad has the words AVS Video. This ad was on the webpage for a few days around 2009/1/11 and my system crashed everytime the ad appeared. Then the ad disappeared again and other ads appeared instead. No crashes. Showed up again tonight and crashed my system.

As soon as I see the words AVS Video, OWB crashes with a GrimReaper 80000003 DSI type failure. So far, I have not seen the problem when any other ad is displayed.

http://crashlog.os4depot.net/cl115

The crash occurs on OWB 3.4, OWB 3.3, OWB 3.1 and OWB 2.20.

AWeb and IBrowse do not display the ads and do not crash.

---
redfox

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
Removed some minorly inflammatory posts, sorry for the inconvenience

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ChrisH

> 8Mbit British "broadband" will be laughed at in many countries

Our great and wonderful BT for you. However, 8Mb seems like LUXURY to me. My so called broadband is 16x slower with no hope of it improving in the near future

The really galling thing is BT still charges the same rental for the phone line as folk that can get the full 8Mb, just no justice from that bunch of ?^&^$&*%?$$^$.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@samo79

i pay like 55 doller for the 20mbis connection.and i can download all that i want. its up 20,it is like 14.5

the new internet cable can do better though. i am dreaming of faster opload. will at anytime say by by to the "20" if i could get like 10/10

Edited by retro on 2009/1/21 18:14:04
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg

Can't open "http://www.posten.no" in OWB 3.4

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@LiveForIt

Quote:
Can't open "http://www.posten.no" in OWB 3.4
Loading the main page and a few links in it work here, but it seems to require a flash plugin for some parts.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@LiveForIt

not trying to be smart or anything but I just clicked on your link and it wouldn't show in Internet Explorer - not until I removed the %22 from the end of the url

look at what happens when you accept promotion from work? you HAVE to use windows!!!!!! ack!!!!!!

I'll never be the same again I tell ya

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
this page renders only the background in owb:
http://www.galeriemennour.com
it seems that there are also problems with ms explorer (mostly refresh) though. whats the problem? french programmers?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@wawa

Quote:

wawa wrote:
this page renders only the background in owb:
http://www.galeriemennour.com
it seems that there are also problems with ms explorer (mostly refresh) though. whats the problem? french programmers?

I'm not sure the problem is that they are French (if they are at all), but rather that they seem to stupidly think that Flash is a web page markup language.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Would be nice if Facebook chat would work. Like its now people start to chat with me but i cant send my text to them. I type the text but nothing happens on hitting return key or klicking everywhere with the mouse. So people ask often why dont you reply ;)

All other stuff works ok that i use on facebook. Ok filedirect dont work but that is for future.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Kicko

Quote:
Would be nice if Facebook chat would work.
It will work in the next version. I fixed some other keyboard related problems too, for example Google suggest works as well.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@joerg

I know at least me and Voodoo will be happy :D

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3) 4 »