Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 111

MartinW, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 »
Re: Favourite Amiga
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Not for us paupers that couldn't afford one !

Are we nearly there yet ?
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Pauper! You?

I mean, a house, three kids, a budgie and a filthy computer habbit, why are you a pauper?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
because....

Three daughters.. a Cockatiel and dog and a disgusting computer habit

hehe

Are we nearly there yet ?
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Oh yeah, sorry forgot about the dog

Oh and I also forgot the wife!!!

/me hides!!!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
All the machines I had!

It would be hard to choose between A500, A1200, A3000, A4000, A4000T... I would choose my current A4000T

I loved my A500 but I didn't like the lack of IDE controller and some more ram would have been handy

I liked my A1200 and looking at the past it has been one of the best Amigas because it was cheap, featured an IDE controller and you could add memory more or less easily.

I liked my A3000 but OCS after having used AGA was simply crap. I couldn't live without my dear demos and leaving my Falcon 040/25 for a crappy 030/16 was not a good idea.

I loved absolutely my A4000. I missed the extra speed and extra ram of the Falcon040 accelerator, but it was a rock solid computer, everything was tidy, I could fit CDROMs inside and various hard drives and the best was about to come... graphic cards&scandoubler! With the CV64&scandoubler it absolutely rocked!

But I jumped to the A4000T... then Picasso4 and CS060MKII came. It was a great system, and when I got the CSPPC it was a monster. Now that it's fixed I love it and I'm very happy with it It can run everything from old OCS games to AGA 060 demos and also OS4, MOS, Linux and also MacOS through emulation... It can run past, present and future amiga software

I like my A4000T-PPC more than next gen solutions.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
A1000.

Open the case...... ....the keyboard hide away.

The court case is like a thunderstorm after a long humid summer.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Favourite looking amiga is the a4000 in original case with the monitor on top. The best one is my A1

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@RomanceClip
yes the 600 was compact but also the only amiga ive owened thats broken :(
still sits in the cupboard as a reminder :)

Amiga is the heart and soul of computing nothing else comes close
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
My cousins had c64's and I used to love playing the games when we would visit them. I finally got a c64 for my 10th birthday (in 1990). Candidate for happiest day of my life.

I finally got an Amiga 500 in 1992. The first game I played on it was just a crap shareware title (Crazy Sue 2) from a magazine coverdisk. I was instantly blown away by the superior sound. Later when I got some games, I was blown away by the quick loading and graphics. It was awesome. Then I started getting into the non-game side of things. Over time, I got a 2400 baud modem, an A590 hard drive with 20mb space and 1.5mb ram (we had to disable .5mb of ram because the ram chip was faulty), and a Workbench 2 ROM chip. It became an amazing computer to play with. I'd spend hours creating ANSI screens for my crap parttime BBS.

Eventually, I got an A2000. it had an 020 card, 120mb hard drive, and 3mb RAM. It felt SO FAST. I could finally experience this "multitasking" thing. I'd have tons of screens open at once. My workbench screen had awesome docks and was fully functional. I no longer ran out of hard drive space. THe previous owner had left a bunch of wavs and aiff's which I would show off over the phone. I'd get up at 7am and have a game of Dune 2 before school started. It was awesome.

After that, I got an A1200. Finally, I had AGA! Weird keyboard to type on at first, but I got used to it, like we all did. :) I got a 4mb FAST ram card for it later, and my Amiga experience was transformed again. I'd brag on IRC about how I had all my net software loaded at once with only 6mb RAM. I desperately wanted an 030, but didnt have any money to get it. :( My mother was funding my computer habit at this age.

Around this time, Phase5 were releasing their PPC addons. I calculated the cost of upgrading my Amiga to the extreme, and the cost of a cheap PC. I remember typing this list up in CyngusEd.. and, the PC prices won. :( I sold my Amiga gear, got a Cyrix 300mx, and my interest in computers died. I used my PC for WWW, IRC, and mp3's. At least the web was fast and in a nice resolution for once.

I got another PC in 2001, a decent one. Then in 2003 I got my AmigaOneXE, which is my main machine today.

For "best upgrade at the time", I'd have to vote on my A2000/020 :)

Since 2001, I've bought and sold a few machines, and have been given a few too. The other Amiga computers I currently own is an Amiga 4000/060, and an A1200/020. The A4000 is setup next to me on this desk. i keep meaning to download some scene demos for it. I've got maybe, 10 or so demos on it now. 3 of them are quite good. Though, I feel a little sad, because I never got to own an A4000 when those machines were in their prime. :(

Edited by jahc on 2006/12/15 11:05:09
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
My ?A1-C definitely. Fast CPU, truecolour graphics and a great OS to go with it. Don't think I ever want to go back to using OS3.x again...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
A500 just coz it was the first one I saw, the first one I used and the first one I owned - and it gave me so many hourse of fun and frustration!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
My favourite Amiga! Difficult to say. I still have fond memories for my first Amiga (A2000HD with 68020 accelerator and pcbridgeboard). This is followed closely by my A4000 which I installed in an Ateo tower many years ago and added CSPPC & CV graphics card and oodles of other expansion boards. Neither of these classic machines compare to the speed of my A1-XE or ?A1-C, however as a collector of Amiga computers I still have a soft spot for the classic range.

TrevorDick

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
My favourite Amiga is the Amiga 500. Basically I like everything of it, especially its build quality, reliability and design.
A friend of mine owns an Amiga 1200, but although it has enhanced graphical capabilities, it does not feel as solid as my trusty old Amiga 500.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Insufficiently milspec

The court case is like a thunderstorm after a long humid summer.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
AmigaOne XE and my hopefully soon to be refurbished A4000

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
My A4000/030.

I loved that machine and when upgrading it to an 060 with a Cybervision 64 it was wonderful. Far more fluid and fun to use than any PC at the time.

I moved it to a Micronik tower and added many other peripherals and hardware hacks - which unfortunately led to it dying.

It was a seriously awesome tool.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

RomanceClip wrote:

I use my A600 as my main machine but it's butt ugly compared to the '500.

Do you use it with an accelerator? I only ask as I once had an 030 accelerator for my A600. It was brilliant when it worked but very unreliable. It would be interesting to hear if someone has managed to make it usable.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
A 600 , size...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Insufficiently milspec

Need a rolling on the floor laughing smiley for this!!!

Has Doomy registered here? He's a 'true' Amigan. None of that toy A1200 stuff in his house!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Isn't this in the WRONG section?

I though this was the forum to discuss classic Amiga GAMES !

Even if it was about classic hardware why anyone would mention the A1 beats me !! :-/

Anyway ......having got that off my chest ....

My favourite Classic game is Sensi Soccer no doubt. Still lives on in a 2006 reincarnation... Not many games can boast that eh!!

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 »